Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Phillipou has been very average this year
Yep . Has not even reached the level he was last year yet .
Few others in the same boat as well.

i feel like compared to last year the aint's are just toothless, very little inside 50 pressure, especially with max king constantly in and out of the team through injury and suspension, their defence is also struggling.

I’d say more the media go soft on Ross Lyon. He has a lot of friends that drink his bathwater
Yep combination of buttering up hot take merchants like caro during his time on footy classifieds plus a number of his psycophant ex players being in media now (at least riewoldt isnt on 7 now).

i think the inclusion of bailey dale was important from the get go, but i think ed richards in the guts did a huge amount for their physicality in the wake of whatever happened to libba (ps have they said anything specifically yet about what happened, or is it still not concussion concussion)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i feel like compared to last year the aint's are just toothless, very little inside 50 pressure, especially with max king constantly in and out of the team through injury and suspension, their defence is also struggling.
There midfield is a bit plain .

There midfield is a bit plain .

Steele is solid but their next most CBA's were;

24 Windhager (20 year old)
13 Garcia (18 year old)
10 Ross
7 Sinclair
4 Stocker
3 Z Jones
2 Owens (20 year old)

They're pretty bereft of good genuine onballers in their prime. Sinclair adds a bit of pace, Ross is what he is, and Jones is not great.

Windhager and Owens both have 'something' but need time. They're heavily reliant on their outside guys in Hill, Bonner and Henry at the moment.

I think Lyon has built this myth that he can turn any list into a contender through his defensive strategy and aerobic fitness requirements. He forgets he had some genuine A-Graders in his first run at the saints and even at freo he had a higher number of A graders than now.
Wanganeen-Milera and King are the only guys on that list who have potential to be A-Grade but king really needs to pull his finger out. Marshall and Steele are great players but I would say they are more solid and consistent rather than genuine stars.

I think Lyon has built this myth that he can turn any list into a contender through his defensive strategy and aerobic fitness requirements. He forgets he had some genuine A-Graders in his first run at the saints and even at freo he had a higher number of A graders than now.
Wanganeen-Milera and King are the only guys on that list who have potential to be A-Grade but king really needs to pull his finger out. Marshall and Steele are great players but I would say they are more solid and consistent rather than genuine stars.

Freo:

Mundy
Fyfe
Pavlich
Sandilands
Walters
A young Neale
Barlow

St Kilda:

Hayes
Goddard
Reiwoldt
Dal Santo
Montagna
Milne
Baker

He had some pretty decent top-line talent at his disposal at both sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back