Mega Thread The Fireman Kornes and Ringo Rucci jumbo thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if he is no longer an employee of the Tiser and essentially a contractor for them. I always thought "at large" in terms of media means a freelancer?

I would bet he has taken a pay cut. Might explain his shorter Italian holiday this year.

Could be a sign of the times in that print media is dying and a way they can save money. Also a reason why be does more radio work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I disagree, A lot of the decisions take into account the physics of any action, pressure applied to the ball, wind conditions, weight of the ball. They may not be sitting down and doing the calculations ( even though I have seen it done ) and exact measurements aren't being done but the brain is doing the calculations based on past experience and observed outcomes. The higher the IQ the quicker these calculations are done.
I'm not saying this is the whole of the ability to play sport, because there is also physical attributes to the athlete that contribute such as height, strength, balance and speed. What I am contesting is the notion that sports people are of lower intelligence which is just wrong.

I referred specifically to footballers and over the length of my life (57 years) I have seen nothing to doubt what I said.

A lot of chess grandmasters, astrophysicists and doctors say 'yeah....nah' in regular everyday conversation, so I don't know why people don't think footballers are all stone cold brainiacs

I would have thought that the sporting community was a general representation of society as a whole. There would be an even representation from Mensans to dumber than dumb and everything in between.

Just a few from our club at either end, from my baseless judgemental educational opinion from different eras, Matthew Liptak and A Jarman, NVB and Tex.

DYccDAaU0AAxcnq.jpg:large

Where is his iron, the same place as his neck? Non-existent?

I would have thought that the sporting community was a general representation of society as a whole. There would be an even representation from Mensans to dumber than dumb and everything in between.

Just a few from our club at either end, from my baseless judgemental educational opinion from different eras, Matthew Liptak and A Jarman, NVB and Tex.

Absolutely.

I’m not sure how thick you’d need to be to actually believe all footballers, sports people, reality stars, wags, actors, council workers etc were all dumb

Absolutely.

I’m not sure how thick you’d need to be to actually believe all footballers, sports people, reality stars, wags, actors, council workers etc were all dumb
Edited for accuracy.

“Absolutely.

I’m not sure how thick you’d need to be to actually believe all footballers, sports people, Big Footy posters, reality stars, wags, actors, council workers etc were all dumb”

I disagree, A lot of the decisions take into account the physics of any action, pressure applied to the ball, wind conditions, weight of the ball. They may not be sitting down and doing the calculations ( even though I have seen it done ) and exact measurements aren't being done but the brain is doing the calculations based on past experience and observed outcomes. The higher the IQ the quicker these calculations are done.
I'm not saying this is the whole of the ability to play sport, because there is also physical attributes to the athlete that contribute such as height, strength, balance and speed. What I am contesting is the notion that sports people are of lower intelligence which is just wrong.
Do you understand what an IQ test is? Your ability to judge those things you mention above will not improve your score you realise that right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes I do, I was trying to show that to play sports well takes a lot of brain power

both
I'm not saying it doesn't.

I'm also not saying all athletes are dumb or athletes can't be successful.

Someone posted about the average footballers IQ. I'm saying the result of this test on them will show a befor average IQ purely because of the dedication they've had to the sport.

I wonder if he is no longer an employee of the Tiser and essentially a contractor for them. I always thought "at large" in terms of media means a freelancer?

I would bet he has taken a pay cut. Might explain his shorter Italian holiday this year.

Could be a sign of the times in that print media is dying and a way they can save money. Also a reason why be does more radio work.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Radio is also dying albeit at a slower rate. He is likely to be further pushed out over the coming years.

Do you understand what an IQ test is? Your ability to judge those things you mention above will not improve your score you realise that right.
I would think that a players ability to make quick and sound decisions in a game , an attribute that is increasingly desirable, is directly attributed to IQ or the players mental horse power.

I would think that a players ability to make quick and sound decisions in a game , an attribute that is increasingly desirable, is directly attributed to IQ or the players mental horse power.
You know that IQ is measured by an actual test where by the test your academic aptitude?

Someone who has not focused on schooling or education will in general score lower in an IQ test.

The IQ test is not the be all with regards to intelligence.

I think you're referring to general intelligence instead of the actual IQ as quantified by a specific test, where there is a distinction.

You know that IQ is measured by an actual test where by the test your academic aptitude?

Someone who has not focused on schooling or education will in general score lower in an IQ test.

The IQ test is not the be all with regards to intelligence.

I think you're referring to general intelligence instead of the actual IQ as quantified by a specific test, where there is a distinction.
Yes you are right although I would argue that the critical reasoning component of psych test is a good indicator of your iq regardless of education

Remove this Banner Ad

Back