Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw the 50 against the Swans that resulted in a Saint goal.
This game is seriously ****ed.
I don’t blame the umpires, this is what they have been told to do.
But interpreting a player running parallel, 10 metres away, to the player with the ball, as encroachment on the restricted area, well thats just plain wrong.
And followed up with a deliberate oob at the other end just minutes later….
I wonder if the AFL understand why the crowds are down? I wonder if the AFL understand why the ratings are down?
I simply cant watch it anymore.
I used to watch 5-6 games a week, now I watch Collingwood on replay and other games at ad breaks while watching better shows and, and, and, NRL.
Killing the game I love.

Just saw the 50 against the Swans that resulted in a Saint goal.
This game is seriously ducked.
I don’t blame the umpires, this is what they have been told to do.
But interpreting a player running parallel, 10 metres away, to the player with the ball, as encroachment on the restricted area, well thats just plain wrong.
And followed up with a deliberate oob at the other end just minutes later….
I wonder if the AFL understand why the crowds are down? I wonder if the AFL understand why the ratings are down?
I simply cant watch it anymore.
I used to watch 5-6 games a week, now I watch Collingwood on replay and other games at ad breaks while watching better shows and, and, and, NRL.
Killing the game I love.
Wait till the rule decides a gf

How many times does it need to be explained that we didn’t pass on Stengle. He was on the Adelaide list and therefore not in the MSD.

We were always linked to him, didn’t say anything about MSD so cool your jets. We did cool on him eventually and we did have a chance if we showed more intent

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we are fighting Richmond for a finals spot most likely.

Saints are shithouse AND have the draw from hell. No chance of finals for them.

It was supposed to be an epic round of football with the top eight sides all playing each other. Only the Geelong Richmond game has proved worthy. For Brisbane Fremantle and StKilda, they were very weak efforts and has shown up their vulnerabilities.

If we can keep winning over the next month or so then anything is possible in September. There are a lot of erratic teams in the top eight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was supposed to be an epic round of football with the top eight sides all playing each other. Only the Geelong Richmond game has proved worthy. For Brisbane Fremantle and StKilda, they were very weak efforts and has shown up their vulnerabilities.

If we can keep winning over the next month or so then anything is possible in September. There are a lot of erratic teams in the top eight.
Agree. The cats v tigers game was a classic, but every other match has been a let down. We have struggled against GWS in recent times so a bit wary of them today.

We were always linked to him, didn’t say anything about MSD so cool your jets. We did cool on him eventually and we did have a chance if we showed more intent

Great - so tell me who we should have overlooked for Stengle?
As for “Cool your Jets”, maybe you should take your own advice especially in game day threads

Last edited:
stengle rejected us bc he wanted to be at geelong with eddie betts
we went for him - to our credit and good judgment

Fair enough but a lot of the talk was Pies related back then

He was a free agent.

He chose Geelong. I think a lot of the talk last year was around the mid season draft when people mistakenly thought he might have been eligible. Hopefully small forward is not a problem for us now.

Great - so tell me who we should have overlooked for Stengle?
As for “Cool your Jets”, maybe you should take your own advice especially in game day threads

Technically.... nobody..pretty sure we went into the season with a slot available. Or the last player picked in the rookie draft whoever he is... maybe Draper

Technically.... nobody..pretty sure we went into the season with a slot available. Or the last player picked in the rookie draft whoever he is... maybe Draper
Dean was the last player picked to fill our poor depth in KPD. It was the right decision given small fwds were covered.
Draper was picked in the National draft.

Did anyone else see the crows player today talking on his phone in the rooms halfway through the game?
Commentators said he must be ringing his family to let them know he’s ok from a head knock.
What’s the rules? Can they use a phone but just not their own?
No one batted an eye lid and obviously there hasn’t been any talk about it since.
When de goey and Howe did it there was instant uproar.

Did anyone else see the crows player today talking on his phone in the rooms halfway through the game?
Commentators said he must be ringing his family to let them know he’s ok from a head knock.
What’s the rules? Can they use a phone but just not their own?
No one batted an eye lid and obviously there hasn’t been any talk about it since.
When de goey and Howe did it there was instant uproar.

Not Collingwood, doesn't matter.

I just watched a replay of the Tom Stewart bump.
How on earth is that graded as careless?
It was as intentional as me typing these words! (in my opinion).
I agree. Maybe they look at player in question and his technique. Poor decision to bump but he didn’t jump off the ground and launch at him, elbow tucked and he isn’t Toby Greene who would get 6-8 weeks. The vision doesn’t look like he set out to hit him in the head but he did and should get 4-5 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back