Preview Round 3, 2024: Essendon v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 30th March, 4:20PM AEDT *HASTIE DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Bombers

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 65 83.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellow Saints fans, hope you're all well.
I've been driving up to, currently Cooktown Qld since Jan 2, is why I haven't been on Big Footy.
Great win by the boys against 'Lollingwood'.
Now to beat the 'Bumber's, really don't like them.
Growing up, really disliked the Blues & Pies, but now its the Cats &
Bombers.
Ins for this week- Butler, Caminiti, Schoenmaker, Garcia-sub.
I reckon Stocker may be dropped.
Would drop Cordy but he is needed for depth.

Hey fellow Saints fans, hope you're all well.
I've been driving up to, currently Cooktown Qld since Jan 2, is why I haven't been on Big Footy.
Great win by the boys against 'Lollingwood'.
Now to beat the 'Bumber's, really don't like them.
Growing up, really disliked the Blues & Pies, but now its the Cats &
Bombers.
Ins for this week- Butler, Caminiti, Schoenmaker, Garcia-sub.
I reckon Stocker may be dropped.
Would drop Cordy but he is needed for depth.
Neither of Stocker or cordy will be dropped

I'm surprised RTB didn't talk about the glaring omission of our Spiritual leader.

The real question on everyone's lips is who is replacing George, don't think we have the depth to replace him. Can one of the track watchers please give the rest of us here a bit of insight on who will be a like for like replacement?

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm surprised RTB didn't talk about the glaring omission of our Spiritual leader.

The real question on everyone's lips is who is replacing George, don't think we have the depth to replace him. Can one of the track watchers please give the rest of us here a bit of insight on who will be a like for like replacement?

With the deletion of the Saints mod, we were encouraged to speak up, so that those further up the food chain, could hear from supporters on this. A little surprising that in this new forum world, that means an immediate shut down of all comments on the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road thread.

The departing mod, can now only be referred to as "He Who Must Not Be Named"

Hearing Arie Schoonerdeleter is front runner for a call up... oppo trolls shaking in their crocs

fe2daeb8331a52f069dad3a9456d1e16.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So based on RTB's presser looks like the only spot up for grabs is the sub? Butler and Caminiti in for two of the outs and presumably Jones comes in to the 22.

Every possible sub in order of likelihood:

Garcia - seems to tick most of the boxes, running player and had lots of tackles in the twos
Schoenmaker - not sure he has the tank yet but if we want marking his twos performance looked great
Campbell - possible I suppose if we're worried about their two rucks, but unlikely imo
Collard - doubt it because we already have our two main small forwards
McLennan - maybe but I think we have enough small backs
Hotton - doesn't seem to be close to selection
Heath - surely not another tall
Keeler - surely not another tall
Hastie - no-one's said he's anywhere near it
O'Connell - barely played a game at VFL level
Allison - seems to be gone

So seems like it's just Garcia vs Schoenmaker to me. I'd pick Garcia for a bit of run but who knows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So based on RTB's presser looks like the only spot up for grabs is the sub? Butler and Caminiti in for two of the outs and presumably Jones comes in to the 22.

Garcia - seems to tick most of the boxes, running player and had lots of tackles in the twos
Schoenmaker - not sure he has the tank yet but if we want marking his twos performance looked great
Campbell - possible I suppose if we're worried about their two rucks, but unlikely imo

So seems like it's just Garcia vs Schoenmaker to me. I'd pick Garcia for a bit of run but who knows?

Also if these 11 are the only other guys available for selection - and no-one back from injury for at least another week or two - then we need to cross our fingers and toes and hope for no injuries this week!

Hastie that far off? Say it's not so!

Think Garcia

Completely agree on the two likely subs.
Head says Garcia for his run. Heart says Schoenmaker

Also if these 11 are the only other guys available for selection - and no-one back from injury for at least another week or two - then we need to cross our fingers and toes and hope for no injuries this week!
Agree, but against Elbows Hind and his Edge bully mates we're likely to lose at least 3 or 4 :sadv1:

Notes from trianing

Firstly as Ros said, Butler and Camma were traiing with the ones. Obviously in.
Camma actually actually trained really well.

As for the sub, I couldn't get a read on who it will be.

General notes,

I don't think there will be any other omissions.
Hayes must be close to VFL considering he is doing full training.
Think Gus Mcclennon is much closer then we think.

My GUess for the 23

Wilkie Battle Bonner
Sincs Nas Cordy
Hill Ross Wilson
Pou Owens Membre
Higgins Cama Sharman

Ro Steele Jones

Windhager Stocker Butler Byrnes (Garcia)

Collard/Garcia I think fighting it out for sub spot.

I really hope we give Keeler a go at one point, the guy is a unicorn and could be our Luke Jackson.

Everyone else looked good. Nas looking fire.

Hotton is the disappointing one. He seems to have had a full preseason, is not some rangy tall who is a slow burn, and yet seems to have been surpassed by the newest drafties.

No more injuries Saturday please - running out of soldiers at the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back