Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SO will you get the AZ then?
A question for you. I have a vac hesitant son, 18 year old (he is leaning towards AZ over Pfizer if he gets it). I see you have your kids booked which is great. If Pfizer was not available for your kids for a while longer and AZ was, would you go down the AZ path with them? (not being a smart ass...just getting as much info as I can for our chats with my kid). He had pneumonia 4 times in first year of life so I imagine there would be scaring on his lungs.

A question for you. I have a vac hesitant son, 18 year old (he is leaning towards AZ over Pfizer if he gets it). I see you have your kids booked which is great. If Pfizer was not available for your kids for a while longer and AZ was, would you go down the AZ path with them?
Yes I would, but AFAIK AZ is not available for 12 - 15 year olds.
I was actually a little disappointed to be randomised to pfizer when I got vaccinated, because I had more understanding of how AZ worked (in terms of less novel technique), and I had heard of the anaphylaxis issues with pfizer and the increased SE for second dose. This was before the clot issues became known with AZ, however there are also increased myocarditis issues with pfizer in younger males (from that Guardian article and what UK are choosing to do)

So why did I decide to go ahead - its primarily because I am frontline health care so am likely to eventually have some slip up in my PPE and bring it home.

For tips to getting the vaccine for a 12 - 15 year old, I used the online portal, just registered in the name of the child and it was very easy. Some I think get spooked by the direction "if you are booking for someone else you need to call up" which is painful being on hold.

Its kind of like: "Its 1 million to 1 that the vaccine will cause me harm, but its 1 thousand to 1 I'll get ill if I get covid, gee I like them odds, I'll take Covid everyday"
But that’s not what it is, now is it?

It’s more like 1 thousand to 1 Covid will make me seriously ill (if I’m relatively young and healthy) and about 5 to 1 the AZ will cause in me a quite severe, if temporary, flu like reaction.

Its kind of like: "Its 1 million to 1 that the vaccine will cause me harm, but its 1 thousand to 1 I'll get ill if I get covid, gee I like them odds, I'll take Covid everyday"
well, i suppose hes thinking the odds of him getting covid are 1000/1 then getting really sick is another 1000/1 so the odds would work out being equivalent.
of course once covid is really endemic, i think the odds of getting covid will fall to 100/1 (about 60000 total cases in Melbourne) which would put safety balance in favor of vaccine.

well, i suppose hes thinking the odds of him getting covid are 1000/1 then getting really sick is another 1000/1 so the odds would work out being equivalent.
of course once covid is really endemic, i think the odds of getting covid will fall to 100/1 (about 60000 total cases in Melbourne) which would put safety balance in favor of vaccine.

Whilst also excusing himself from social responsibility.

Parasite.

is it 16% severe reaction? The Lancet puts severe reaction at around 1%

Oxford–AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine efficacy - The Lancet

The doctor at my first dose said there was a 1 in 5 chance I'd experience "some discomfort" following the vaccination.

I was as sick as I've ever been for 48 hours from about 9 hours after. The symptoms were as extreme as they were when I had pneumonia a couple of years ago. That's my "quite severe" measurement.

In the 3 months since, anecdotally, I would estimate about 1 in 3 of my contemporaries have experienced "similar" results.

At my second dose last week, my doctor confirmed that that was what she had meant by "some discomfort".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The doctor at my first dose said there was a 1 in 5 chance I'd experience "some discomfort" following the vaccination.

I was as sick as I've ever been for 48 hours from about 9 hours after. The symptoms were as extreme as they were when I had pneumonia a couple of years ago. That's my "quite severe" measurement.

In the 3 months since, anecdotally, I would estimate about 1 in 3 of my contemporaries have experienced "similar" results.

At my second dose last week, my doctor confirmed that that was what she had meant by "some discomfort".

Scott Morrison is a comorbidity, you were lucky to pull through.

Scott Morrison is a comorbidity, you were lucky to pull through.

You are that obsessed with me that you'd post that to get my attention?

Seriously. Join a chess club. Something. But you need to develop an interest that isn't obsessively replying to everything to a forum member on the internet.

It's really creepy.

You are that obsessed with me that you'd post that to get my attention?

Seriously. Join a chess club. Something. But you need to develop an interest that isn't obsessively replying to everything to a forum member on the internet.

It's really creepy.

Bit sensitive today are you?

Fair enough; differs from most of the anecdotal from staff I have heard (there was one younger nurse who felt similar). Did the second go better?

Pray more.

If you are not shutting down construction where it is spreading widely then why are other occupations that are less likely to spread it still shutdown?
Ned rejected shutting down construction at the start of this lockdown. He aint going to change his mind no matter how much of the virus spread is coming from construction. He banked his big footy srp status on the call and like a sh*t politcian he aint changing his view.

he mentions children but children arent travelling around the city to spread it to other parts. Construction workers are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back