Strategy 2023 Fantasy Planning Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact same structure as my main build (Docherty down to Dawson and then Daicos to Brayshaw only main difference in structure) - with a lot of the same players, haha (premos and some rooks still open for discussion)

DEF: Sam Docherty, Nick Daicos, Jack Bowes, Connor McKenna, Reuben Ginbey, Campbell Chesser, (Darcy Wilmot, Josh Fahey)

MID: Andrew Brayshaw, Touk Miller, Jack Macrae, Darcy Parish, Tom Mitchell, Will Ashcroft, George Wardlaw, Cam Mackenzie, (W. Phillips, Joe Richards)

RUC: Rowan Marshall, Darcy Cameron, (Toby Conway)

FWD: Josh Dunkley, Stephen Coniglio, Tim Taranto, Connor Rozee, Harry Sheezel, Josh Sinn, (Luke Pedlar, Jacob Van Rooyen)

INT: Charlie Comben
As an early Janury team I am a big fan of this.

Lol Warnie still being a smartass to people when asked when it's going to launch...he really is the worst.

Last day of early Jan today and crickets. Gonna have to change their little thing on the AFL preview articles to 'with Fantasy launching in late Jan', soon.

Lol Warnie still being a smartass to people when asked when it's going to launch...he really is the worst.

Last day of early Jan today and crickets. Gonna have to change their little thing on the AFL preview articles to 'with Fantasy launching in late Jan', soon.
I reckon Warnie copped more s**t than the actual web developers. They are probably laughing in a corner somewhere

It almost seems like they are delaying the opening until after they have done all club preview videos.

Bastards should just drop them all in one day. Spreading them out actually makes me want to listen less you dimwits.

I honestly get the feeling that they don't know when it will release - as even Selby has no idea, and he's pretty in the know.

It would be fine if they would just say that, and admit there's technical issues...but instead they lambast the general public (particularly Warnie), and make out like we're being unreasonable for continously asking where it is - when they themselves said pre Christmas and then early Jan - and have not lived up to either of those dates.

It's not unreasonable to ask what's happening, when it constantly gets delayed, it's verging on a month later than SC - and there's complete crickets about what/why the rollout has no actual planned start date.

Warnie's attitude just makes it that much worse.

I honestly get the feeling that they don't know when it will release - as even Selby has no idea, and he's pretty in the know.

It would be fine if they would just say that, and admit there's technical issues...but instead they lambast the general public (particularly Warnie), and make out like we're being unreasonable for continously asking where it is - when they themselves said pre Christmas and then early Jan - and have not lived up to either of those dates.

It's not unreasonable to ask what's happening, when it constantly gets delayed, it's verging on a month later than SC - and there's complete crickets about what/why the rollout has no actual planned start date.

Warnie's attitude just makes it that much worse.
As much as i love the banter they bring to the table sometimes they just piss me off mainly Warnie as he is the one who blocked me on twitter for asking a perfectly normal question:D.

Wouldn't surprise me if somehow the web dev team ****ed something up so bad it didn't know how to fix it(like me and my team every year) though hence the delay.

As much as i love the banter they bring to the table sometimes they just piss me off mainly Warnie as he is the one who blocked me on twitter for asking a perfectly normal question:D.

Wouldn't surprise me if somehow the web dev team ****ed something up so bad it didn't know how to fix it(like me and my team every year) though hence the delay.

Selby mentioned something about implementing NFT in his podcast, but not sure if that's speculation or not. If this is all over paying for a fantasy subscription with crypto/trying to implement some sort of digital collectables, I think most of the fantasy community would lose their minds, haha

Selby mentioned something about implementing NFT in his podcast, but not sure if that's speculation or not. If this is all over paying for a fantasy subscription with crypto, I think most of the fantasy community would lose their minds, haha
I like Selby but if he or any of the Traders/Fantasy people have anything to do with the scam that is NFT's i will put them on permanent ignore.

Lol that’s a spectacular misreading of the room if they’re having anything to do with NFTs. The entire crypto community is reeling at the moment. If you were going to try and get in on the hype surely you’d have done it this time last year, not now.

And I say this as somebody who actually understands and believes in some of the technology that underpins crypto. NFTs are (and always were) absolute worthless junk even at the height of the craze.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selby mentioned something about implementing NFT in his podcast, but not sure if that's speculation or not. If this is all over paying for a fantasy subscription with crypto/trying to implement some sort of digital collectables, I think most of the fantasy community would lose their minds, haha
Be Media by Animoca Brands closes AFL metaverse deal - AdNews

This is the NFT thing. I don't think it has anything to do with fantasy per-se, however before Christmas Warnie said, and i believe there were some articles, about Fantasy launching with a new single sign on secure account for all AFL content. I assume that maybe part of that single sign on account is in connection with the ability to buy and hold NFTs and perhaps like NFT avatars and stuff - so i suspect implementing that is the hold up, rather than the Fantasy itself. And while they aren't inherently linked, I guess given you'll have a single account for all your AFL content - NF stuff may creep in through your general account (i.e avatars).

