Preview Geelong vs Hawthorn, Easter Monday 5th April, 3:20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron said at a pre match function on Fri night he’s very hopeful of playing this Monday.

He said on K-Rock pregame that he was a ‘very slim’ chance of playing Easter Monday but that hopefully he’d be right for the following. Didn’t even sound like a certainty for that one.

He said on K-Rock pregame that he was a ‘very slim’ chance of playing Easter Monday but that hopefully he’d be right for the following. Didn’t even sound like a certainty for that one.

Well when he announced it, it made a fairly ordinary entree taste a bit better..

Jenkins can take a mark and kick a goal when he has a decent height mismatch and that's why he's a passable 3rd tall. So yes he could potentially get off the chain and kick 4 against a defender 3 inches shorter than him but why would we bother? He's a player who we know will only perform at the level in a structure we'll never replicate
I don't think we are traveling all that great, 4 points up for grabs do your best to take them.

Krueger won’t play
He doesn’t even get named emergency
Hes that far behind others it’s not even funny
The time it will take him to get into the frame SDK likely puts on the muscle required to be picked ahead of him.
Always a worry when a player gets switched to the other end in the reserves. Didn't cut it as a forward so let's try him down back is their thinking.

We did the same with Gardner but in reverse and he never played.

I liked how O'Connor handled Neale so I'm hoping he gets the job on Mitchell.

Given Mitchell had some of the worst metres gained stats despite his touches, do you reckon he's worth a tag?

I suppose it depends on if you believe in the "some touches aren't that damaging" school of thought/whether "metres gained" matters

I'm a bit on the fence. I'd love to see O'Connor do it to someone this week though

O'Connor to Mitchell? Does lightning strike twice? Will be a close game as we are not really playing that well.
Forwards need to step up to help Hawkins!
I think sending MOC to the oppos best mid is a great idea even if we're not that concerned about them. I really liked his midfield work and tagging good players means learning from them. Some more of this and he could be leading the next generation of mids in 2-3 years.

If a kid is performing at the level and developing from the experience then surely you keep playing them there until they either stop performing or stop developing

Given Mitchell had some if the worst metres gained stats despite his touches, do you reckon he's worth a tag?

I suppose it depends on if you believe in the "some touches aren't that damaging" school of thought.

I'm a bit on the fence. I'd love to see O'Connor do it to someone this week though
I think we just pick their best player and tell him to blanket them. He will develop some serious skills.

Mitchell's disposals might be of questionable value but there is a lesson in gaining contested possession that would be great for MOC to learn. Maybe don't do it all game, I'm happy just to have him be a midfielder most of the match.

I think we just pick their best player and tell him to blanket them. He will develop some serious skills.

Mitchell's disposals might be of questionable value but there is a lesson in gaining contested possession that would be great for MOC to learn. Maybe don't do it all game, I'm happy just to have him be a midfielder most of the match.

Yeah, that's a fair comment. You're right - even if the disposals aren't "damaging" at least it's a lesson in finding the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of posters need to attend vfl matches before they recommend team changes, we should only elevate players who perform at vfl level.

I think a lot of posters need to attend vfl matches before they recommend team changes, we should only elevate players who perform at vfl level.
You mean I shouldn't keep asking for my favourite player who may be underperforming at VFL to be elevated?

😉

Given Mitchell had some of the worst metres gained stats despite his touches, do you reckon he's worth a tag?

I suppose it depends on if you believe in the "some touches aren't that damaging" school of thought/whether "metres gained" matters

could be a job for Jenkins then

:p

I would be ok with these changes. Would be great to get Holmes in there but probably getting good development in VFL

In: Duncan Menegola

Out: Rohan Dahl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only infraction came from someone reporting me for doing just that a few years ago, when I didn't even know what a swear filter was, and used ** instead.
I still don't know how it works, and have always tried to avoid swearing wherever possible, though sometimes it's the only way to convey just how you feel.

But I will say that swearing, and its regularity, seem to have increased and be tolerated here more freely here over the years.

I remember my old mate Turbocat sending me a calmly worded PM quite a few years back advising me not to try to dodge the filter - seem to recall I was discussing Dermott Brereton at the time!

Not being negative - but just giving my honest view

Geelong are just going at the moment and thats all - got a pretty weak team at present with all the unavailable players

Watched a fair bit of the Rich v Haw game - Tigers were too good - like all top sides over the years Rich have just got too many good players on every line - thats why they are so hard to beat - and in my opinion should be $2 for the flag - and every other side should be upwards of $10 because they are not much good - none of them are up to Richmonds standard

Cant believe the odds on offer for this game - given the available players each team has got $1.26 Geel $3.80 Haw - that is utter nonsense - that is based on Geel finishing 2nd last year - not the current Cats outfit . I have actually had a small bet on the $3.80 on offer for Haw

I think it is an even money contest - i think if Haw play like they did against Rich - i think that is good enough to beat this current Geel outfit

Honest opinion ( given what i have seen in the past 2 weeks ) - this is going to be a very frustrating Geel Loss

Hawthorn by 20 pts - i think they will actually lead all day
Totally agree, as I did with your comments before the Adelaide game.
We are missing 7 from the 2020 GF team, and at least 8 of our best 22. Over 1/3 of our team. We are , as you say, only just going, and being 21 points up at 3Q time was creditable.
Hawks look young and quick and hungry, and impressed v Tigers.

We're not but if we're walking out of a game and Jenkins was the difference in winning then we're wasting our time in 2021
Until we get back all our guns, beggars can't be choosers. We are not that deep.

Jenkins is too slow. With Hawkins already up forward, we are best to bring in Narkle for Rohan and play Stanley the second tall forward with Blicavs/Stanley rucking throughout.

Smith has been our best (or most consistent) player in both games so far while Tuohy was excellent on the other wing in rd2. Menegola will have to be shifted back into the middle when he returns.
Could be a tough season for him. Make or break as he had a quiet finish to 2020 and was not convincing in round 1 either.

Wouldn’t be surprised if you were right and we see Henry playing a forward role
I do think there will be one more change and that will be either Close or Jarvis come in.
It’s just trying figure out who comes out

I would be ok with these changes. Would be great to get Holmes in there but probably getting good development in VFL

In: Duncan Menegola

Out: Rohan Dahl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back