Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He basically said we were a less desirable destination club than Hawthorn. That's a back handed attack on our club as many here think the wees and poos are just that!
He said that if his career goes another 6 years he’d weigh up the odds. The odds are that they win a flag every 4 or so years for almost the last 60 years, that’s freakish s**t.
They might not win another for 50 yers who knows? But we mightn’t either.
And even if he outright had come out and said Hawthorn are a better destination club so ******* what? Deserved more mature and reasoned responses than he got.
If I were a player I’d even be wondering “ s**t... I wonder if I missed the boat at Richmond?” These are the types of things that enter people’s minds and fair enough.

Do you think there is any possibility that a player might also think that? Even just a 1% chance.

If you don't think it's possible you're a liar or naive.

He got asked a question and answered it honestly. No one should be told to piss off for that. How thin skinned are the people on here?

How about we all get over it now and move on.
I didn't tell him to piss off. Why don't you reply to those that did? I said his reasoning was flawed. Of course you can praise other teams but this is a Richmond supporter board. If you want to say Lynch would be better off going to another team, you should be man enough to cop the criticism. He can fight his own battles. Either that or post these opinions on other teams boards or even on the thread about opposition teams. We can also state our opinions on others opinions here without ex mods throwing their insignificant weight around. Why don't you read EXACTLY what I said before you blow hot air all over the place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He said that if his career goes another 6 years he’d weigh up the odds. The odds are that they win a flag every 4 or so years for almost the last 60 years, that’s freakish s**t.
They might not win another for 50 yers who knows? But we mightn’t either.
And even if he outright had come out and said Hawthorn are a better destination club so ******* what? Deserved more mature and reasoned responses than he got.
If I were a player I’d even be wondering “ s**t... I wonder if I missed the boat at Richmond?” These are the types of things that enter people’s minds and fair enough.
So bloody what? In the whole history of the VFL/AFL Carlton have won the most premierships and thus have won more per unit time than any other team. Do you think that's freakish s**t too? On that logic he should go to Carlton.
That's what I was arguing. Past performance has little to do with future performance. Present performance is a better indicator and presently we are ahead of Hawthorn. There is no indicator he missed the boat at Richmond. It's not like our age profile indicates that. And that is a fact.

A lot of the cheer squad leaders of Today are the same ones who will absolutely crack it and be unreasonable against Richmond when it turns the other way again one day.
No balance.
Hope they aren’t surfers!
Those twin imposters, success & failure.
As I see it, most clubs will have long periods without premiership success and Richmond and Hawthorn may well be two of them.
Drafts, salary caps, inequity in fixturing, AFL/Media meddling and luck will all play a part.
The advantage for both clubs is that they are BOTH extremely well run, play at the MCG and have strong memberships. Richmond are in the strongest position they have been in, probably for ever.
Taking off my Yellow & Black specs for a moment I would say that Richmond, Hawthorn and Collingwood are the most attractive Victorian destinations at the present moment as all have something to offer, different strokes for different folks.
Loving where we are at these days but footy is such a volatile industry.

Pass it around.
InfatuatedDiscreteIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

If this actually happens, our spine in 2019 is so sexy that it may even get micropenis71 over 2.5cms

Astbury
Rance
Cotchin/Dusty
Riewoldt
Lynch

SSSCCHHHWWWINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I didn't tell him to piss off. Why don't you reply to those that did? I said his reasoning was flawed. Of course you can praise other teams but this is a Richmond supporter board. If you want to say Lynch would be better off going to another team, you should be man enough to cop the criticism. He can fight his own battles. Either that or post these opinions on other teams boards or even on the thread about opposition teams. We can also state our opinions on others opinions here without ex mods throwing their insignificant weight around. Why don't you read EXACTLY what I said before you blow hot air all over the place?

Mate get over it....no one wants to read this dribble.

If this actually happens, our spine in 2019 is so sexy that it may even get micropenis71 over 2.5cms

Astbury
Rance
Cotchin/Dusty
Riewoldt
Lynch

SSSCCHHHWWWINNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Those four key pillars of Astbury, Rance, Riewoldt and Lynch would be the best in the AFL.

Astbury not as glorified as the rest but has turned into a gun defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back