• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Debate here in SA if Optus Stadium is better than Adelaide Oval... guy on the news said "nice cake tin theyve got over there but nothing beats Adelaide Oval "

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well the WA taxpayer paid for both.

Remember you being such a tosser when I mentioned I was worried about my seat looking through the fencing. So just wanted to do a little told you so.... this was the seat I was originally assigned that you wanted me to suck it up and be grateful for. Photo taken from eye level.

This is my new seat. Little further back, more in the centre of the ground, and $110 cheaper. What an idiot I am for being worried in the first place o_O

Yeah, I wouldn't be stoked about the front row view. Good move!

Yeah, I wouldn't be stoked about the front row view. Good move!
Surprisingly, the steel bars for the row right on the boundary fence weren’t really an issue, even for a “shortish” adult (me). The bars interrupted the view only of the first 10m or so beyond the boundary. The rest of the field was fine. Wouldn’t mind those seats if they were what you got for a final....

the same thing happens at Skoda stadium if you're in the front row of the members. But it did save me from a premature death when i almost fell over celebrating NicNat's goal in the last few seconds. I don't know any better way to solve the problem
Could it have been built differently? I dont know. But it is what it is. My beef is with the club.

Be upfront with your members. Tell them those seats will have some railing blocking sections of the ground. Dont push the no bad seat in the house line.

Adjust pricing. That is not a B class seat. I would not be happy paying B class pricing for it. The fact I am happier with a C seat than that B seat speaks volumes.

Could it have been built differently? I dont know. But it is what it is. My beef is with the club.

Be upfront with your members. Tell them those seats will have some railing blocking sections of the ground. Dont push the no bad seat in the house line.

Adjust pricing. That is not a B class seat. I would not be happy paying B class pricing for it. The fact I am happier with a C seat than that B seat speaks volumes.

I couldnt agree more! We originally had first row seats and when I checked them out at the open day was very unhappy with what the club had provided. No mention anywhere from the club that there was an obstruction of view.

Marched into WCE headquarters and was told that the AFL don’t consider them obstructed view seats! Wow really, are the AFL happy to pay the bill too? The virtual venue starts at row 3 so you really dont get an appreciation until you actually sit in them and they are horrible!

Well it appears I wasn’t the only one there having issue with Row 1 seats on the top tier. Told there was nothing they could do....Well I’m not leaving until someone fixes the issue...end result, now in row 9 and, no restrictions on view and the seats are $110 cheaper!

The club must have known this was an issue, how can they even think they would get away with charging B pricing when a further 5 rows back its C pricing with a better view. Very poor effort WCE!

Attachments

• 696425C8-663D-46A5-9DF5-E3063BFD89E0.jpeg
    696425C8-663D-46A5-9DF5-E3063BFD89E0.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 136
I

got front row seats, you now have me worried!

I suppose it depends on where you are at the ground and the seat numbers, some would be ok, others are just terrible for viewing a game. Expect to moving left and right all game!

I suppose it depends on where you are at the ground and the seat numbers, some would be ok, others are just terrible for viewing a game. Expect to moving left and right all game!
I am block 544.. i am quite tall, dont know if that will help or not, I guess ill have to suck it up, im not sure im glad you told me now or when i went to sit down... or i can buy 2nd membership now in block 116 , which looks better. :(

No bad seats but a few ordinary views.

Semantics FTW.

What makes Adelaide oval better?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

i kinda agree - but my only experience was for the qualifying final and that atmosphere was simply insane.
Perth Stadium just feels a little bland inside at the moment - adelaide oval and that southern stand just had a feeling of quality and history all through it with the finishings and a nice historic walk through display

I am block 544.. i am quite tall, dont know if that will help or not, I guess ill have to suck it up, im not sure im glad you told me now or when i went to sit down... or i can buy 2nd membership now in block 116 , which looks better. :(

Block 116 would be really good. Im generally not a fan of sitting at lower level, but i was really impressed how things looked even from the front row

I couldnt agree more! We originally had first row seats and when I checked them out at the open day was very unhappy with what the club had provided. No mention anywhere from the club that there was an obstruction of view.

Marched into WCE headquarters and was told that the AFL don’t consider them obstructed view seats! Wow really, are the AFL happy to pay the bill too? The virtual venue starts at row 3 so you really dont get an appreciation until you actually sit in them and they are horrible!

Well it appears I wasn’t the only one there having issue with Row 1 seats on the top tier. Told there was nothing they could do....Well I’m not leaving until someone fixes the issue...end result, now in row 9 and, no restrictions on view and the seats are $110 cheaper!

