Event 🏆Premiership Team S35 Awards Night S35🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Up next is the DOB Medal recognizing the best Defensive Old Boy of the Season.

Midfielders and forwards rack up huge disposals and get plenty of recognition, but without a solid defensive the team will not succeed. The DOB medal is recognition of those unsung heroes who defend the opposition qoal attacks and is awarded to the defensive line player who applied the most pressure, killed off most of their opponent’s attacks, and was able to best nullify opposition threats. Our core defenders Hoos BRAB, The Jesus, Tigerturbulance, Fleabane and Over The Post had a great season as a defensive playing group and contributed significantly to the OOBs making it all the way to the Grand Final.

The DOB goes to Tigerturbulance who played every game at Center Half Back as a dashing intercepting defender, who honestly surprised selectors with how much ground he could cover for such a large unit. Turbos stats read more like a mid-fielder rather than a defender, coming 2nd in most team marks (82), highest defensive player with a DT of 835, most defensive half kicks 104 and 5th most handballs 125 for the entire team. As well as being the Old Boy’s best defender Turbo was also honored with the CHB position in the All-SFA side.

In 3rd place is Elton Johns Wig who had a strong on field season as our ruck with 1171 DT (2nd highest for team) but due to RL went missing at time in match threads but still managed a decent 50 posts average a week (8th highest for team). A dogged competitor who loves nothing better than a good old scrap on field and off field. Contributed hugely to the team as VC and the OOB committee member representative, a solid season on and off the field.

3 BOOB.jpg

Coming in 2nd place is a posting dynamo who got into everything Ligma. On field managed an impressive 1007 Dt (4th highest for team) playing unselfishly in multiple roles as required. Posting wise was a real fanatic amassing a huge 103 post per week average (2nd highest for team) and this doesn’t include all the posts in the team PM or other threads. Ligma has been a great addition to the Old Boys Old Girls and has embraced the Spotswood Campus life style, well done Ligs on a great season all round.

2 BOOB.jpg

Coming in 2nd place is a posting dynamo who got into everything Ligma. On field managed an impressive 1007 Dt (4th highest for team) playing unselfishly in multiple roles as required. Posting wise was a real fanatic amassing a huge 103 post per week average (2nd highest for team) and this doesn’t include all the posts in the team PM or other threads. Ligma has been a great addition to the Old Boys Old Girls and has embraced the Spotswood Campus life style, well done Ligs on a great season all round.

2nd is the first loser 💔

Ligma, you're on top of me......awks

And the winner of the BOOB with an all-round strong performance on field and off field is our center Robertio. What a season he has had leading on field with 1318 DT (1st highest for team) and averaging over 117 posts per week in the match threads (1st highest for team). Robertio is a worthy winner of the Old Boy’s highest award the BOOB, not only because of his impressive S35 stats but also for the effort and contributions he has made as a team member. Robertio is front and center every week, always willing to help or offer advice and back up any of the players when the opposition start getting out of line. Robertio exemplifies what being a great team member is and always plays for team glory and not individual recognition. As such it gives me great pleasure to present the OOB’s highest individual award for being the Best Ophidian Old Boy of S35 to Robertio.

BOOB.jpg
1 BOOB.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the winner of the BOOB with an all-round strong performance on field and off field is our center Robertio. What a season he has had leading on field with 1318 DT (1st highest for team) and averaging over 117 posts per week in the match threads (1st highest for team). Robertio is a worthy winner of the Old Boy’s highest award the BOOB, not only because of his impressive S35 stats but also for the effort and contributions he has made as a team member. Robertio is front and center every week, always willing to help or offer advice and back up any of the players when the opposition start getting out of line. Robertio exemplifies what being a great team member is and always plays for team glory and not individual recognition. As such it gives me great pleasure to present the OOB’s highest individual award for being the Best Ophidian Old Boy of S35 to Robertio.

THATS MY BOY Robertio

I’d also like to recognize a much loved and admired player who will be leaving us now his 2 season contract has expired and he will be returning to his old qooty club the Roys. Mobbs you have been a champion in agreeing to join the OOB for the first 2 seasons and in so doing giving us our best chance of being a successful bid and club. It’s sad to see you go but as agreed it time for you to go back to the retirement village of the Roys were life moves a lot slower and with far less drama than occurs at Spotswood. Really happy that in 2 short seasons with OOB we could send you off with an ALL-SFA blazer and a premiership medal. Know you will always be welcome at Spotswood and as a founding member of the club will always have a significant standing in Spotswood’s history. On behalf of the Old Boys and the SWEET FA as a whole, thank you for your contributions and for just being Mobbs.

mobbs.jpg

Before we end the night, I’d like to thank every Old Boy and Old Girl for their hard work this season to make the Old Boys the best team in the competition and Spotswood the most envied qooty facility in the SWEET FA.

Going all the way and winning the GF in our 2 season and having 3 players named All-SFA shows the strength we have in the side and bodes well for a successful future. We have proven ourselves and further enhanced our brand this season now becoming a destination club for serious qooty players who want to take their game to the next level and be the best they can be. The recruitment department has already been inundated with transfer requests from members of other clubs, but unfortunately only a select few have what it takes to be an Old Boy and achieve selection for season 36.

S35 GF Winners.png

Wow thanks guys and sorry Ligma but your time will come for sure. What a great club to come into Ligma and i were made welcome by everyone as soon as we stepped into the place. Tigerturbulance thanks for for inviting us over and in the seasons to come your faith will be repaid love you all and Carna Old Boys.

To end the presentation I ask all the Ophidian Old Boys, family and honored guests to be upstanding and charge your glasses for the Old Boys toast.

TOAST.jpg

‘The light of the Ophidian star to guide you,
The warmth of Spotswood Campus and hearth to you,
The cheer and good will of Old Boys to you,
The hope of qooty glory to you,
The joy of a thousand qoals to you,
The love of the Sim and Mod's peace to you,
Cheers to the Ophidian Old Boys’

Now get on the p!ss and make a mess of yourselves, you have certainly earnt it this season all drinks are on me....................................

I always loved Mobbs, and he always had time behind the scenes if you wanted a chat.

But spending the last two seasons full time with you mate has been something else. Thank you so much for everything. I really look forward to the bantz as opponents now, more so than ever.

Go well man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back