Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said multiple times the govt have given up, which is why we have a mockdown now.
Lockdown 6 was a mockdown from the start. The settings he had in place were for an alpha outbreak. He refused to move with the delta times, because of his hubris. He's a megalomaniac who thought he knew all the answers, just like last year when he floated National Cabinet, just like when he thought he could manage hotel quarantine, just like when he thought postcode lockdowns would contain a virus. Worst premier in the nation by a country mile. The best thing he can do for Victorians is to stop daily press conferences, stop reporting daily cases, and as you've suggested, resign before ethe next election.

Lockdown 6 was a mockdown from the start. The settings he had in place were for an alpha outbreak. He refused to move with the delta times, because of his hubris. He's a megalomaniac who thought he knew all the answers, just like last year when he floated National Cabinet, just like when he thought he could manage hotel quarantine, just like when he thought postcode lockdowns would contain a virus. Worst premier in the nation by a country mile. The best thing he can do for Victorians is to stop daily press conferences, stop reporting daily cases, and as you've suggested, resign before ethe next election.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed
The facts are that all states handled alpha better than Andrews did.

We can wait 2 weeks until Victoria’s numbers are at or beyond NSW’s numbers for clear evidence that all other states handled Delta better than Andrews.

The only way to prevent that is to prevent / minimise spread amongst those that have COVID. Andrews has shown he has not had the mental fortitude to shut down construction and the north or the west.

he's got many issues, but he's not a meglomanic

he wouldnt have been scomo's fanboi in the NC if that was the case

if you want meglomaniacs, look at Putin and Xi. Australia has never been governed at any level by a megalomaniac (and that includes Joh)

The facts are that all states handled alpha better than Andrews did.

We can wait 2 weeks until Victoria’s numbers are at or beyond NSW’s numbers for clear evidence that all other states handled Delta better than Andrews.

The only way to prevent that is to prevent / minimise spread amongst those that have COVID. Andrews has shown he has not had the mental fortitude to shut down construction and the north or the west.

just gut, no evidence, but i think something is going on here (and its not just delta)

recent weeks have had an explosion of cases in logistics and construction. not sure if its because they are mostly young people (so its social factors driving the spread), or workplaces are cutting corners on standards. until recently these two werent just rocking low numbers - it was pretty much donuts (i know some in the logistics biz are in genuine shock about whats going on)

I have not seen evidence that convinces me of need for boosters unless immune suppressed. I am aware it is the recommendation but I think it is less important than getting everyone covered.
The data coming out of Israel seems pretty compelling

1631398656568.png

Isreal started giving 3rd dose for the over 60's at the start of August

No Vaccine - 160 serious covid cases per 100,000.
2 Dose - 40 serious covid cases per 100,000 (75% reduction).
3 Dose - 5 serious covid cases per 100,000 (97% reduction vs No Vaccine and 88% reduction vs 2 Dose).

1631399607555.png

The fatality data is even more compelling.

Last edited:
The data coming out of Israel seems pretty compelling

View attachment 1233635

Isreal started giving 3rd dose for the over 60's at the start of August

No Vaccine - 160 serious covid cases per 100,000.
2 Dose - 40 serious covid cases per 100,000 (75% reduction).
3 Dose - 5 serious covid cases per 100,000 (97% reduction vs No Vaccine and 88% reduction vs 2 Dose).
So booster for over 60 may have role. Not the same as USA booster for all recommendations. I also see the difference between no vaccination and normal (no booster) much larger than vaccination and booster- which means for me priority is vaccination of all before booster

So booster for over 60 may have role. Not the same as USA booster for all recommendations. I also see the difference between no vaccination and normal (no booster) much larger than vaccination and booster- which means for me priority is vaccination of all before booster

its the weighted risk though. our boosters would be (at this stage) for 1a primarily, so its back to that question - do we prioritize slowing spread or protecting the more vulnerable

its the weighted risk though. our boosters would be (at this stage) for 1a primarily, so its back to that question - do we prioritize slowing spread or protecting the more vulnerable
1a is a mixture- some older but also health care , hotel quarantine etc. id still slow spread first and if vaccination demand is falling then open up for boosters but not have them required as part of vaccination passport

1a is a mixture- some older but also health care , hotel quarantine etc. id still slow spread first and if vaccination demand is falling then open up for boosters but not have them required as part of vaccination passport

I count frontline as protecting the vulnerable because thats who they interact with daily

also as we saw in china, italy, and the USA, if things get ugly its front line workers who die from this

fwiw im still not convinced we will have a passport soon. multiple people have now hacked the vaccine cert, and that has to be locked down imo before the state apps can be relied upon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1631400167103.png

Isreal has started giving booster shooters for the under 60, and there also appears to a clear benefit but the roll-out to the under 60's is far less advanced.

By Mid-October, supply should start to exceed demand. By this point everyone that wants a first dose should have been able to get one and demand for second doses will be limited by the dosing interval. The plan should be to immediately commence roll-out of a 3rd dose to the over 60's and people who work in high risk industries (Health Care and Aged Care) once we get to this point.

Dan has clearly lost the battle on the virus and current lockdown, which is understandable, we've been on/ off lockdowns since March 2020 with only a short reprieve between late last year/ early this year (having sporadic lockdowns in-between).

Desperately needs to show his plan 'out of this' beyond 70-80% vaccination.

Apparently the plan is a few weeks overdue but on its way Ned reckons.

I guess Andrews is finding it hard to produce a plan which doesn’t put his political career first.

It will need to be out soon or the public will do their own thing. Dangling pissy carrots like an extra hour of exercise or another 5km of movement isn't going to cut it.

The simple fact is that NSW have a plan and Vic doesn't.

It will need to be out soon or the public will do their own thing. Dangling pissy carrots like an extra hour of exercise or another 5km of movement isn't going to cut it.

Especially given how stupid an extra hour of exercise really is. Who the * actually polices that?

Ohh, which local area is vaccinated more, who’s better? Lol

? it could simply be a result of the outer suburbs having a younger demographic and therefore less access to vaccines.

but it may also show how important vaccination is and where resources need to be directed

Hope it’s better then the current plan which involves, inter alia, allowing hotspots which require tighter policing to carry on like covid free areas and allowing construction to continue to operate despite being identified as an industry contributing to the spread. In the meantime, fully vaccinated people like me in covid free areas who have complied with his rules must continue to serve time (pretty much 18 months and counting).

Dont care what it is.. just wanna know roughly what 80% and 90% first dose might look like. And also what 60-70-80% double dose looks like. Extra exercise outside, more numbers at construction and more kms to move around isn’t going to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back