Injury Nic Naitanui confirmed ACL reconstruction

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder how the players will react. Will they lose faith or will it galvanise them?

I really hope the players look at what attributes he brought to the team (besides the obvious tap work mastery) and try to all lift 10% in that regard.

Yeo is the one guy I see as being able to replace some of that cat-like attack on the loose ball, and the 1%ers that help turn contests our way.

When Gardiner did his knee in 2003, Cox was thrust into the number 1 role and went on to 6 All Australians
Repeat dat dere history God
So we snare Dean Cox back from Sydney and bring him out of retirement? Sounds good.

I wonder how the players will react. Will they lose faith or will it galvanise them?

I really hope the players look at what attributes he brought to the team (besides the obvious tap work mastery) and try to all lift 10% in that regard.

Yeo is the one guy I see as being able to replace some of that cat-like attack on the loose ball, and the 1%ers that help turn contests our way.
Hutchings. Serious leader and clutch player.

This is where Liam Ryan lights it up and lifts everyones spirit. With our fwd structure back he really can be the X factor we need to win flag. Believe that.

wonder how the players will react. Will they lose faith or will it galvanise them?
After the initial shock and sad red, I’m of the belief this will galvanise the playing group.

Plus, the need to rewatch the footage of how Scott towelled up an AA calibre ruck and feed of that.

We got this

I have no words. What a devestating turn of events, no one deserves this, least of all Nic.

We need to get around him. Win the flag to honour what he's already brought to the team this season, then back up again next year with him playing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do it for Nic Nat. Do it.

So I have a confession...

Already being in Melbourne for the weekend, I got tickets to go see us play Collingwood. It was the first Eagles game I'd gone to since Hawthorn at Subi in 2016... the game Nic did his other knee. I'm not particularly superstitious, but I can't shake the thought. It'll be watching from home for me from now on until after Nic retires I guess, which is hopefully a few years away yet.

Already being in Melbourne for the weekend, I got tickets to go see us play Collingwood. It was the first Eagles game I'd gone to since Hawthorn at Subi in 2016... the game Nic did his other knee. I'm not particularly superstitious, but I can't shake the thought. It'll be watching from home for me from now on until after Nic retires I guess, which is hopefully a few years away yet.
61208932.jpg

You’re an absolute monster.

Bake him away, toys!

It's unfortunate for Nic, but I really can't see all that much of a change in how the season progresses from here on out. His absence shouldn't make that much of a difference as to whether or not we can win a flag without him. I'd prefer JK and JD out there than Nic Nat.

What can you say. Just devastating in every level. I can’t imagine what Nic is feeling or thinking right now. The character and strength that he has shown over the last few years has been enormous and he is going to need to draw on every bit of it for the time ahead. I know he will get through this. And I know our club will get through this. I am so angry! Nic doesn’t deserve this. Our club doesn’t deserve this. We are on a journey though. What this team has given me as a supporter this year is something so unexpected. We have a real chance, I truly believe that. And if we somehow, manage to get to and salute on that day, well the tears will flow I’m not ashamed to say! Because Nic will be one of the reasons for it. Love you Nic. Love this club. Go Eagles ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back