Game Day Round 2, 2024: St.Kilda v Collingwood *SPUD'S GAME* *ROSS 200TH* *BYRNES 50TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's ogg.

Spud's Game

What's this all about?
  • This year we're bringing mental health to the big stage - under the lights at the 'G.
  • We know that mental health doesn't discriminate - 2 in 5 Australians will experience mental ill-health in their lifetime.
  • The work the team at the Danny Frawley Centre is doing is saving lives - but they need your help.
  • A donation made through Spud's Game will go directly to fund the mental fitness programs run at the Danny Frawley Centre, which aims to equip people with the skills needed to tackle life's ups and downs.
  • To donate, or learn more about the Danny Frawley Centre, head to saints.com.au/spud
The Temper Trap
Aussie music heavy weights, The Temper Trap will perform live on the Ponsford Stage at the MCG before the match. Fans are encouraged to arrive early for the bands 7pm performance.

Spud's Game two-minute moment
All 18 clubs, together with the AFL, will unite at the middle of the MCG to bring mental health to the big stage at this year’s Spud’s Game, proudly presented by AIA.

Some of the game’s most legendary faces will take to the centre circle with St Kilda and Collingwood players and officials to observe the traditional Spud’s Game two-minute pre-game moment.

This year's moment will also feature musical guest Pete Murray and respected media personality, AIA Ambassador and good friend of Danny 'Spud' Frawley, Hamish McLachlan

Seb Ross 200 Games
Tonight will mark Seb Ross' 200th AFL game. Proud Horsham product Ross was drafted to the Saints with pick 25 in the 2011 National Draft. Heading into his 13th AFL season, Ross has cemented himself as a respected, reliable and relentless member of the club both on and off the field.

Ross celebrates this milestone as a decorated two-time Trevor Barker Award winner and St Kilda Life member, making him one of the most experienced and seasoned campaigners currently on St Kilda’s list.

A member of the 2024 leadership group, Seb is known as a selfless role player with unwavering dedication to see his team succeed.

Ryan Byrnes 50 Games
Ryan Byrnes will also celebrate a milestone tonight, with the former Sandringham Dragons captain set to play his 50th AFL game.

A versatile and team orientated player, Ryan 'Ronnie' Byrnes joined St Kilda with pick 52 in the 2019 draft and has filled a number of positions over his four seasons at the club. Meaningfully contributing to the team every time he runs out, Byrnes' high footy IQ and quick-thinking makes him a valuable part of the young core at the Saints.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heart says Saints but head says Saints

View attachment 1934218

Oh, to have the luxury. It must be all the sun you get over there. My head and heart have never been reconciled...I blame vitamin D deficiency.
Heart says Saints, head says Pies...and
I just threw up in my mouth a little 🤢

It's 6.45 am.....why do I feel so friggin nervous ???????

I woke up at 4 am.....couldn't get back to sleep.

Am I that much of a welded on Saints tragic.....who possibly needs therapy...... ???????

Absolutely YES.

Bring tonight on....I'm pumped !!!!

I'll be taking my rosery beads tonight just in case........:):) ;)

It's 6.45 am.....why do I feel so friggin nervous ???????

I woke up at 4 am.....couldn't get back to sleep.

Am I that much of a welded on Saints tragic.....who possibly needs therapy...... ???????

Absolutely YES.

Bring tonight on....I'm pumped !!!!

I'll be taking my rosery beads tonight just in case........:):) ;)
if you are anything like me. Your nervous because you have had a Quick Look at the fixture and just realised what a win tonight could set up.

The below is the run to our bye.
Could be 9-5 with a win tonight - and I have us losing to the Giants power Dees and Lions to be conservative.

Pies
Dons
Tigers
Giants (a)
Dogs
Power (a)
North
Hawthorn
Freo
Melbourne
Eagles (a)
Suns
Lions (a)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gringo has us 2-7 and he reads it on an insane level so I'm sticking with his prediction.

To be fair that was playing like last week. If we turn it around there is no reason that we can’t surge but we need to change s**t up. Last week was ugly boring footy.

To be fair that was playing like last week. If we turn it around there is no reason that we can’t surge but we need to change s**t up. Last week was ugly boring footy.
It didn't help that we were playing at a soccer ground in Boganville

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Collingwood are vulnerable but would take a significantly improved performance across the board to win. Crouch was clearly not fit last week but think our midfield, which is already average is significantly worse without him. Surely Owens gets more of a run in there, Jones ain't the answer. Need the new generation to take control of the team, starting with King. No more almost games were you go missing for a quarter, fluff some easy marks and don't take your chances, become the best player in the team and take game by the scruff of the neck and dominate from start to finish. He has the talent to be a Curnow, this is the big stage and now is the time.

Not gonna lie, pretty pessimistic just cant see Collingwood being 0 and 3. Very much hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back