List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He was wasn’t he. The clearance work in the first was outstanding, but I loved the inside 50’s - as I said earlier and elsewhere, he was playing the Mitch Robertson role and it worked!!

Not sure I entirely agree. Mitch played as a winger and got handball fed out the back where he dumped it inside. Rayner was receiving the ball on the run and moving forward if he wasn’t in winning the clearance himself.

Outside of stoppages it’s not really the same either. Cam got leading marks and entires on the corner of the centre square while Robbo usually got his marks and entries at the half forward on the wings after a decent penetrating kick to him.

Berry plays more like Mitch Robinson role which makes sense because they are both literally wingers.

Have I taken the ‘role’ sense too literally in what you said?

Not sure I entirely agree. Mitch played as a winger and got handball fed out the back where he dumped it inside. Rayner was receiving the ball on the run and moving forward if he wasn’t in winning the clearance himself.

Outside of stoppages it’s not really the same either. Cam got leading marks and entires on the corner of the centre square while Robbo usually got his marks and entries at the half forward on the wings after a decent penetrating kick to him.

Berry plays more like Mitch Robinson role which makes sense because they are both literally wingers.

Have I taken the ‘role’ sense too literally in what you said?
A little literally. I was talking in terms of inside 50 delivery.

With Bevo relegating him to the sub in another classic Bevo move I’d be going after him. Is 27 and has been AA. Could play on the wing as well as halfback.

e40614b2c122e2ca0e67ae40a62ca24e.jpg

You know, if we’re after a big bodied mid in the mid season draft…

I fear it’d be like Trunks v Cell when he goes super saiyen 2. Has lost any speed he otherwise had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the build that is going to get you around an AFL field too well, going ok at the Gorillas though, I think QAFL is about his level now, wish him well in his post footy life... lots of cars, muscles and fishing.

I fear it’d be like Trunks v Cell when he goes super saiyen 2. Has lost any speed he otherwise had.

Going to be the worst thing possible on an online message board here: a pedant on nerd stuff. TECHNICALLY Trunks didn't reach SS2 against Cell - he just pushed all the extra power into strength. It's explicitly shown that Vegeta also worked out how to do it, but didn't do so because he saw the drawback.

Only Gohan actually reached SS2 in his fight against Perfect Cell.

Probably been posted already.

Re-signing Clugs is imperative, Berry I consider very important as well.

Chance that Dev seeks a move elsewhere if he can’t break into the side again this year? I thought it’d be smart for him to go elsewhere last year and with Ashcroft coming back and Rayner being preferred rotating inside then I’m not sure he has much a role he can carve himself out.

We have Tunstill as another developing inside mid, Sharp on the wing, Lohmann as a pressure half forward, Fletcher possibly developing to go inside as many young midfielders take time to do, and Levi Ashcroft most likely coming in next year with Sam Marshall.

Just don’t see it worth Robertson staying since his poor start saw his spot lost to Lohmann who fits the role more naturally. He’s decent as a defensive midfielder but his disposal is very bad by foot.

Going to be the worst thing possible on an online message board here: a pedant on nerd stuff. TECHNICALLY Trunks didn't reach SS2 against Cell - he just pushed all the extra power into strength. It's explicitly shown that Vegeta also worked out how to do it, but didn't do so because he saw the drawback.

Only Gohan actually reached SS2 in his fight against Perfect Cell.

Stephen Colbert Nerd GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Re-signing Clugs is imperative, Berry I consider very important as well.

Chance that Dev seeks a move elsewhere if he can’t break into the side again this year? I thought it’d be smart for him to go elsewhere last year and with Ashcroft coming back and Rayner being preferred rotating inside then I’m not sure he has much a role he can carve himself out.

We have Tunstill as another developing inside mid, Sharp on the wing, Lohmann as a pressure half forward, Fletcher possibly developing to go inside as many young midfielders take time to do, and Levi Ashcroft most likely coming in next year with Sam Marshall.

Just don’t see it worth Robertson staying since his poor start saw his spot lost to Lohmann who fits the role more naturally. He’s decent as a defensive midfielder but his disposal is very bad by foot.
I've always been a fan of Dev but I agree with you, I don't see a spot for him in the team going into 2025... Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, W.Ashcroft, Rayner, L.Ashcroft, Marshall, Berry, Bailey, Ah Chee, Fletcher, Tunstill.

Dev isn't getting a game in there, OOC 2025 and not a best 22 player, best we could possibly hope for via trade would be a pick in the mid/late 20s IMO.

I've always been a fan of Dev but I agree with you, I don't see a spot for him in the team going into 2025... Neale, Dunkley, McCluggage, W.Ashcroft, Rayner, L.Ashcroft, Marshall, Berry, Bailey, Ah Chee, Fletcher, Tunstill.

Dev isn't getting a game in there, OOC 2025 and not a best 22 player, best we could possibly hope for via trade would be a pick in the mid/late 20s IMO.

Wouldn’t even really care about the pick. Was more interested in any salary he could free up to make signing Berry and McCluggage easier.

25 - 29? Double that would be a lot closer. 3rd round starts about 40.

Ive said this before, Dev should've moved to WC when the offer was there. I was surprised he stayed considering the midfield pipeline we had in Levi, Marshall, Annable, Harrison Bridge etc. There is potential for Fletcher and Wilmot to go through the middle too. Dev should've taken that 4 years and ran to WA.

Its like the Robbie Copeland scenario, when triple premier team was flying, role players like Copeland were getting strong offers too. I think Richmond was after him at that time.

Ive said this before, Dev should've moved to WC when the offer was there. I was surprised he stayed considering the midfield pipeline we had in Levi, Marshall, Annable, Harrison Bridge etc. There is potential for Fletcher and Wilmot to go through the middle too. Dev should've taken that 4 years and ran to WA.

Its like the Robbie Copeland scenario, when triple premier team was flying, role players like Copeland were getting strong offers too. I think Richmond was after him at that time.

Not sure Dev would be best 22 at west coast. At least here he has a chance of sneaking into the 22 and winning a premiership like he almost did last year

Back