The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just try to watch the non super teams. Like I enjoy watching the 76ers, the Bucks, the Pels etc...
I kind of get that but the league itself is more appealing to watch when you don’t know which two teams will make the finals.

Would also help if the Bulls got their s**t together...

Yeah I too like watching the bucks and 76ers but in the end you already know who is gonna contend and who isn’t, GSW looked shaky at times this season but everyone knew come crunch time they would get the results.

Jatz when the USGA last year said they'd be looking to make the US Open harder (winner was -16 last year) they weren't lying.
Only 1 player in the red and +8 makes the cut.

Way it should be imo, a major should be much more testing than normal tournaments.

Jatz when the USGA last year said they'd be looking to make the US Open harder (winner was -16 last year) they weren't lying.
Only 1 player in the red and +8 makes the cut.

Way it should be imo, a major should be much more testing than normal tournaments.
How amazing has that been to watch! Followed the Mickelson/Speith/McIllroy group go around. It’s great watching them challenged on a course.

I kind of get that but the league itself is more appealing to watch when you don’t know which two teams will make the finals.

Would also help if the Bulls got their s**t together...
Yeah it is frustrating always knowing who will make the finals. That will look to change this offseason though as LeBron is going to leave Cleveland. Plus Boston with Hayward and Kyrie back are strong favourites to come out of the East next season.

Of course GSW will be there. But wherever LeBron goes, it can shake up the league a little. Also PG and Kawhi are on the move.

As for the Bulls. We've blown it up. The upcoming draft is huge for us. Im hoping Michael Porter Jr slides to us but I cant see it. Whoever we pick, hopefully they have an impact and can continue to develop with Markkanen.

If the Lakers can get PG, LeBroom and Kahwi and somehow keep Kuzma and Hart, they will win the finals next year imo
Nah, you still need shooters. Kawhi, PG and LBJ are all ok shooters. Not elite like KD, Steph and Klay. Plus do LA keep Ball in that situation. He's not great and cant shoot so you cant have him on the floor if you're taking the ball out of his hands and into LBJ's.

Plus all of Kawhi, PG and LBJ are kinda the same player. I still like GSW or Houston to beat LA.

Nah, you still need shooters. Kawhi, PG and LBJ are all ok shooters. Not elite like KD, Steph and Klay. Plus do LA keep Ball in that situation. He's not great and cant shoot so you cant have him on the floor if you're taking the ball out of his hands and into LBJ's.

Plus all of Kawhi, PG and LBJ are kinda the same player. I still like GSW or Houston to beat LA.
Kuzma and Hart are good 3 point shooters as is PG.

Kawhi is the best 2 way player in the game. PG is clutch. I like there chances.

No way they keep Ball.

My slow watch through of the Marvel movies continued tonight with Captain America: The First Avenger. Went into it with a bit of a negative attitude, just thought he was supposed to be the pin up boy for marvel (similar to Superman). Was very pleasantly surprised, very entertaining. Hugo Weaving was brilliant as always.

My current order of the films I’ve seen:

Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor

Have liked most of them so far. Thought Thor was the least enjoyable of the lot so far. Iron Man still the best.
Watched The Avengers last night. That was absolutely fantastic. Loved it throughout. Goes to the top of the list.

The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: The First Avenger
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Thor

Iron Man 3 up next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the course of the season yes. But once playoffs roll around it's great
Disagree with that as well. How many series upsets were there over the playoffs?

The Cavs/Celts would have been the best series. Apart from that, the Cavs Pacers went the distance but wasn't due to great basketball, the Rockets Warriors had potential until CP3 went down.

The finals themselves were just further proof the whole thing is pointless at the moment.

Disagree with that as well. How many series upsets were there over the playoffs?

The Cavs/Celts would have been the best series. Apart from that, the Cavs Pacers went the distance but wasn't due to great basketball, the Rockets Warriors had potential until CP3 went down.

The finals themselves were just further proof the whole thing is pointless at the moment.
Yeah this year was a mess. But multiple super teams would be worth watching

How amazing has that been to watch! Followed the Mickelson/Speith/McIllroy group go around. It’s great watching them challenged on a course.
Zach Johnson whinging like a bitch that the course was set too hard and winning came down to luck more so than skill.

I enjoyed seeing the winner over par. US courses are too easy, they pump the greens full of water to make them receptive and easy to get the ball near the flag. A major should be a real test.

Phil lucky not to be DQ’d. Said he did it as he didn’t want to go back and forth. He did it to avoid going off the green. Nothing more than exploiting the rules.

SEN this morning had Bob Murphy on it coming up with some good English pub names with a bit more of an Aussie twang to it. Pretty funny topic thought it'd be interesting to see what we could come up with here.

- The Flaming Galah
- The Hands in the Back
- Ye old Rusty Doorknob
- The Bull's Spectacles
- Joe the Goose Tavern

MJs ownership of the Hornets has to be factored into the goat discussion.

Was at a trivia night on Tuesday with a question about MJ - the two clubs he had played for and the club he owned. As a complete guess said the Hornets because they're a team I like. Was very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back