List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia would be a great get for the Suns, but it would be crap for Talia. He doesn't deserve that.

I actually think Talia to the Bulldogs would make more sense, especially if they fall short this year. Being uncontracted makes it difficult for us to get much value for him though.

Talia for Lipinski could work for both (we probably add a later pick to balance it out). But do we need him or is he another Hately type?
Highly doubt he'd go to the bulldogs. Bit of bad blood there.

"STAR CROW’S FUTURE UNCERTAIN … BUT HE’D SUIT THE SUNS

Adelaide legend and football director Mark Ricciuto has cast doubt over whether dual All-Australian Daniel Talia will be at the Crows next year.

Asked on Triple M Adelaide whether Talia would be back at the Crows in 2022, Ricciuto said: “I’m not sure. We’ll see how his foot comes up.

“He’s uncontracted.”

Former Crows forward Andrew Jarman said Talia would be a great fit at the Gold Coast Suns.

“They need senior players. They don’t need any more young players,” Jarman told Triple M Adelaide.

“Daniel Talia would be the first one on my list.”

Interesting.
Roo certainly has a way with words. 🙄

To be fair..how many of the GC boys have kicked on. There is a fair argument to say the development of players there is not what it should be
Yep, absolutely true.

There's a fair bit of blame to go round at the Suns.

2/5 of fu** all in a system that burns elite talent

I wouldn't be writing him off just yet, the kid as elite talent

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
True - but this is a critical period in his development. You can't assume he can be rescued at another club.

Like I've said before not all of Talia, Lynch, Mackay, and Tex can be on our list in 2022. You can make a case to keep all but it would be setting us up for too many retirements in 12 months and terrible list Management. Especially when guys like Sloane, Seedsman and Smith could be in the window to go at the end of 2023.

Despite their service at least one has to go.

Like I've said before not all of Talia, Lynch, Mackay, and Tex can be on our list in 2022. You can make a case to keep all but it would be setting us up for too many retirements in 12 months and terrible list Management. Especially when guys like Sloane, Seedsman and Smith could be in the window to go at the end of 2023.

The problem is that out of those, only Tex and Talia would have any currency, and even then it is very limited.

Lynch is the one who should go. Playing him in our team in 2022 would be a disaster in terms of our development moving forwards. We simply don't need him.
Tex should play on, with one year contracts.
Mackay should be in the SANFL or retired.
Talia I'd be happy to keep as his leadership and ability to teach the young defenders would be really valuable. As I said though, he is the only one we can let go that we might get something back for.

The problem is that out of those, only Tex and Talia would have any currency, and even then it is very limited.

Lynch is the one who should go. Playing him in our team in 2022 would be a disaster in terms of our development moving forwards. We simply don't need him.
Talia I'd be happy to keep as his leadership and ability to teach the young defenders would be really valuable. As I said though, he is the only one we can let go that we might get something back for.
Agree with all of this.

I don't think we should trade for Rankine

He's proven nothing

We should only trade for players who are proven stars.

Also we shouldn't pay too much for them.

Targeting the cheap, proven stars is smart business

He's proven nothing

You actually think you can find a proven star who is cheap??
Pray tell, who would that be?

He's proven nothing

Cheap proven stars?

If that's the business you want to be in I suspect not a lot of business will cross your desk mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least one???..

geezus... if mackay is there next year the club needs to be folded up and the *in licence handed back.

lynch is cooked.. get rid of him.

keeping Talia would be detrimental to the future.. if we have talia on the list next year the morons will definately select him over butts or Mcasey and that does nothing but slow the rebuild.

at a minimum two need to go and thats mackay and Lynch.. talia also moving on would not hurt.

And Tex aint going anywhere.

You actually think you can find a proven star who is cheap??
Pray tell, who would that be?
Cheap proven stars?

If that's the business you want to be in I suspect not a lot of business will cross your desk mate.
Wait... you mean cheap, proven stars are impossible to find and you'd have to be unbelievably stupid to believe this was possible?

So writing off players for reasons such as unproven and/or too expensive is the height of idiocy and no rational person could possibly think in this way?

Hmmm... you make some good points

Wait... you mean cheap, proven stars are impossible to find and you'd have to be unbelievably stupid to believe this was possible?

So writing off players for reasons such as unproven and/or too expensive is the height of idiocy and no rational person could possibly think in this way?

Hmmm... you make some good points
Yep, happy to admit I missed a fairly obvious slab of sarcasm on that one. Nobody's perfect

Play on!

Mackay should replace Wright who will retire from SANFL

He's proven nothing

Can you drop a few names in regards to these “cheap proven stars”.. might be interesting reading.

if Rankine want home at the end of the year and selects the crows as his destination we’d be stupid not to grab him.

he hasnt shown a lot yet but he’d still be in the side as a small forward over Newchurch, Rowe, Murphy etc everyday of the week.

and his potential is light years ahead of any of those names above.

he’s still only young.. his first season was destroyed due to injury.. last year was a shitshow and if the rumours are true that he aint happy and wants out then that would be having an effect on this years showings..

I reacon you get him home, back to his family and girlfriend (who I think is still living in Adelaide), give him a fresh start at a club that has a team of youngsters that really seemed to be happy and reponding well to the current coaching staff.. and the real Rankine wont take long to emerge..

He's proven nothing

I probably wouldn't trade for him this year, given we need mids and we should get a good one this year, I'd be using our next years first to try and shake Hollands out after one year. They have salary cap issues and can't keep them all, release that pressure now for them and give them something decent for him.

Then when Rankine comes out of contract 's**t out of luck boys, no more firsts, there are no more first here boys, we do have a second but". We need rolled gold in the middle and we can bank it in this draft

Back