Recommitted Bailey Williams [signs 4 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

25 years old and 104 games for the dogs hbf from SA

Has become a pretty good defender but this will essentially be his biggest contract of his career

Will a club offer overs to get him for free?
He started 2022 in some of the most awful form and was eventually moved to the wing full time and is seemingly continuing 2023 in that spot.

He had a great 2020 & 2021 as a defender though. Unless he can recapture his form, I think he's a very realistic chance to be gettable especially for the SA clubs.

He started 2022 in some of the most awful form and was eventually moved to the wing full time and is seemingly continuing 2023 in that spot.

He had a great 2020 & 2021 as a defender though. Unless he can recapture his form, I think he's a very realistic chance to be gettable especially for the SA clubs.
so you don't care if you lose him?

2-3 years ago I did but he hasn't come on like I thought he might. Ed Richards and Bailey Dale have absolutely flown past him in most ways.

He is gettable and it doesn't have to be a SA club just because he's from SA lol. If I was Hawks/Saints/GWS/North/Crows I'd be looking into him.

They would prefer to keep him (I assume) but if either SA club offers him a hefty deal, I don't think the Dogs would match and let him go and cash in on the (I assume) band 2 compo, which is pretty good for a pretty deep draft pool in 2023

2-3 years ago I did but he hasn't come on like I thought he might. Ed Richards and Bailey Dale have absolutely flown past him in most ways.

He is gettable and it doesn't have to be a SA club just because he's from SA lol. If I was Hawks/Saints/GWS/North/Crows I'd be looking into him.
yep agree it doesnt have to be an SA club, i could see him moving to another vic club if dogs dont want to offer much

They would prefer to keep him (I assume) but if either SA club offers him a hefty deal, I don't think the Dogs would match and let him go and cash in on the (I assume) band 2 compo, which is pretty good for a pretty deep draft pool in 2023
With his output over the last year or two, we’d be laughing if we got anywhere near band 2 for him. Though I still think he can turn things around and become a very good player. He’s played AA level footy at times - there was a period of about half a season a couple years ago where he was statistically one of the top 3 general defenders in the competition, alongside Short and Sicily. Has fallen away massively since

He's been playing wing the last year and all pre-season this year. I'm not sure he wants to go back to defence

He's been playing wing the last year and all pre-season this year. I'm not sure he wants to go back to defence
I thought defence suits him better? Pretty good at nullifying and then using his big kick on the rebound

Can see he has made the wing his own but always thought he’d move back to defence

I thought defence suits him better? Pretty good at nullifying and then using his big kick on the rebound

Can see he has made the wing his own but always thought he’d move back to defence
He played that defensive role really well in 2021 but had a shocker in the grand final and didn’t bounce back in 2022. Has been moved to the wing given Hunter’s exit.

He’s a good player and would be a smart free agent signing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t say there’s a need at the Crows

We need a top liner rather than a secondary kind of HBF/wingman - it’s why a lot of us supporters are keen on Redman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back