Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If only he'd said "I'm going to Collingwood to lose grand finals both as a player AND as a coach"
"He stressed his burning ambition to play finals and play in the AFL heartland of Melbourne were crucial considerations. "
He kind of did :D Maybe he should have specified winning premierships rather than just play in finals .... whether it is playing or coaching it seems the football gods are ensuring he "plays" but not "wins" :D

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-05-29/how-bucks-went-from-a-bear-to-a-magpie

"He stressed his burning ambition to play finals and play in the AFL heartland of Melbourne were crucial considerations. "
He kind of did :D Maybe he should have specified winning premierships rather than just play in finals .... whether it is playing or coaching it seems the football gods are ensuring he "plays" but not "wins" :D

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-05-29/how-bucks-went-from-a-bear-to-a-magpie

Playing in Melbourne made him a huge celebrity. If we didn't have success I'm not sure Voss would have got the media opportunities he did post footy.

One very very happy Mr MM in this house atm...

....his Saints won and are top of the ladder

....sitting at the computer right now playing his Beatles songs and singing at the top of his voice in the most god awful voice, and going through his winning videos of backed horses.

Puts a smile on my face, bless him.:hearts:

Thank you Saints

Will be watching the GC Crows game intently (with a slight cheering for gold coast). Now I have never been one for supporting other clubs very much been a neautral for every other game but I enjoyed last weeks win (gc win) against carlton. Jumped off the couch even as that last goal went through. I am a lion through and through but today I'll be cheering on the suns.

Has a team ever overachieved as much as the Bulldogs did when they won the premiership?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Petrevski-Seton having a breakout game v the Dogs? 25 disposals, 9 contested, 6 marks just before half-time.

Shaping up nicely for his inevitable move to his beloved Lions.

Beveridge is such a weird coach. Doesn't rate rucks- leaves a beanpole to get smashed every week. Doesn't rate key position players- can't kick a score or stop opposition kpps. Constantly rotates his oversupply of midfielders into positions they don't excel in. Dunkley- chf/backup ruckman, McLean and Wallis (I think he did us a favour by re-signing) as small forwards. They've never been a good goal kicking side even on that run in 2016 either, that's no coincidence.

Beveridge is such a weird coach. Doesn't rate rucks- leaves a beanpole to get smashed every week. Doesn't rate key position players- can't kick a score or stop opposition kpps. Constantly rotates his oversupply of midfielders into positions they don't excel in. Dunkley- chf/backup ruckman, McLean and Wallis (I think he did us a favour by re-signing) as small forwards. They've never been a good goal kicking side even on that run in 2016 either, that's no coincidence.

To be fair they've traded in a couple of high profile forwards Schache and Boyd,but sadly they're spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back