Society/Culture Has it become impossible now to hit on someone for sex?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think women that are used to guys making the first move are going to find it more difficult.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I don't mind them having to do all the leg work. :p

With all these 'outings", have we entered a period where casual sexual relations now requires a contract ratified by lawyers?
Of course not. Unless your one and only move when hitting on someone is pulling your utensil out or honking their ****. Then you're in strife.

IlQC00Z.gif

ratified by lawyers?
Back in the good old days you just clubbed women over the head and dragged them back to the cave by their hair.

Didn't need to worry about how old they were, or whatever this thing called "consent" is.

The world's gone mad.

Back in the good old days you just clubbed women over the head and dragged them back to the cave by their hair.

Didn't need to worry about how old they were, or whatever this thing called "consent" is.

The world's gone mad.

Exhibit A

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we live in a culture where an accusation is the trial, and both sides of the issue will only engage in strawmen.

actually scratch that, the accusation = guilt culture only seems to happen with the left wing. The right is the other extreme now where they wont give a s**t and dend genuine examples of assult.

luckily im married so wont have to deal with this s**t.

There doesn't seem to be presumption of innocence anymore, even men like Cardinal Pell who I don't particularly like, deserve their day in court. Instead we are getting a trial by social media.

It also extends to what commentary is appropriate. James Corden was lambasted for his jokes about Weinstein, with Rose McGowan calling him some nasty names, yet I see equally offensive jokes on late night TV or elsewhere, without repercussions.

The real culprit is this online mob rule. Still think it's the reason why Trump won, he was one person who was immune to it during his campaign.

There doesn't seem to be presumption of innocence anymore, even men like Cardinal Pell who I don't particularly like, deserve their day in court. Instead we are getting a trial by social media.

It also extends to what commentary is appropriate. James Corden was lambasted for his jokes about Weinstein, with Rose McGowan calling him some nasty names, yet I see equally offensive jokes on late night TV or elsewhere, without repercussions.

The real culprit is this online mob rule. Still think it's the reason why Trump won, he was one person who was immune to it during his campaign.

They put it on "The Panel", and the 3 or 4 trusted members of society, ummm i mean "small time comedians and former radio personalities from a particular clique" tell us whether its acceptable enough. ( with Steve Price representing the ugly counterview ).

On the flip side, more victims are finding their voice. Seeing how the courts have repeatedly let people down - this is not such a bad thing.

women find men who ask to kiss them completely lame and thus the notion of asking for consent is a catch 22.

so men dont ask and try to read the signs when they make their move.

This gives women incredible power and the ability to ruin mens lives in todays current climate.

Thankfully Im no longer single. Good luck all you single guys just trying to do the right thing. You are going to need it.

Last edited:
women find men who ask to kiss them completely lame and thus the notion of asking for consent is a catch 22.

This gives women incredible power and the ability to ruin mens lives in todays current climate.

Thankfully Im no longer single. Good luck all you single guys just trying to do the right think. You are going to need it.

Mind you its probably better to be lame than to flop out the old fella and heave away. Not sure that was ever considered romantic.

Thankfully Im no longer single. Good luck all you single guys just trying to do the right think. You are going to need it.

*some women. I certainly never viewed it as lame.

When you view relationships as who has power/who doesn't - it is doomed to fail IMO.

This.

Every girl I hooked up with at uni (there wasn’t THAT many but enough to make a solid case for comparison) came via a kiss that had no preamble, usually you are dancing or chatting closely, one thing leads to another and you kiss or whatever.

What the f*** is wrong with people to think that this is somehow unacceptable behaviour. Even when it’s not wanted, I would have no problem with any person who genuinely misread a signal and was immediately apologetic and understanding that they had misjudged the situation. (Kissing I mean)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back