Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

I was a little distracted through the game but 20 marks is incredible. Don't particularly remember any spectacular marks but that's just high work rate, high match intelligence. Kinda hilarious how much Jordan is a bit like young Brayshaw. No real obvious skills, not a great midfielder IMO and not quick or brilliant skills but I can see him as a good fit for that hard working defensive winger especially now that I understand the system.

I reckon that he is increasing his tool-box exponentially. He'll be checking boxes of jobs that he has done on field one by one.
Inside Mid :whitecheck:
Ruck Rover:whitecheck:
Outside Mid:whitecheck:
Winger:whitecheck:
Defender/Relief Defender:whitecheck:

He has taken on board being selfless and the art of selflessness from Goody quite well.

He has gone from being potential trade bait a few years ago to "don't you dare trade him" now

Said ill never say another bad word about him after the granny, hes actually improved since then. Having a very solid year. Great to see him back in some form after a huge dip in 2019 and 2020 where he looked cooked.

Demon for life.
I'm not sure if it's worrying, or great stability.

But we now have harmes still with 3 years on a deal, gawn 3 more, petracca and Oliver 6/7 more, lever 3 more, viney 4 more and now brayshaw 5 more.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Demon for life.

Not sure where your info is coming from lol. Doesn't sound like he's close to making a decision

Yeah on Land they’re on the verge of shooting themselves after that interview. I’m not too keen to listen tbh, reckon it’ll just upset me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if it's worrying, or great stability.

But we now have harmes still with 3 years on a deal, gawn 3 more, petracca and Oliver 6/7 more, lever 3 more, viney 4 more and now brayshaw 5 more.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

I typically don't love anything more than 5 years, but none of these are crazy or over the top either.

On balance it means we have a core group of great players that genuinely want to be here, and that's a pretty good feeling.

Lol if he has indeed re-signed, he should pursue an acting career instead of a footy one.

Most non-committal responses imaginable. Doesn't sound close to deciding at all
Keeping his cards close to his chest. He wants to sign live on Gus and Gawny this week.

All in all, a pretty deflating interview. Also heavily insinuated that guys in the team are resting on their laurels a bit after winning the flag and just expecting wins to happen, hence the drop-off when we generate big leads.

Sounds like playing more midfield was also a significant key point in the decision making.

If that's the case and after hearing his SEN interview, that didn't exactly fill me with great confidence.

Not sure where your info is coming from lol. Doesn't sound like he's close to making a decision
Yeah haven't seen/listened to that, but fair enough.

He's either a bloody good poker player or the mails wrong. Mail has been slower this year but was pretty confident of the Jackson/brayshaw news so I'm going to follow along.

Yeah haven't seen/listened to that, but fair enough.

He's either a bloody good poker player or the mails wrong. Mail has been slower this year but was pretty confident of the Jackson/brayshaw news so I'm going to follow along.

Last I had heard was that his mgt team were advising him to hold off until they knew what Jackson was doing and potentially get a little bit more coin when/if he goes.

I wonder if he got Jack of waiting of if there is movement on Jackson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back