Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you can see how frustrated he is with himself. He missed a mark, then snapped that goal and barely celebrated. Some second year blues. Doesn’t change my view of his future trajectory
Mattaes is still a baby, if anything he tries too hard and is in far too big a hurry to reach his optimum..must learn patience!

I've been critical of the use of Owens in the ruck but his performance last week was fantastic. Not sure if he can expect to "manhandle" Draper (like he did Cox and Cameron on occasions) but the combined ruck performance of Marshall and Owens was excellent.

Still like to see Jack Hayes back in that role which would then free up Mitch to run through the midfield.

Starting midfield - Marshall Steele Windy and Owens 🍾:star:

As much as people would like to see Arie - I can't see him getting a game as the sub this week. Sharman has shown he can be used as a swing man if needed so I'd be going for some more run and pressure from the sub.

14 possessions, 14 tackles, 2 clearances and goal from Garcia - he'd be my pick.
There was a clip from last years game where Michito did exactly that. Tossed Draper aside like he was a jellyfish, then won the clearance.

Great to see the boss keeping a lid on things yesterday before training, politely telling some supporters to keep things in perspective after they clapped the players onto the ground, then clapped him!
“It’s only one game, keep it in perspective” said the boss!!
I agree that it is only one game/win but that game was kind of a "Litmus Test", not just a win.

Good game to win.
The blow torch would have been on if we had of lost.

Long way to go.

I’ve got our banner organised, if the cheer squad is down with it…

The AFL has lost the plot.
In drug use they’re complicit.
As least we know the Bombers’ drugs.
Were PEDs, and not illicit.

Seriously doubt the AFL had the plot in the first place!
Knee jerk reactions and policy on the run!!

There were some party drugs involved also 😉

3KRpHJO.gif

🔴🍆⚫

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, id heard from former players that he was great as a coach but for the non chosen few he didnt give you alot of time
This is very much correct. Thankfully however, the opposite is the case for Ross 2.0. Still has his own (very unique) style, but the word that was used to describe his approach this time around is “holistic” for team and club alike which I enjoyed hearing.

Hmm that's strange. Seems like GA is effectively sold out? I'm surprised the game isn't fully reserved seats tbh.

Hey A2R.

I think that Essendon have reserved seating bays up on L3 for home games at Marvel for the front 8 rows or so.

I'm going to stand at the back of L1 with my group of mates anyway so just wanted the cheapest ticket possible.

Just coughed up because not sure if they'll get any cheaper.

Hey A2R.

I think that Essendon have reserved seating bays up on L3 for home games at Marvel for the front 8 rows or so.

I'm going to stand at the back of L1 with my group of mates anyway so just wanted the cheapest ticket possible.

Just coughed up because not sure if they'll get any cheaper.

Yeah they usually sell 'standing room' as a last resort which is the same price as GA usually ($27).

But based on neither of those being available I'd guess this one's going to go close to being a sell out?

Well before Medallion Club and Reserved seat members don't show up anyway

Interesting times ahead 😎
George........is there any truth in the whisper around town that a Mayne and Nicklas armored van will be making a delivery to your residence ?????

:) ;)

Seroiusly.....a massive thank you for all your work that you have done as a mod on BF.

The Saints Community as you call it.

Your humour......observations....comments and generally keeping all the ratbags .....uuummmm...some of the ratbags on here in line.

I salute you !!!!!!!!

The big big plus is you'll have more time to watch your Dallas series box set again.

:):):cool:.

This will be a really interesting game. Heading along for the first time this year, really bummed not to see Max as are the family.

If we win this I'll think we could be going places. Sooo many injuries, it feels like we have no right to win but the side we'll put out can still get it done.

George........is there any truth in the whisper around town that a Mayne and Nicklas armored van will be making a delivery to your residence ?????

:) ;)

Seroiusly.....a massive thank you for all your work that you have done as a mod on BF.

The Saints Community as you call it.

Your humour......observations....comments and generally keeping all the ratbags .....uuummmm...some of the ratbags on here in line.

I salute you !!!!!!!!

The big big plus is you'll have more time to watch your Dallas series box set again.

:):):cool:.
Agree, congrats on a huge effort as mod George !

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but just want to let all Saints supporters know you can get drug testing kits from Chemist Wharehouse for much, much cheaper than what that robbing thief is charging at that AFL authorised clinic over at Heidelberg.

Also PM if you need any cheap product for this weeks game.

Pou will be fine. Keep playing him.
Not much of a choice at the moment. If we had less injuries, and if we're hell bent on developing Pou as a mid, then I'd be inclined to give him a few Sandy games in the engine room...much like they did with Windy last year. It's only his second year, it's inevitable that there will be things to work on.
In the meantime, I think we should play him on the HFF. Have him as a marking target, on the wings and pushing back to goal.
He loves a goal usually. If he kicked 3 in a game or so, he's confidence and touch would be back no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back