Preview Round 10, 2018: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, 27 May 2018, 1.10pm @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there might be something to this as well.

Lewis was a surprise inclusion considering he is so green. I wonder if there will be more this week.

Really? Even though he is very raw, Lewis was overdue given his form at BHH and with how poorly TO has been playing.

I'm really concerned about seeing Naitanui and Ceglar on the same ground.

That will potentially give me an outbreak of PTSD!

I reckon this one will be tougher and closer than many predict. Your guys will be keen to atone for last week and quite frankly feel they have the wood on West Coast if they turn up.

Why are we all excited about Shuey being out when he hasn’t been playing and they winning easily lol.

For those that are still trying to build a case for Doc to play need to see a Doc asap. Nice bloke, trains hard and cuts everyones hair but needs 4-5 weeks at Box Hill minimum before another chance.

Really? Even though he is very raw, Lewis was overdue given his form at BHH and with how poorly TO has been playing.
Yes, really. He’s a 19yr old tall and although he’s shown good form, it was still a little surprising to see him given a game when Schoenmakers was also available.

Why are we all excited about Shuey being out when he hasn’t been playing and they winning easily lol.

For those that are still trying to build a case for Doc to play need to see a Doc asap. Nice bloke, trains hard and cuts everyones hair but needs 4-5 weeks at Box Hill minimum before another chance.
The odds on Doc playing 90%

I always do own it, unlike many on this forum who will forever think the sun shines out their arses. I love it when I'm wrong and the club benefits, but I find if I lean a tad to the glass half empty camp my disappointment is lessened in worst case scenarios.
Being pessimistic is win win. Your either always right or pleasantly surprised.

Yes, really. He’s a 19yr old tall and although he’s shown good form, it was still a little surprising to see him given a game when Schoenmakers was also available.

Correct. Box Hill form is one thing - but key forwards need time to get into senior footy. From a confidence point of view he probably would have been better suited kicking another 3-4 goals in the VFL last week than languishing a bit in the seniors during a demoralising loss. Form is great and all - but if the player isn't ready to be thrown into the deep end then you need to be patient.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clarko changes a few things this week and plays both Cegs and Lewis, playing at the Dome where it will be pristine and the Eagles not having a tall backline he may see a chance to go big.

Pop - Cegs - Punky
Ruff - Lewis - Gunna

3 elite pressure players + Ruff who is also solid in this aspect + 2 big boys who can take a grab. A little out there but it's something I wouldn't put past Clarko, it paid dividend for **** against us.

All those idiot opposition supporters sprouting about Rioli being overrated. Our forward line efficiency and scoring was so much better with him playing

We would be a 5-6 goal better side if he and Birchall were playing. Massive outs for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would be a 5-6 goal better side if he and Birchall were playing. Massive outs for us.

If those two ever get back to full fitness and form, we are at least that much better.

It's a bloody shame for us that both look to be winding down. Love both of them, had breakfast next to Birch one day, not a thing to dislike about that guy.

If those two ever get back to full fitness and form, we are at least that much better.

It's a bloody shame for us that both look to be winding down. Love both of them, had breakfast next to Birch one day, not a thing to dislike about that guy.

Birch with Stratts makes for a highly intelligent and elite duo of footballer and leader, we miss Birch a hell of a lot.

Opposition fans would do well to see how the Eagles fans are interacting with us to see how you can engage on an opposition board without having your head bitten off. Good contributions all round.

Howe, JOM, Frawley, Ceglar, Glass, Schoey... all are in our best team. That is six changes.

JOR needs a run. That would be 7.

I think Schoey and Ceglar and Howe must come in. So probably at least 5 changes.

Frawley, Mirra and Brand.... one has to miss. Possibly Mirra based on match ups.

Ceglar would still be a better forward 50 marking option than O’Brien. At least he doesn’t get pushed out of marking contests. Despite Ceglar being a ruckman he averages more disposals, more contested possessions, more marks, more contested marks and more tackles per game in his career than O’Brien.

Ceglar would still be a better forward 50 marking option than O’Brien. At least he doesn’t get pushed out of marking contests. Despite Ceglar being a ruckman he averages more disposals, more contested possessions, more marks, more contested marks and more tackles per game in his career than O’Brien.

TOB is always high in pressure acts. I think the coaching team have valued this, above his possessions, and we could have used it last weekend.

Not saying we need him back... we have other options, like Ceglar and Schoey.

Agree with that - and we do appear to have an obvious brand and gameplan.

The reality is - this comp is very very even. It wouldn't tkae us to be off much and you guys to be razzed up for it to be a 6 goal victory your way.

I am of course hopeful we carry on with our form, but it wouldn't be a surprise to have a belting either way.
You guys are playing a complete rounded game , no real weak areas at this stage . Great to watch too.

Our forwardline always makes us dangerous but the past month our system has been poor , if we dish that up against how your defenders set up you’ll win easily . No surer thing .
If we get somewhere near our Geelong/Melbourne matches form , it could be game on but those matches seem a world away now.
Clarkson also will need to shoot the lights out in the box

It’s a lot of what ifs for us to beat you ....

You guys are playing a complete rounded game , no real weak areas at this stage . Great to watch too.

Our forwardline always makes us dangerous but the past month our system has been poor , if we dish that up against how your defenders set up you’ll win easily . No surer thing .
If we get somewhere near our Geelong/Melbourne matches form , it could be game on but those matches seem a world away now.
Clarkson also will need to shoot the lights out in the box

It’s a lot of what ifs for us to beat you ....

That's what worries me...

Best coach in a generation seems to always do it against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back