The club must have known this was an issue, how can they even think they would get away with charging B pricing when a further 5 rows back its C pricing with a better view. Very poor effort WCE!
Glad you got it sorted. And kind of glad they are copping it (although the poor people copping it would not be the people making the decision in the first place). Treating members like cattle. They should have been upfront in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is until everyone on the front rows has them kicked off because they have been placed on the floor. I give it til the end of the season and half of them will be gone!
I was wondering about the front row - anyone got a photo?

From what I saw at the ground yesterday, most of level 1 are the worst seats. Level 1 is in the sun most of the day (WACA anyone).
I went and sat at level 5 at the back of the stand and was impressed with how close the ground still was. That is where I will be sitting for the Aussie/England dead rubber:(.

I personally will buy tickets from level 2 up in the future.

As people have said, plenty of stairs to climb, so going to be a nightmare for the elderly or disabled. The lifts were crowded with lines yesterday, so they will be a failure on game day.

And when I left the ground yesterday, the trains were busy and there were less than a hundred people waiting for them. So getting to the ground might be ok on game day, but going home will be a nightmare.

From what I saw at the ground yesterday, most of level 1 are the worst seats. Level 1 is in the sun most of the day (WACA anyone).
I went and sat at level 5 at the back of the stand and was impressed with how close the ground still was. That is where I will be sitting for the Aussie/England dead rubber:(.

Funny, I had the complete opposite conclusion. Top of Level 5 a big part of the wing is missing. Level 1 seats, other than the front couple of rows, view and atmosphere will be heaps better. Food pubs, toilets are also slightly easier to get to on Lvl 1.

The sun will be an issue on south side (no different to Subi) and worse the further to the East you get - but overall still glad I swapped from back of Lvl 5 to the 11th row Level 1.

Level 1 are the premium seats for a reason - and other than the first row or 2 - and the South/ East corner - will be awesome. Level 5 North near the front does look good though.

I'm Level 3 for the ODI.

Funny, I had the complete opposite conclusion. Top of Level 5 a big part of the wing is missing. Level 1 seats, other than the front couple of rows, view and atmosphere will be heaps better. Food pubs, toilets are also slightly easier to get to on Lvl 1.

The sun will be an issue on south side (no different to Subi) and worse the further to the East you get - but overall still glad I swapped from back of Lvl 5 to the 11th row Level 1.

Level 1 are the premium seats for a reason - and other than the first row or 2 - and the South/ East corner - will be awesome. Level 5 North near the front does look good though.

I'm Level 3 for the ODI.
I should clarify that level 1 would have the best views but the sun is a big factor I believe. Maybe not for the short games like footy or 20 20 but I would not be keen to sit in the sun most of the day at a test or one dayer. Done it before at the WACA and it is hell.

Part way up level 2 would be the seats I would choose. Close but out of the sun.

Did you notice how steep level 5 is? I won't be reaching too far forward for a catch. Would not be hard to roll across the seats below you and off the balcony.

I should clarify that level 1 would have the best views but the sun is a big factor I believe. Maybe not for the short games like footy or 20 20 but I would not be keen to sit in the sun most of the day at a test or one dayer. Done it before at the WACA and it is hell.

Part way up level 2 would be the seats I would choose. Close but out of the sun.

Did you notice how steep level 5 is? I won't be reaching too far forward for a catch. Would not be hard to roll across the seats below you and off the balcony.

But everyone is saying the is a gigantic metal bar in the way

But everyone is saying the is a gigantic metal bar in the way
I can't comment on the bar because I didn't sit in the seats with that problem sorry. I tried the seats front row level 1 and they looked through the fence but that was fine.

Couple extra things about the ground. Drinking fountains provided everywhere, so you don't have to go far to get free water. And compared to other stadiums I have visited, Optus is very easy to find your way around.
And every entrance into a stand has a set of toilets next to it.

I can't comment on the bar because I didn't sit in the seats with that problem sorry. I tried the seats front row level 1 and they looked through the fence but that was fine.

Couple extra things about the ground. Drinking fountains provided everywhere, so you don't have to go far to get free water. And compared to other stadiums I have visited, Optus is very easy to find your way around.
Not sure if you took note but were there any parent room toilets?

More importantly, are there toilets at the train station? With a 60 min+ wait to get people away from the stadium there are going to be a lot busting for a leak!

Not sure if you took note but were there any parent room toilets?
No I didn't notice sorry. You can tell I am not a parent.
I am guessing there would be quite a few. Probably in most female toilets, if not all. They have allocated a lot of disabled seating and catered for women with a lot of extra toilets, so I would expect mothers to have been well catered for.

Back