Be Media by Animoca Brands closes AFL metaverse deal - AdNews

This is the NFT thing. I don't think it has anything to do with fantasy per-se, however before Christmas Warnie said, and i believe there were some articles, about Fantasy launching with a new single sign on secure account for all AFL content. I assume that maybe part of that single sign on account is in connection with the ability to buy and hold NFTs and perhaps like NFT avatars and stuff - so i suspect implementing that is the hold up, rather than the Fantasy itself. And while they aren't inherently linked, I guess given you'll have a single account for all your AFL content - NF stuff may creep in through your general account (i.e avatars).

This is what I was worried about. It's a very slippery slope once this stuff becomes more commonplace.

Perhaps next year it then becomes: 'oh for just 99 cents you can customize your personalized avatar.' Then the following year: for just 1.99 you can have them wearing your team's jersey. Then after that: 'you can design a custom avatar that looks like you, and pick yourself as the coach to be placed on field, for just 9.99 a year. And so on and so forth.

All of a sudden, a free game is polluted by digital currency in the form of NFT's and microtransactions, and our game is basically the same as Besthesda, EA, Activision etc.

Makes me sick that they'd even consider this route - but the AFL is a profit at all costs organization, so can't say I'm the least surprised thay their little 'cash cows' in the Traders, would spruik it and get on board so the money train keeps on rolling.

This is what I was worried about. It's a very slippery slope once this stuff becomes more commonplace.

Perhaps next year it then becomes: 'oh for just 99 cents you can customize your personalized avatar.' Then the following year: for just 1.99 you can have them wearing your team's jersey. Then after that: 'you can design a custom avatar that looks like you, and pick yourself as the coach to be placed on field, for just 9.99 a year. And so on and so forth.

All of a sudden, a free game is polluted by digital currency in the form of NFT's and microtransactions, and our game is basically the same as Besthesda, EA, Activision etc.

Makes me sick that they'd even consider this route - but the AFL is a profit at all costs organization, so can't say I'm the least surprised thay their little 'cash cows' in the Traders, would spruik it and get on board so the money train keeps on rolling.
Don’t by so cynical shadow. One day soon you might be able to pay the low low price of 8000 Dustycoins to have your team mentioned on the traders podcast!

Don’t by so cynical shadow. One day soon you might be able to pay the low low price of 8000 Dustycoins to have your team mentioned on the traders podcast!
I wouldn't pay 1000,000000000000000 (Dangercoins thank you very much - I paid 19.99 to get the personalized name change :tearsofjoy:) to be mentioned on their ridiculous show, lmao

I don't listen at all to them ....and I'll listen to most things Fantasy

To me, they're just spruikers of the format .....hardly knowledgeable

It almost seems like they are delaying the opening until after they have done all club preview videos.

Bastards should just drop them all in one day. Spreading them out actually makes me want to listen less you dimwits.
I would bank on the opposite being true.
In that they know its not open for another 3 weeks so they're padding what little content they have over as long as possible to stop the uprising.

Apparently they are trying to integrate into one app the fantasy/tipping and a whole new thing but you know

It's interesting to see a lot of people on Taranto, only one Richmond midfielder since they entered their prime averaged over 100. So is Taranto really that much of a generational player he will break their system and score over 100. So that leaves 5 points on the bone for him, compared to Rozee 12 points, DC 19 points

Are you better going Cogs/Dunks + Rozze/DC

The other interesting one is Titchell

Only one player Crisp (mainly helped by his first half of the year) went over 90 in McRae new style of football. Also worth noting the only team that had a bigger points regression is Adelaide. So can you expect him to break the system and do a Laird

If Mitchell cared about mature bodies he wouldn't have shipped off OMeara and Mitchell and if he thought Worpel was in his plans, he would have played him more and in more favourable roles last year. I am not high on Worpel at all this year - and this is coming from someone who has him in Dynasty so i really need him to do well.
I think you might be right.
I heard a bit on worpel in the most recent point of difference podcast.
Something along the lines of Worpel seagulling for a cheap sideways possession instead of running forward to be at the next contest.
And Mitchell flamed him for it. Never been back to the middle since and given defensive duties/tagging roles etc.

Who's to say he's ever going to be back in the middle and if he does, it might not be a lucrative role anway.

Still a watchlist for me though. Too cheap to ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back