• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The sun will definitely be an issue. Confirmed by someone who has been working there for months and testing out various seating options
Don't take advice from someone 'testing' the sun position at various times now....This may sound weird but the sunset angles are different in November to footy season... was explained by an expert about 20 pages back

And I reckon that the Freo image that I have attached of the sun across the ground is closer to what can be expected. But I'm certainly not an expert.

However, I have done a fair bit of research on this topic as I didn't want to pay $1,650 per seat to have the sun in our faces all day.

Worth reconsidering and doing some further research - you have until Tuesday and it's a decision one wants to get right.:D

Good luck with it!

View attachment 438216
Get that filthy purple endorsing image off my screen FFS

Don't take advice from someone 'testing' the sun position at various times now....This may sound weird but the sunset angles are different in November to footy season... was explained by an expert about 20 pages back
That's it.

If the sun is a problem move to Melbourne.

If the rains a problem move to Coober Pedy .

So was able to move from Section 547 row 15, to Section 514 Row 12.

So HAPPY to not be staring into the sun, especially with all the stupid 2:40pm games we get allocated. The last quarter is a nightmare and after 20 years my retinas have aged a lot. High enough to see the action on the other side of the ground and be protected from the rain blowing from the southwest, never have sun in my eyes, and slightly closer to centre wing than my old seats at Subi. Now thats worth the extra $125 :)

Noticed that A LOT of the $1600 and $1100 seats on the middle section in the sun are available. Seriously hope that the club has egg on its face and no-one takes those seats. Ridiculous pricing and the club is just extorting loyal members and those who have been waiting years for a membership.

Fair enough - the very best of luck with your selections on Tuesday.:D Hope you get to where you want to be with the seats.

And then we can all start counting down to the first game. Going to be a brilliant experience - I reckon. And hopefully the members give Sydney a fearsome welcome just to let them know that they're in our new home ground and we don't put out the welcome mat for visiting teams.

Sun side not too bad. I have had a look at some afternoon photos on the Perth Stadium web site and I reckon the sun image on the virtual ground is a tad misleading.

I reckon this photo is early afternoon maybe 1.00pm 'ish' (and it is October). It's not the same as the virtual stadium shadow. ]

View attachment 438202

I did a few quick sun studies for the stadium for anyone interested in how much sun they will get.

I used the old Planning docs that are available to everyone here for the stand and roof dimensions
https://perthstadium.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Project-Definition-Plan.pdf

Very rough but these are a few sun angles at 2:40

April
perth stadium april 240.jpg

June perth stadium June 240.jpg

September
perth stadium september 240.jpg

If anyone wants more specific times and views from seating locations PM me and I will see what I can do

So was able to move from Section 547 row 15, to Section 514 Row 12.

So HAPPY to not be staring into the sun, especially with all the stupid 2:40pm games we get allocated. The last quarter is a nightmare and after 20 years my retinas have aged a lot. High enough to see the action on the other side of the ground and be protected from the rain blowing from the southwest, never have sun in my eyes, and slightly closer to centre wing than my old seats at Subi. Now thats worth the extra $125 :)

Noticed that A LOT of the $1600 and $1100 seats on the middle section in the sun are available. Seriously hope that the club has egg on its face and no-one takes those seats. Ridiculous pricing and the club is just extorting loyal members and those who have been waiting years for a membership.

I've been 'extorted':(

I did a few quick sun studies for the stadium for anyone interested in how much sun they will get.

I used the old Planning docs that are available to everyone here for the stand and roof dimensions
https://perthstadium.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Project-Definition-Plan.pdf

Very rough but these are a few sun angles at 2:40

April
View attachment 438364

JuneView attachment 438365

September
View attachment 438366

If anyone wants more specific times and views from seating locations PM me and I will see what I can do

Thanks for your work on this trigger!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legal requirement is 900mm

Not quite right

BCA.JPG

This is from the BCA.

So my interpretation is actually only required to be 700mm (The Stadium is Class 9b), if it had 1m horizontal projection, which I don't think it does, so would then require 1m.

