Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the short turnaround & interstate flight for our Rnd 4 match, there's a number of us looking at how we best prepare for both matches and guessing are hoping the club is doing the same

After Monday's match, one could logically conclude that recovery will be more important then full training sessions next week - we play Monday, will have Tue, Wed & Thur for match prep ahead of flying out Friday

So the idea of looking at the potential need for a squad of say 26/27 for these next couple of matches, doesn't seem unreasonable discussion
Zero need for us to worry about the club doing so- they look ahead in several phases.
My error not reading preceding posts in more detail.

Not earlier.

Was mentioning if Stanley was injured… would we play Conway v Hawks (which I think he will play even if Stanley is fit) and then 5 days later v the doggies in SA.

Or… would we play Conway v Hawks and then maybe bring Neale in to spend time in the ruck with Blitz verse a more mobile English.

Just running through potential possibilities.
My error, not following the posts properly.

Aren't we just talking about Monday's game?
OWAAT.

I think it's a worthwhile question.

Next up we have Reeves in a game we should win, then English + Lobb in a game we'll be challenged in.

If Conway can only play one of those games due to fitness then you'd think we choose to send him to Adelaide. Where does that leave us against the Hawks? Neale taking the centre bounce and drifting forward while Cameron roams and Blitz takes back half stoppages?

If Conway can play both it's not even a conversation. But if he can't then the rubber has hit the road on ruck stocks as of Mondays

Next up we have Reeves in a game we should win, then English + Lobb in a game we'll be challenged in.

If Conway can only play one of those games due to fitness then you'd think we choose to send him to Adelaide. Where does that leave us against the Hawks? Neale taking the centre bounce and drifting forward while Cameron roams and Blitz takes back half stoppages?

If Conway can play both it's not even a conversation. But if he can't then the rubber has hit the road on ruck stocks as of Mondays

Don't forget that Lobb was omitted after round 1 - he shared ruck duties with Lachlan Smith in the VFL, but also hit the scoreboard with 4 goals

Be interesting to see if he gets a recall

Don't forget that Lobb was omitted after round 1 - he shared ruck duties with Lachlan Smith in the VFL, but also hit the scoreboard with 4 goals

I had missed this. Either way though, the dogs ruck stocks are a strength compared to us

Im not sure conway has the tank to play both. For me id play him easter monday as i think reeves cant expose him around the ground whereas i think the bulldogs rucks can. So id go conway easter monday and stanley for the bulldogs.

Would still be english and darcy which will challenge us.

Outs: Dangerfield (inj), Stanley (mgr), Knevitt & Mullin (omitted)

Ins: Duncan, Conway, Bowes & Bruhn

If either of Bowes or Bruhn isn't 100%, I'd keep Mullin in - curious to see how he'd go on a field the size of the MCG, especially if we told him to back himself, use his pace and take the game on

Rest Atkins another week - no point taking unnecessary risks at this time of year, especially with a 5-day break to follow this match

Thinking these couple of rounds are when we need to look at a squad over both games

I think parfitt will go out but im not against your team.

I'm actually excited about seeing how the team preforms with no Danger.

Parfitt out we've always known he can get the ball but he generally just slams it on the boot forward, Atkins is a slightly better version of him and more consistent. Not sure about having Parfitt, Atkins and Clarke in the mid together all seem kinda similar not sure about Clarke at this stage just kinda tackles people for now that's okay i guess. Would like to see what Hardie can do on the big stage.

Fun fact for this weekend.

Hawkins in his 350th game needs 2 goals to surpass jack riewoldt on the all time goal kicking list and go into outright 13th place behind Matthew Richardson.

I might be in the minority here, but, if we lose on Easter Monday, I'm not gonna be mad.

Winning that game against all odds, and not just winning but basically dominating most of the game with Atkins, Duncan, Bowes, Bruhn and C. Guthrie missing from our midfield, was just the nicest surprise ever - and a glimpse of the positive future of our kids to come.

The Hawks will be breathing fire, and we might be missing both Danger and Stanley, alongside possible further rests of Bruhn, Bowes and Atkins.

We drop this one, it just means we won the Crows one and dropped the Hawks one, rather than the inverse. I can live with that :)

Im not sure conway has the tank to play both. For me id play him easter monday as i think reeves cant expose him around the ground whereas i think the bulldogs rucks can. So id go conway easter monday and stanley for the bulldogs.
If it is a broken hand though with Stanley wouldn't you then be automatically selecting Neale for the dogs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scotty has a presser this morning so hopefully so additional info on players.

Will be required, lets hope the journos actually ask the questions instead of lobbing softballs to him.
Scotty is very articulate and well spoken but if he can skate around a question to keep cards close to the chest he will.

In saying that, maybe not a bad thing he does that haha

Scotty has a presser this morning so hopefully so additional info on players.
Let's see what we get when we spin the wheel of Scotty

I'm betting "I hope we have everyone available but a lot can change between Thursday and Monday so I'll say we should have [player] right to go knowing that likely could change given the long turn around to the game"

Can't see it being like a battle of old. Their F50 is pretty zippy if wildly inaccurate, we should trounce them, their midfield still finding their way (to be kind) and defence without leadership.
Its one thing to say they intend to bounce back, but poor form, and they need the personnel to do it.
Add to that a bit of off field pressure this week with the racism saga coming to a head.
realistically- No chance Dawks, Catters by a wheelbarrow load for Tom Hawkins.

I might be in the minority here, but, if we lose on Easter Monday, I'm not gonna be mad.

Winning that game against all odds, and not just winning but basically dominating most of the game with Atkins, Duncan, Bowes, Bruhn and C. Guthrie missing from our midfield, was just the nicest surprise ever - and a glimpse of the positive future of our kids to come.

The Hawks will be breathing fire, and we might be missing both Danger and Stanley, alongside possible further rests of Bruhn, Bowes and Atkins.

We drop this one, it just means we won the Crows one and dropped the Hawks one, rather than the inverse. I can live with that :)
I'd be furious what a waste that would be of a good start to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back