Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Tippett ever this consistent ? May have had better overall games, but never consistently good week in week out
Yes he was but that ******* injury destroyed that. Can’t take away Sinclair’s form and it is probably almost equal with what Tippett was doing. Fingers crossed, he doesn’t get injured because te disciple ain’t up to AFL footy according to the coaches!

Yes he was but that ******* injury destroyed that. Can’t take away Sinclair’s form and it is probably almost equal with what Tippett was doing. Fingers crossed, he doesn’t get injured because te disciple ain’t up to AFL footy according to the coaches!

When did Tippett play 10 good games in a row?

Sinclair is playing 86% game time while Naitanui is playing 58% game time because of injury management.

If you do an NBA style 'per 36 minutes' type of look they are very similar for disposals, Sinclair wins in marks (by 1.0 mark), and Naitanui is ahead everywhere else.
It's round 11 & this far in to his come back year Natanui needs to be playing 70% gametime.

What is interesting as big as a profile he had, the position he played, the salary he was paid...there are not too many posts around here referencing how useful he would be. Largely forgotten already
Really? Everyone is calling for Cameron to play and he’s nowhere near Kurt Tippett!

It's actually a very good time for ruckman at the moment. Here's the #1 at each club (with the top 3 averages in each category on footywire and all of Sinclair's averages) ranked in my order of preference, which takes into account current form, stats, my own viewing and pre-2018 form. Obviously others will have different opinions:
  1. Melbourne - Gawn (#1 in hitouts and Supercoach, #2 in AFL Fantasy, #3 in handballs, =#3 in goals)
  2. Collingwood - Grundy (#1 in handballs, disposals, tackles, clearances and AFL Fantasy, #2 in marks and Supercoach)
  3. Brisbane - Martin (#2 in handballs, disposals, clearances, #3 in kicks, marks, hitouts, AFL Fantasy and Supercoach)
  4. West Coast - Naitanui (#3 in tackles)
  5. Sydney - Sinclair (#2 in kicks, #4 in marks and Supercoach, #5 in goals and AFL Fanatasy, #6 in disposals, #9 in clearances, #10 in handballs, #16 in tackles)
  6. Port - Ryder (=#1 in goals)
  7. Fremantle - Sandilands (#2 in hitouts)
  8. Adelaide - Jacobs
  9. Gold Coast - Witts (#3 in clearances)
  10. Richmond - Nankervis (#1 in kicks and marks, #3 in disposals)
  11. North Melbourne - Goldstein
  12. Carlton - Kreuzer (#2 in tackles)
  13. Essendon - Bellchambers
  14. Hawthorn - McEvoy
  15. Geelong - Stanley (=#3 in goals)
  16. GWS - Lobb
  17. St Kilda - Hickey
  18. Western Bulldogs - Boyd (=#1 in goals)
So I don't think he's quite in All-Australian contention, but am absolutely loving what he's been doing and where he sits on that list.

What is interesting as big as a profile he had, the position he played, the salary he was paid...there are not too many posts around here referencing how useful he would be. Largely forgotten already

Rubbish there's just no point because it's all pot shots from the keyboard warriors.

When nic nat gets the ball more than 10 times a game with monotonous regularity, maybe we can compare him to sinclair.

With what wce are paying for nn and what we are paying for sinclair, they are not getting double the production

Goal posts that change are not goal posts.

Why are we still going on about Tippett.
Good recruiting or bad, it's totally irrelevant now as he can no longer play for our club as he is retired injured. Even with the worse case scenario of our number one ruckman going down prior to the season commencing, the ranting about Tippett's recruitment was over the top, but now that we sit 8 & 3 in third spot with another whipping boy favourite on here, Sinclair dominating & taking on the challenge thrown at him to improve his game, the same miserable posting about Tippo continues.
BORRRRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNGGGGGGGG!
Get a life, move on from Tippett & enjoy what Sinclair & the Bloods, if you actually support them, are doing while rebuilding & playing one of the least experienced teams week in week out.

Are we realistically going to win the premiership in 2018?
I very much doubt it but I have never read so much negative dribble about our team while we are still giving a great account of ourselves in this competition, all while we are rebuilding.

And how about this one?
McVeigh? Seriously the guy is not only dominating stats for our club but he is actually in the upper ratings for the competition in some ball use stats.
Too old my ar.e.
He is still one of our 5 most important players IMO & I don't care what anyone says.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's actually a very good time for ruckman at the moment. Here's the #1 at each club (with the top 3 averages in each category on footywire and all of Sinclair's averages) ranked in my order of preference, which takes into account current form, stats, my own viewing and pre-2018 form. Obviously others will have different opinions:
  1. Melbourne - Gawn (#1 in hitouts and Supercoach, #2 in AFL Fantasy, #3 in handballs, =#3 in goals)
  2. Collingwood - Grundy (#1 in handballs, disposals, tackles, clearances and AFL Fantasy, #2 in marks and Supercoach)
  3. Brisbane - Martin (#2 in handballs, disposals, clearances, #3 in kicks, marks, hitouts, AFL Fantasy and Supercoach)
  4. West Coast - Naitanui (#3 in tackles)
  5. Sydney - Sinclair (#2 in kicks, #4 in marks and Supercoach, #5 in goals and AFL Fanatasy, #6 in disposals, #9 in clearances, #10 in handballs, #16 in tackles)
  6. Port - Ryder (=#1 in goals)
  7. Fremantle - Sandilands (#2 in hitouts)
  8. Adelaide - Jacobs
  9. Gold Coast - Witts (#3 in clearances)
  10. Richmond - Nankervis (#1 in kicks and marks, #3 in disposals)
  11. North Melbourne - Goldstein
  12. Carlton - Kreuzer (#2 in tackles)
  13. Essendon - Bellchambers
  14. Hawthorn - McEvoy
  15. Geelong - Stanley (=#3 in goals)
  16. GWS - Lobb
  17. St Kilda - Hickey
  18. Western Bulldogs - Boyd (=#1 in goals)
So I don't think he's quite in All-Australian contention, but am absolutely loving what he's been doing and where he sits on that list.

Gawn is the best ruck in the country by a street so while I love what Sinclair’s done this year I fear the Melbourne game later in the season.

Anyone else reckon Sinclair didn’t actually stage? Looked like he just got caught off balance. Obviously nothing in the hit, but his attention was elsewhere and when your centre of gravity is high it’s easy to be knocked off balance unless you’re bracing. Have seen much worse go unpunished.

Only a $1000 fine so not a huge deal. But a bit rough on old Sinkers I think.

Anyone else reckon Sinclair didn’t actually stage? Looked like he just got caught off balance. Obviously nothing in the hit, but his attention was elsewhere and when your centre of gravity is high it’s easy to be knocked off balance unless you’re bracing. Have seen much worse go unpunished.

Only a $1000 fine so not a huge deal. But a bit rough on old Sinkers I think.
He deserved it
It's a bad look
Got off cheap

He deserved it
It's a bad look
Got off cheap

Agree with that, however I still say it should have been 50m. Sinclair had marked and was walking back towards his mark when the player came towards him to make contact.

That is over the mark/inside protected zone and a 50m penalty.

Agree with that, however I still say it should have been 50m. Sinclair had marked and was walking back towards his mark when the player came towards him to make contact.

That is over the mark/inside protected zone and a 50m penalty.

You could be right, hadn't thought of that

Sinclair's hit out stats are misleading because they mostly go to the opposition. This was really evident against Carlton in the first quarter. After that I think he realised he needed to compensate with his work around the ground. Full marks to him, no-one in the team tries Harder.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back