I also read further and think the design may have used the clause for NSW which would require 1200mm

BCA nsw.JPG

Hope this helps

I've been 'extorted':(
in my opinion - yes. I was in block 334 row A at subi and those seats only cost $485. This year they are $1100+
Everyone in those blocks has been pushed back 1 tier and charged more money, meanwhile the 2nd tier has gone up $700.

in my opinion - yes. I was in block 334 row A at subi and those seats only cost $485. This year they are $1100+
Everyone in those blocks has been pushed back 1 tier and charged more money, meanwhile the 2nd tier has gone up $700.
That's like complaining because a business class airline seat costs more than economy. No one has a gun to your head, keep the money in your pocket.

From my understanding you can't compare the same Block number you had at Subi to the new Stadium. Completely different outlay from what I've been told? I was in Block 338 2nd Row and am now in Block 309 Row 16. I have Cat B seats which is comparable to Premium seating that I had and my seat has only gone up ever so slightly taking into account inflation and a far better Stadium. I guess the Club was in a situation where you can't please all of the people all of the time;).

Anyone getting a feel for the percentage of members unlikely to move across to the new stadium? i.e. how many seats will become available through attrition to go with the new seats? I am an ITW member and am super nervous about tix as I reckon I am just that little bit too far back but I am close enough to get my hopes up (and then prob have them dashed!)

Anyone getting a feel for the percentage of members unlikely to move across to the new stadium? i.e. how many seats will become available through attrition to go with the new seats? I am an ITW member and am super nervous about tix as I reckon I am just that little bit too far back but I am close enough to get my hopes up (and then prob have them dashed!)

There have been a few calculations done earlier in the thread that both seemed pretty well thought out. The problem is there are two major assumptions that have to be made: how many current members will cancel, and how many seats will ITW members take up once they are offered.

Regarding renewals, there does appear to be a lot of people frustrated/disappointed by the transfer process however I don't think I've seen one poster mention that it will result in them cancelling their membership. This may also be the reasoning behind the lack of information being released so far or GA ticket prices/options/forecasts. If they don't give members the information there, they will be less willing to run the gauntlet and drop their membership.

My gut feel is that we'll get to around 3500-5500 on the wait list, which has me just sneaking in at the top end! Good luck :)

There have been a few calculations done earlier in the thread that both seemed pretty well thought out. The problem is there are two major assumptions that have to be made: how many current members will cancel, and how many seats will ITW members take up once they are offered.

Regarding renewals, there does appear to be a lot of people frustrated/disappointed by the transfer process however I don't think I've seen one poster mention that it will result in them cancelling their membership. This may also be the reasoning behind the lack of information being released so far or GA ticket prices/options/forecasts. If they don't give members the information there, they will be less willing to run the gauntlet and drop their membership.

My gut feel is that we'll get to around 3500-5500 on the wait list, which has me just sneaking in at the top end! Good luck :)

One thing about the stadium there should greater chance to access to tickets at away derbies and all other home Eagles games for General admission ...10k -15k of seats available to supporters hopefully .

Last edited:
One thing about the stadium there should greater chance to access to tickets at away derbies and all other home Eagles games for General admission ...10k -15k of seats available to supporters hopefully .
Just my opinion only - I get the impression that for those members a bit cash strapped that many will still renew this year even if at this stage a little unhappy with their seats or the price. When I think there could be a bit of a drop-off in Membership is next year as many just want to experience the new Stadium. So for those ITW wouldn't lose heart, as for those further down the list you may just have to wait another year to obtain membership. Of course in the interim I'm sure you'll be able to find seats for the occasional game. Just my 2c worth!

Just my opinion only - I get the impression that for those members a bit cash strapped that many will still renew this year even if at this stage a little unhappy with their seats or the price. When I think there could be a bit of a drop-off in Membership is next year as many just want to experience the new Stadium. So for those ITW wouldn't lose heart, as for those further down the list you may just have to wait another year to obtain membership. Of course in the interim I'm sure you'll be able to find seats for the occasional game. Just my 2c worth!

Im actually a member so have seats in the lower part of the top deck but will be interested at away derbies how many tickets will be available , hopefully 20k WCE fans can get into the game ....would be a good atmosphere and make the away game less of an away game .

Back