Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the biggest fan of Bevo according to a friend on the Doggies VFL list. No idea if he leaves or not but my personal opinion is that it would probably end up a win for the dogs. Star power outweighs his ability imo, refresh the list around Sanders with a few more kids with no baggage.

Hawthorn surely split pick 3-4 (assuming that's where they finish) and trade one of the later first rounders for Baz. I can't imagine they're trading a top 5 pick in a swap.

Let me guess... walk him to thr PSD.

If you're offering that kind of money you're offering something of substance
Just doesn’t make sense for them to burn a top 6 pick on a bloke who is quite “meh” who is coming off an ACL when they’re rebuilding and have holes all over the place.

Hawthorn surely split pick 3-4 (assuming that's where they finish) and trade one of the later first rounders for Baz. I can't imagine they're trading a top 5 pick in a swap.
More likely to be a future first.

I can't imagine we'd be in a hurry to accept that as we have some highly touted father sons in 2025 from memory.
Couldn’t you use the Hawks first in 25 to get a pick before they’re drafted though?

Or has that “loophole” been closed?

Couldn’t you use the Hawks first in 25 to get a pick before they’re drafted though?

Or has that “loophole” been closed?
Of course, but it just depends where they end up. Given we have Darcy on our list that was taken 2nd in the draft I just don't think it's a gamble the club would be willing to take.

Of course, but it just depends where they end up. Given we have Darcy on our list that was taken 2nd in the draft I just don't think it's a gamble the club would be willing to take.
A bit of “shithousery” from my mob in that respect.

Sorry about that.

Freo would be very open to moving up I imagine with a lot of flexibility to do so

Shot a few texts back and forth with a player manager mate.

Reckons Smith is just chasing security and is happy to stay at the dogs if we offer more years, but Hawks have 5 years at a ballpark 1.2m+ infront of him. Dogs hold all the cards and won't ask for anything less than a high first back for him, and as mentioned above, we're looking to get into this years draft as it's very mid-heavy.

Alot to play out this early in the season but I have zero problems with the Dogs letting him go for draft capital. The one plus that Smith had going for him was his speed, big gamble now his done his ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of “shithousery” from my mob in that respect.

Sorry about that.
Massive shithousery, but that's the game.

Fair dinkum though imagine picking Darcy ahead of Daicos.

Shot a few texts back and forth with a player manager mate.

Reckons Smith is just chasing security and is happy to stay at the dogs if we offer more years, but Hawks have 5 years at a ballpark 1.2m+ infront of him. Dogs hold all the cards and won't ask for anything less than a high first back for him, and as mentioned above, we're looking to get into this years draft as it's very mid-heavy.

Alot to play out this early in the season but I have zero problems with the Dogs letting him go for draft capital. The one plus that Smith had going for him was his speed, big gamble now his done his ACL.

With all due respect, considering Baz is out of contract the Dogs don't 'hold all the cards'.

In saying that I'm personally expecting that a first round pick will be involved though. We're currently looking like a bottom 4 side and I'd consider that a little too high outright however.

A lot to play out.

With all due respect, considering Baz is out of contract the Dogs don't 'hold all the cards'.

In saying that I'm personally expecting that a first round pick will be involved though. We're currently looking like a bottom 4 side and I'd consider that a little too high outright however.

A lot to play out.
Unless he requests a trade to West Coast or North we do

A lot to play out.
There is about zero chance of Dogs getting a top 5 pick for him if he leaves. Hasnt been good enough, off field issues and now coming off an ACL
Unless he requests a trade to West Coast or North we do
He's out of contract, you can not have all the cards. You're just really screwed if he went to the Hawks and they finished 2nd last...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back