Review Round 4, 2021 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Ladhams might have been keen to show that he deserved to be back in the team with Marshall going out, but he barely fired a shot. 7 disposals and 5 hit outs. Pretty disappointed in his game. He’s out of the side next week for sure after that.

Thought the tackling pressure from both sides was good, particularly from our perspective in the second half. Everyone has been raving about free-flowing footy this season and there were definitely more than a few instances of that when we got caught out following a turnover but for the most part that immense pressure was still there. Think people underestimate the effect that had on player's decision making and skills at the ground. The atmosphere was tense as ****.

And yet if he got the same protection and Riewolt and Lynch and was allowed to same pushes in the back he would have kicked 5+

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
This is bs. This guy gets the most free passes on this board. I’m not sure exactly what the expectations on Charlie are but it’s not what he’s delivered so far. Seems like he’s living off the fumes of the 2017 elimination final on here.

Imagine being a Richmond supporter and feeling like you were hard done by in losing that. We should've put them away by 5 goals halfway through the second quarter, 90% of their scores came from our turnovers - if we had tightened up our kicking it would've been a smashing. And that's not even mentioning having Rozee on one leg for the entire game, Butters out for the last quarter, Duursma out for the last 5 minutes; Lycett, Fantasia and Jonas all hobbling at points throughout the game. But yeah Robbie Gray deliberate I guess, robbed them of a deserved win. Carn.

It was really just Port vs What Happen Power tonight. Clear areas to improve in moving forward but confident we can compete with the best at our best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is bs. This guy gets the most free passes on this board. I’m not sure exactly what the expectations on Charlie are but it’s not what he’s delivered so far. Seems like he’s living off the fumes of the 2017 elimination final on here.
Give me a ******* break. He was the All-Australian CHF last year, so that shuts the bullshit statement down that he's living off the fumes of the 2017 Elimination Final.

He's had a bad game last week, not surprising as the delivery was s**t, and the midfield was throttled. This week he wasn't great but he brings a contest, draws defenders, and opens up space for others. If he had decent support instead of what Ladhams showed tonight, like what Mitch provided, and Marshall brings when he's in form Charlie becomes even more dangerous.

He will come good and the goals and marks will come. If he keeps doing the team things the rewards will come. That's why he's rated so highly, cause of what he brings to the side.

The youngsters showed that they are the ones with the composure.

Sure Robbie iced a great goal but he missed 2 earlier too.

Duursma, Butters, Rozzee, Houston, Burton showed that they are the ones with the composure under pressure that can take us to the promised land

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Brilliant isn't it? These kiddies are really showing that they have what it takes - they're leading the way!

I thought Harlett taking that shot from outside 50 was him seeing if his career was over or not. Never looked to pass, had not made good contact all season. Nailed it and then seem to grow into the game. Might be life in him yet.

Our kicking out of defense is diabolical, especially from behinds. We often kick to the wrong side of our bigs and often 5 meters too shallow. If our player is on his opponents right shoulder, kick it to the right of him. Our forwards need to be 5 meters closer as well.

I do wonder if the HFF is a black hole or I'm missing something. Ebo last year, Duurs to start this year and Drew tonight. They have all fluctuated between invisible and ineffective.

A lot to like and a lot to learn from tonight. Hopefully we can continue with our midfield intensity but improve out set shots at goal. We should be tough to beat if we can get that in order.

Give me a ******* break. He was the All-Australian CHF last year, so that shuts the bullshit statement down that he's living off the fumes of the 2017 Elimination Final.

He's had a bad game last week, not surprising as the delivery was sh*t, and the midfield was throttled. This week he wasn't great but he brings a contest, draws defenders, and opens up space for others. If he had decent support instead of what Ladhams showed tonight, like what Mitch provided, and Marshall brings when he's in form Charlie becomes even more dangerous.

He will come good and the goals and marks will come. If he keeps doing the team things the rewards will come. That's why he's rated so highly, cause of what he brings to the side.

If Taylor Walker can look like Wayne Carey after being invisible for two seasons then I'll back Charlie to get back to his best sooner rather than later

Right now though his biggest contribution is taking the best defender

I thought Harlett taking that shot from outside 50 was him seeing if his career was over or not. Never looked to pass, had not made good contact all season. Nailed it and then seem to grow into the game. Might be life in him yet.

Our kicking out of defense is diabolical, especially from behinds. We often kick to the wrong side of our bigs and often 5 meters too shallow. If our player is on his opponents right shoulder, kick it to the right of him. Our forwards need to be 5 meters closer as well.

I do wonder if the HFF is a black hole or I'm missing something. Ebo last year, Duurs to start this year and Drew tonight. They have all fluctuated between invisible and ineffective.

A lot to like and a lot to learn from tonight. Hopefully we can continue with our midfield intensity but improve out set shots at goal. We should be tough to beat if we can get that in order.

The biggest issue with our kickouts from defensive 50 is that we continually put it down the throat of the opposition ruckman. Think I counted 5 time tonight we put it into the lap of Nankervis. It’s like we look for the tallest opposition player we can and go straight for them 9/10 times and rinse and repeat from defence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back