Preview Today!!! Rd 1v Freo at Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He chases people and does a few hard tackles a game. All small forwards do that nowadays, except the others kick goals and touch the footy. Kayne’s endeavour can’t be questioned but he really needs to kick some goals.
Atley has him covered in all aspects mentioned. Turner is listed as above average for pressure acts, but not sure what other aspects he would be average or above in. That said, he is playing and I hope he turns it on. Think though with a few quiet weeks he will be on the outs.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He chases people and does a few hard tackles a game. All small forwards do that nowadays, except the others kick goals and touch the footy. Kayne’s endeavour can’t be questioned but he really needs to kick some goals.
Take a guess how many goals he kicked last year. dont look it up, just take a stab.

Turner was awarded "Shinboner of the Year" on last year which I assume is the equivalent to the coaches award. Therefore he's the favourite and ain't getting dropped.

Like the dissenters I didn't like his statistical output last year (effort good though). Based on that I wouldn't have picked him in the starting 18 (maybe bench). Then again, what the hell do I know? I haven't seen any preseason training and he seemed fine in the JLT.

He ultimately got picked to wear the blue and white so I'll back him in and wish him the best. I think criticisers are going way too early considering a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet.

Turner was awarded "Shinboner of the Year" on last year which I assume is the equivalent to the coaches award. Therefore he's the favourite and ain't getting dropped.

Like the dissenters I didn't like his statistical output last year (effort good though). Based on that I wouldn't have picked him in the starting 18 (maybe bench). Then again, what the hell do I know? I haven't seen any preseason training and he seemed fine in the JLT.

He ultimately got picked to wear the blue and white so I'll back him in and wish him the best. I think criticisers are going way too early considering a ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet.
To be honest i'm more annoyed at the coach picking underperforming players. Turner played 22 games last year.

You could get a VFL player to do the pressure acts as his primary role the way Turner played last year.
I guess we expect a bit more then that.

My guess is, that this is part of his development.
This year will be the year where he adds to his pressure act role and produces some great goals.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

There's one thing that keeps bugging me... 6 new faces.

I can't recall any team doing very well after introducing so many in one hit... will we be able to get past this?
5 new faces at most. TT won't play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why Pittard gets a game so soon, he didn't show all that much in the JLT to be a best 18 walk up start for round 1. I'd rather Jmac replaces him in the back 6 so that both Tyson and LDU can play.
Jasper sh*ts all over the potato field that is our encumbent back six and should be the first name on the teamsheet.
Lmac: turnover and HTB merchant
Marley: headless chicken
J Mac: turnstile tackler
Taz: Flog
EVW

Jasper sh*ts all over the potato field that is our encumbent back six and should be the first name on the teamsheet.
Lmac: turnover and HTB merchant
Marley: headless chicken
J Mac: turnstile tackler
Taz: Flog
EVW

well you got 2 right, i'll even give you partial on the Marley one, but Taz a flog? What did i miss? or is this some friday afternoon trolling?

We are taking the piss if we play anyone over LDU and Ahern

I couldn't give a **** whether its a experienced recruit, I am so sick to death of that kind of mentality. They are our future and not playing them is only going to have a negative impact on our player development

I can tell I am going to be furious come our selection. Cant say I am surprised though lol

I couldn't give a **** whether its a experienced recruit, I am so sick to death of that kind of mentality. They are our future and not playing them is only going to have a negative impact on our player development

I can tell I am going to be furious come our selection. Cant say I am surprised though lol
I'm not rusted on to LDU playing. If he does, it is great for his development and we will find out quickly if he is ready to take the next step. If not, we have experienced recruits who play his position already well and LDU can hone his craft in the scoobs, and hopefully get some numbers like what we saw when he was a junior. I think Ahern will play.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm all for playing LDU as he's shown enough and his top end adds an element that will benefit our midfield but to say "not playing them is only going to have a negative impact on our player development" is utter crap. It is actually possible to develop in the seconds. It's not like its lunchtime kick to kick.

I'm all for playing LDU as he's shown enough and his top end adds an element that will benefit our midfield but to say "not playing them is only going to have a negative impact on our player development" is utter crap. It is actually possible to develop in the seconds. It's not like its lunchtime kick to kick.

Yeah I agree we can develop players in the VFL but for how long? Another few years while Tyson gets his spot? That imo is having a negative impact on players development

We are known to take our sweet ass time on developing players in the VFL

Maybe I am being overly impatient haha ;)

Big difference between saying that a player might not be a walk up start and writing them off completely.

Really? I'd be very surprised. I think he's less likely than TT to play this game. I still think he might get games this year with injuries to certain players. Strikes me that he does what he's asked to do by the coaching staff and when they ask him to. You never know - he might find it slightly easier in a (theoretically) less congested game in 2019. His physicality has never been a strength and a bit more space might help him, has neat disposal. Devil's Advocate and all.
Hrovat is a gun....With our new look stellar midfield he will run riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back