Unofficial Preview Round 1 Vs Giants - Saturday March 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not give Biggie a go as the second tall forward?
Larkey Zurhaar and Biggie.
I agree, he is not strong enough to play back.
He’s a natural defender
Think maj role from a few years ago as the athletic third tall but obviously with a leaner physique

Who can pinch hit ruck if needed

the northball style will suit him more than most kpd

He’s a natural defender
Think maj role from a few years ago as the athletic third tall but obviously with a leaner physique

Who can pinch hit ruck if needed

the northball style will suit him more than most kpd

NorthBall is going to see us turn the ball over time and time again. I’d actually say it suits guys that can’t defend one on one the least.

NorthBall is going to see us turn the ball over time and time again. I’d actually say it suits guys that can’t defend one on one the least.
Biggie will link going the other way with speed

And be able to cover back faster going third up

The modern prototype athletic tall defender

Fair enough.

The reality is clarko won’t bring in guys that can’t run out the game in round 1.

The fact that Dawson and pink are currently much better defenders than comben is a bonus I guess.
Your points about Dawson and Pink are sound. I hope your head's enjoying that brick wall btw. It's a futile exercise you're engaging in there.

You don't re-sign an injury prone tall for multiple years because you think he'll play magoos for most of the year. Comben is far too talented. He'll probably get injured but all things being equal I'd put money on the club hoping he can still form a tag team with Souv.

That might not be immediate, but even though I agree with you on Comben's defending, you're underselling his worth as a player in your comments

Your points about Dawson and Pink are sound. I hope your head's enjoying that brick wall btw. It's a futile exercise you're engaging in there.

You don't re-sign an injury prone tall for multiple years because you think he'll play magoos for most of the year. Comben is far too talented. He'll probably get injured but all things being equal I'd put money on the club hoping he can still form a tag team with Souv.

That might not be immediate, but even though I agree with you on Comben's defending, you're underselling his worth as a player in your comments

I’m a massive fan of comben and believe his contribution as a forward last year was massively undersold around here. His tackling and aggression were real points of difference and his marking which is very good hadn’t even really got going.

If he stays fit I am 100% convinced he is the man to partner Larkey.

Compared to CCJ, comben is Carey, ccj Evan Hewitt.

Biggy has no physical presence
He actually has negative output because the other blokes know he has no idea
We have seen this before
If he can learn how to handle actually being tackled or like just maybe figuring out what to do to Avoid being caught then give him a game
Otherwise possibly the greatest liability I have seen on a footy field for a few years

I believe that if Chom completed the training this week and plays 4 quarters against the Saints without issue., he will play round 1

Agree that Dawson is a lock, Corr in the same boat as Chom and Pink is a real chance. Agree that Biggie appears a way off but is a point of difference.

The reason I’m bullish on Chom is that he is a different size , a competitive beast and quick. The club has a plan for him and it’s a matter of time.

Thank God we have options this year.

We have a zone defence that folds back don’t we so everyone is a part of it

How well our defence gels with new faces is a big watch but they seems to go ok this far.

Maybe they pull the plug on the Chom in defence experiment earlier rather than later. To be honest, I think a big part of his injuries comes from us just long bombing it forward in the past. He launches at everything.

If we’re hitting up forwards with faster play and getting into space then that should reduce the amount of pack busting he would be doing.

Also think he now has the size to play more ruck with influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they pull the plug on the Chom in defence experiment earlier rather than later. To be honest, I think a big part of his injuries comes from us just long bombing it forward in the past. He launches at everything.

If we’re hitting up forwards with faster play and getting into space then that should reduce the amount of pack busting he would be doing.

Also think he now has the size to play more ruck with influence.

Maybe once his body issues are in his past and he’s got continuity in his AFL level games but I can’t see it being this year.

Personally I can’t see it but swinging him forward when a matchup requires it could be a good thing.

I am biased, as a big fan, but would prefer Eddie Ford to Darcy Tucker on a wing.

From the 23 today
Corr and comben in for pink and Dawson

And if jy isn’t right to play that allows lmac in with a reshuffle
It's always good to read your thoughts, because we know the odds that anyone with even the slightest knowledge in the game will agree with you are greater than the Sun imploding and turning into a Black hole before round 1. :)

I am biased, as a big fan, but would prefer Eddie Ford to Darcy Tucker on a wing.
I would hate for us to leave Ford out if they feel he's ready to go.

well, except it was Pink they had to move when he couldn't hold King.

Pink - 1 mark, 32 metres gained; Nyouan - 6 marks, 264 metres gained
He did more, but I felt mildly more uncomfortable when he was the one in the defensive contest. Both got beaten at times, to be fair. I just see Pink as a more appealing defensive option against big forwards. Biggie can probably duke it out with K Dawson for that spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back