2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Mumford was suspended by GWS for 2 matches so if he gets suspended for his strike on the trial game today by the AFL - does it count towards those first two games?
It adds onto his 2 games.

"Although his two-match ban to start the year was a club-imposed suspension, the League has also confirmed that a further on-field punishment cannot be served concurrently.

It would mean that any potential suspension following the incident involving Hewett would add to the two games he is already set to miss to open the year."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02...ctice-match-but-is-he-in-match-review-trouble

Can anyone shed some light on why they think Adams is such a good pick? Seems almost all on this board are bullish on him. Can certainly see an argument for him being underpriced. And definitely see him as more chance to be a super premo compared with the rest in his price bracket.

If it helps you to know, I for one don't see the appeal of Adams when there is great value elsewhere.

If it helps you to know, I for one don't see the appeal of Adams when there is great value elsewhere.
Lots of value in the mids this year. And defence. Probably the first year I can remember in quite some time where most bigfooty punters are going to have wildly differing teams

Lots of value in the mids this year. And defence. Probably the first year I can remember in quite some time where most bigfooty punters are going to have wildly differing teams
Great call this. There’s so many ways to go about it this year. I’ve seem defences running 3-4 premos and a mid pricer, others running 2-2-2. Midfield is similar, a lot of value but some opting to pay up for 2-3 big dogs. R2 is throwing up heaps of options also. It’s fascinating

Great call this. There’s so many ways to go about it this year. I’ve seem defences running 3-4 premos and a mid pricer, others running 2-2-2. Midfield is similar, a lot of value but some opting to pay up for 2-3 big dogs. R2 is throwing up heaps of options also. It’s fascinating
Love it. Looking forward to seeing what strategy ends up being the best in the end as it’s anyones guess currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many people are going with Macrae?

Iv got him and keep looking to trade him but just cant justify it. He went 190 in his last game with his 3 lowest scores last year being and injury affected 44, 79 & 99.
He's in my side - i've got Lloyd, Macrae, Grundy and Danger - confident they'll be the top of each line.

Here are the stats for today's match Sydney vs GWS...

View attachment 623992
View attachment 623994

Thought mills was a bit low for someone with 8 tackles and 23 disposals. Should be 93 instead of 85, which is pretty good.

9 x 3 = 27
14 x 2 = 28
4 x 3 = 12
8 x 4 = 32 (looks like it was multiplied by 3 instead of 4, making it 24 instead of 32)
2 x -3

Total = 93

On another note, Taranto is a beast! Watched the second half and he was a class above everyone else on the field

I'm in the minority that thinks he's either plateaued or will drop in price. But we'll see

It's possible he could have plateaued, but I see his potential downside as less than Laird or Whitfield. And thats not saying that all 3 won't be in the top 3 defenders. I also think that drawing any conclusions about the effect of new rules is dangerous when looking at teams fielding half strength sides. The options for a quick kick in, for example, may not have presented as readily with the rookies playing.

The thing that interested me watching about a quarter and a half of the Swans v Giants (other than there is no reason to select any Swan in supercoach as the ball handling was awful) was that there didn't seem to be as much space in general play as I was expecting.

Remember that the cheaper rucks don't have to score as high to increase value. I started with Lycett last year and it was relatively straight forward to upgrade him to Grundy by the time the byes came around.

The traditional set and forget is Grundy and Gawn, but I think there is too much uncertainty around Gawn playing forward to start him at his price. The decision to go with Goldstein/Jacobs comes down to whether or not you believe they can stay at R2 all year. If so, then they are value. I can't see them doing well enough, so I can't justify spending that much on a non-keeper.
Definitely. I started with Sinclair because he was a solo ruck and was one of my best picks.

With the injury to Longer, maybe Pierce will be okay. One problem potentially, of course, is what do you do with 319K if he's dropped or injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Back