• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All being said I'm still concerned. 5 first round picks playing ressies. Milera Philly, the Peddle (why, he's not a forward) McAsey and the Fog.

How is winning at the expense of the future worth anything? How is Sam Berry ever in the seniors before the Peddle? McAsey is almost useless, does not much.

But my real concern is the AFL midfield going forward, who is it? Schoers isn't that good, Berry is no where near an A-Grader, Keays and Hately can't kick. So why isn't the Peddle playing in the guts? He's the only one for me that can be a real AFL player at stoppages. Winning is a concern as drafting an A-Grader is a MUST!

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Pedlar isn’t fit enough to play midfield at the AFL level yet. He needs to build up a fitness base.

Pedlar can play across half forward. Has spent time there through his junior career as well as midfield.

It wouldn't be like us trying to shoehorn a pure midfielder in there as we've tried to do with others. He has some forward craft. Might be his best starting point at AFL level

Pedlar can play across half forward. Has spent time there through his junior career as well as midfield.

It wouldn't be like us trying to shoehorn a pure midfielder in there as we've tried to do with others. He has some forward craft. Might be his best starting point at AFL level
History tells us he won’t really hit his straps for at least a couple of years yet.

I remember when when Paddy was OK, but only getting like 15 touches a game (all contested) and we were wondering if he’d ever go to the next level. And then in a couple of years he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will McAsey do in 3 years time do you think?
Probably sent back to Victoria 😂 Nah when I was debating McAsey vs SDK in their draft year I was expecting McAsey to play more senior footy earlier with SDK eventually overtaking him in the years after which reflected in my rankings with SDK ranked higher than most and McAsey lower than most. I wouldn’t be panicking with McAsey yet but if he isn’t starting to knuckle down a senior spot near the end of this year I would start to get a little worried, I also think key defense will be his go long term like it has shown for Paddy McCartin this year.

Last edited:

Lads to keep a very close eye on...Jake Walker is one that really interests me, fairly new to the elite level from Mount Gambier boarding at PAC while playing U18's for Glenelg, apparently he's had his share of injuries in the past but putting together a very impressive body of work thus far this season. big strongly built lad (midfielder) 184cm 85kg with a really nice turn of foot

#7 Jake Walker

Walker would’ve been close to best on ground and was Glenelg’s most productive midfielder on the day. His 33 disposals came from a balanced mix of tough work on the inside and outside accumulation. Walker’s tough frame allowed him to find plenty of the ball at stoppage, where he was able to use his speed and strength to break tackles and accelerate away from the contest. He covered the ground strongly all game, allowing him accumulate the football on the outside and involve himself in much of Glenelg’s ball movement from defence to attack. Finishing with a single goal, Walker also had a long attempt touched on the line and one shot that hit the post. There were a handful of other opportunities for him to hit the scoreboard but he unselfishly distributed to others for higher percentage shots on goal.

#12 Jakob Ryan

Ryan came into the game early with a couple of intercept marks down centre wing, as the opposition attempted to exit their defensive half. His use by foot in the first term was typical of what we’ve come to expect from him as he delivered the ball long and to his teammates’ advantage. Ryan started the second half in the midfield, where he showed clean hands to win the football and distribute to teammates on the outside. His ability to find space and link up by hand was important to the success of his sides ball movement. The extra exposure to the midfield looked to be important for Ryan’s development as he seeks to continue to improve the contested part of his game.

#25 Mattaes Phillipou

Phillipou started the game in great touch, winning the first two centre clearances of the game and finding plenty of the ball at stoppage. When possessions started to dry up for him in the second and third terms, Phillipou sought to use his length and instincts to impact the game defensively, with varying degrees of success. At times, his defensive efforts resulted in free kicks against, but he did have some important touches to slow the opposition’s ball movement. While it wasn’t his most prolific day, Phillipou still showed off his ability at stoppage, winning seven clearances in a solid effort against a deep Glenelg midfield.

#20 Ashton Moir

Moir was lively all game and showed why he is one of the most exciting players in the SANFL U18 competition. Playing predominantly across half forward, Moir showcased plenty of his athleticism throughout as he flew for marks and competed strongly in the air. His first goal came within the first six minutes of the game, after he read the forward entry best and marked directly in front of goal. His second came late in the second term after he pushed free of his opponent to mark relatively uncontested. Moir then produced one of the highlights of the day, kicking his third goal from another set shot – this time from the boundary line, approximately 40m out. Moir’s ability to read the flight of the ball lead to his fourth goal, where he was able to quickly work back to out-mark his opponent just outside the goal square.

Moir showed why he is such a nightmare match up for any defender in the SANFL U18 competition. His ability to get separation on the lead made it near impossible for anyone to deny him the football and when given the chance to fly he marked the ball at the highest point. His speed and evasiveness makes him a headache once the ball comes to ground, where his goal sense and ability to finish on either side of his body makes him a goal scoring threat anywhere inside forward 50. Moir showed plenty of football smarts with a few deft touches by hand to the advantage of his teammates, while his speed and evasiveness enabled him to create time and space for himself to be able to deliver the ball effectively by hand and foot, despite pressure from the opposition.

Scully 202cm, Lemmey 199cm, Thilthorpe 202cm

What are they putting in the water out West?
Harry Barnett 202cm 93kg...will likely lead the SA ruck at the Nationals..

Harry_Barnett.png

Back