List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a crock of shite
The story could also be written "GWS could be smart by extending his contract this year" but that would not appeal to the Victorian troglodites.

What a crock of shite
The story could also be written "GWS could be smart by extending his contract this year" but that would not appeal to the Victorian troglodites.
Would love that to happen but then poor Kelly gets hammered.

I'm sure theres plenty of clubs with off contract stars for 2018. Annoy them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I can actually see Kelly moving on if we don't at least make at least a prelim again during his current contract. but IMO Dylan is a giant for life has had the chance to move on, possibly with more reason previously than now and elected to stay, he wants to part of this clubs history, a bit like Toby. Kellys next contact will be HUGE regardless of which club he signs for.

Hey guys was just wondering if we are gonna see much of Brett Daniels this year?
Have to think probably not a lot, given how the team lists have panned out to date. Leon seems to really like a 3 tall forward line, and rewards consistent effort from the small/mediums - so even though Dan Lloyd & Sam Reid might seem like they're not really first grade standard, they keep getting the nod. On top of that, Langdon has seized his early chance (by not being injured) and with Toby still to come back, without more injuries I suspect Brent may have a further wait. It did take him a bit to get going in NEAFL after his pre-season injury, but if he keeps up the good form it will put pressure on to be named in case of any injuries or suspensions. (Don't think he'll replace Jezza, if that's what you're thinking.)

What's everyone's thoughts on these trade Shiel a year early rumours?

Are Coniglio and Kelly higher priority signings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup and probably not. The notion we would voluntarily push Shiel onto the trade table is about as likey as the club announcing the AFL is too hard and we'll go back to the NEAFL. If he wants to go at the end of next year he can, but very unlikely on his past choices.
Essentially Cogs and Kelly would be similar. Not this year but of the three Kelly the biggest risk is my guess. But we offerred him the vice captaincy for a reason.

Nuffie press.

The usual bullshit

Shiel is up for trade every 2 years supposedly.

Since all our stars are signed for this year, a nice change, the media are now starting on our 2019 signings.

Vfl clickbate media

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think all the non vic clubs will have articles written and there is worse about Cerra at the Dockers being written but I am not sure if it has any truth and if it is viable but for first round pick players coming out of their first or second contract cannot nominate a club or some process to ensure an equal value is payed by the club would be a better idea

Have any posters looked at this years draft and what players could be an option for the clubs first pick?
I think an outside/HB player could be an option or another small forward option but I think Walker and Peatling from the academy could play that role
I like the sound of Bailey Smith but he is possibly a top 5 pick so it would be a stretch

Have any posters looked at this years draft and what players could be an option for the clubs first pick?
I think an outside/HB player could be an option or another small forward option but I think Walker and Peatling from the academy could play that role
I like the sound of Bailey Smith but he is possibly a top 5 pick so it would be a stretch

Depending on who leaves and whether that gives us a high pick or collateral Rankine is a class above, an extraordinary talent who showed a glimpse today but believe me he was going half pace.

Adelaide will be trying to package up picks to get up high enough for him but if I was the recruitment manager for the Giants he would be the kid I would target.

Briggs looks really interesting and hopefully a bid for him comes below our first selection. He is more physical than Flynn and looks more ready made although most rucks are a 3-5 year investment in time.

Depending on who leaves and whether that gives us a high pick or collateral Rankine is a class above, an extraordinary talent who showed a glimpse today but believe me he was going half pace.

Adelaide will be trying to package up picks to get up high enough for him but if I was the recruitment manager for the Giants he would be the kid I would target.

Briggs looks really interesting and hopefully a bid for him comes below our first selection. He is more physical than Flynn and looks more ready made although most rucks are a 3-5 year investment in time.

A ruck is a need and for next year I could see Briggs selected on the main list and try and rookie Richards or someone mature
I would like to see the club try and move up the draft but it depends on who would be interested in trading down as the top 10 are looking really good, I would like to see if the club does manage to move up the draft they look at Bailey Smith

A ruck is a need and for next year I could see Briggs selected on the main list and try and rookie Richards or someone mature
I would like to see the club try and move up the draft but it depends on who would be interested in trading down as the top 10 are looking really good, I would like to see if the club does manage to move up the draft they look at Bailey Smith

It will really depend on whether something unexpected happens and one of our guns is traded out as I think otherwise clubs will be reluctant to give up early picks. I’m a fraction disappointed we didn’t put more focus on picks in this draft as it has been mooted as a super draft for ages but that said I think the team picked pretty well last year.

Last year the kid to pick was Jaidyn Stephenson...he was a class above and has proven that this year and will be the best player from that draft. This year it’s Rankine. Unlike last year there is more concentrated talent in the top 30 this year but he is the one I reckon. My mates that are recruiters reckon he is half taking the piss with what he has shown, the kid played SANFL as a 16yo....an extraordinary young player and difference maker.

I really think you guys should be targetting Sean Darcy from Freo. Young ruckman who debuted last year for them and played in the same way as mumford did by being aggressive and throwing his weight around. Has been out this year with a PCL
I'd love Darcy but I'd imagine Freo will do everything they can to hold onto him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back