Racing January Daily Punt - It's Magic (Millions) You Know

Remove this Banner Ad

$51 o_O

I know you can't reveal your trusty source but what's the line of thinking behind this one?

Been told it will run well today. Had a tough run 3w facing the breeze and given no hope last start yet only finished 2l from the winner.

A quieter run today and extra 200m suits

Note that the fav in this race lost to a 40-1 shot last start.

Gosford Gold Cup shapes as an interesting betting race today and I have massive knocks on all the favored runners:

Satano Rasen - 2 moderate runs and 6 awful ones in Oz 2nd
Sir Plush - hardly screams the tough hardy horse looking for 2100 1st
Roman Son - lengths better wet - big risk at $3 dry 4th

Given that I'm happy to nibble at the $13 SINGING as a first up 9yo - would could possibly go wrong!

Actually think ISAURIAN should be the shortest Godolphin runner in the TT so happy to take him over $4 too

Nailed it :thumbsu:

Jeez Gary Harley is painful to listen to
They should make a talking Gary Harley doll

Complete with three catchphrases

"I've gotta go with the favourite here!"
"The favourite looks good in the yard Gav!"
"Gav, the favourite is the favourite for a reason!"

They should make a talking Gary Harley doll

Complete with three catchphrases

"I've gotta go with the favourite here!"
"The favourite looks good in the yard Gav!"
"Gav, the favourite is the favourite for a reason!"
Don’t forget the timeless classic

“Who ate my lunch”

Had this argument with a campaigner at the office recently
According to him we’re better infrastructure wise compared to QLD who “have 2 tracks literally across the road and 1 of which has bled money for the last 2 years....”

Said I was a fool for preferring we’d kept Vic Park

He’s a “special” kind of punter though, called him out on bullshit many times, would be a candidate for the old Tab Characters thread...would go eg. “hey VLM I won $250 on Hartnell on Saturday, and check out this multi..”

At which point I see on his phone as he shows me resulted bets he really won $52 on Hartnell :think:

Back on subject, it makes my blood boil! So much talent here and it’s all been allowed to drift away thanks to the ineptness of the SAJC

I reckon everyone's office has one of these! We've got a fella that refers to Winx as "he". Also reckons Winx is going to win the Everest.
Whenever you tip him a horse he responds with "What's it out of?"

Vic Park should have been kept. You're right, we are the greatest producers of talent considering our population yet the government gives us nothing. What is Racing SA going to do about the Government's decision? Haven't heard a thing from them on the issue.

I reckon everyone's office has one of these! We've got a fella that refers to Winx as "he". Also reckons Winx is going to win the Everest.
Whenever you tip him a horse he responds with "What's it out of?"

Vic Park should have been kept. You're right, we are the greatest producers of talent considering our population yet the government gives us nothing. What is Racing SA going to do about the Government's decision? Haven't heard a thing from them on the issue.
This is Racing SA trying to find their way out of the mess
44C4F813-740F-49E3-A245-F8641F2ECFF3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling the All Star Mile is going to be a bit of a farce. Horses like Urban Ruler are going to get voted in and the wild cards will end up being the really good horses. Horses like Tom Melbourne and Hellova Street seem like certain runners. A horse like Amphetrite might not get a run even if shes deserving which is a shame as i think shes going to be an excellent miler .

Paris assured me Galaxy Star couldn’t make the field, so safe assuming material man who she beat for fun won’t make it.

Correct - I'd be surprised if it got a start but who knows how the voting will turn out.

Urban Ruler sure to attract plenty of votes from the owners I'd fap too crowd.

I get the feeling the All Star Mile is going to be a bit of a farce. Horses like Urban Ruler are going to get voted in and the wild cards will end up being the really good horses. Horses like Tom Melbourne and Hellova Street seem like certain runners. A horse like Amphetrite might not get a run even if shes deserving which is a shame as i think shes going to be an excellent miler .
And why would those horses that you mentioned get voted in over Group1 horses?

i'm still fairly confident the field will be a reasonable representation of good horses with some hype 3yo's gaining advantage of the around the mark consistent types. singular state horses will also be pumped up a little at expense of no nonsense vic horses.

how i feel the voting will end up plus wild cards then almosts

The Autumn Sun
Happy Clapper
Hartnell
Ringerdingding
Alizee
Shilelagh
Extra Brut
Tom Melbourne
D'argento
Te Akau Shark
-
Fifty Stars
Shoals
Vega magic
Le Romain
-
Material Man
Melody Belle
Amphitrite
I am a star

some early back pedaling. i miss the days where GS couldn't get in if it won the railway by 6.

??? God you are a flog - how is it back pedalling? GS isn't even nommed and you yourself have said MM will be lucky to scrape in

how i feel the voting will end up plus wild cards then almosts

The Autumn Sun
Happy Clapper
Hartnell
Ringerdingding
Alizee
Shilelagh
Extra Brut
Tom Melbourne
D'argento
Te Akau Shark
-
Fifty Stars
Shoals
Vega magic
Le Romain
-
Material Man
Melody Belle
Amphitrite
I am a star

I feel that one of RV's wildcards would be given to team Lloyd and his seven runners. I'd also expect Grunt to be on the shortlist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back