Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh. I feel like it goes without saying, but if you're an opposition (Collingwood) fan looking to come over and get into a fight about Maynard's bump/tribunal case (again), go elsewhere.

No more warnings, cards will be handed out. Please read the room.

"this year is about showing people what the MFC is about" .....

I'll hold Simon to that. Will be funny to look back on that quote if we miss the 8. 😆

I'll hold Simon to that. Will be funny to look back on that quote if we miss the 8. 😆
So what were the last 2 years then? I thought they were getting the flag in Melbourne for the fans then making up for straight sets?

Are other clubs still jealous of us Gawny boy?

I'm still waiting for MFC to do it all again in front of the home fans who missed out in 2021... The narrative of 2022 preseason

Although if you listened to Pert and Goody at season launch, supposedly one of the real issues we have as a club is that our fans aren't being loud enough. We're really letting the playing group down guys

All I wanted was exciting finals. I don't even care we lost both, by the end of the Carlton game I wanted my bet against us more than us to win because the game was so bad and I've seen us win 2 prelims in my whole life.
Give us a 2002 semi vs Adelaide over any of the footy we've played lately.

I'm still waiting for MFC to do it all again in front of the home fans who missed out in 2021...
wait title GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I wanted was exciting finals. I don't even care we lost both, by the end of the Carlton game I wanted my bet against us more than us to win because the game was so bad and I've seen us win 2 prelims in my whole life.
Give us a 2002 semi vs Adelaide over any of the footy we've played lately.

After the pies game I reckon I’ve never been that angry with the club about a one off performance. Couldn’t believe how poor we were that night when Collingwood were actually crap outside the first 10 minutes.

So I haven't really written my Gus eulogy yet.
I've had a very love hate relationship with Gus. Hated some of the footy he played over the journey, from the long kicking HBF who's only move was 55m over the top to Garlett, to moving inside and become a high disposal midfielder, to moving out the be an unselfish winger who worked better back than forward, to the AA level HBF who then for some stupid reason was moved back inside again to become a defensive tackling machine.
The only position he didn't play is one I actually wanted to see him in which was a resting FF. He had the one on one ability to rest forward like a Ricciuto back in the day

Even though all my anger was directed towards him, he clearly moved around so much to do what he could for the team and him doing that helped us win a flag.

From that stupid tilted head, to running the slowest arc ever just to kick a left foot ball on the full Christ he made wanna kick me tv a few times.

With all that I didn't think he'd play 50 games early on after his concussions, I reckon he was more suited to footy in the 90s and 2000s than now but he would have been a 250 game player without the knocks so that's a hell of a career
Remind me to get you to say a few words at my funeral.

Basically I’ve hated pretty much everything about PG other than a couple of posts from 2022, but I guess she’s been here a while so there’s that.

:D

I added the emoji so you don’t start arguing with me

Remind me to get you to say a few words at my funeral.

Basically I’ve hated pretty much everything about PG other than a couple of posts from 2022, but I guess she’s been here a while so there’s that.

:D

I added the emoji so you don’t start arguing with me
I can't argue with you matey good to have you back

Even though I've hated everything about you apart from the avatar.

Saddened to hear about Gus. One of my favourite players in the league. Underrated and at times underappreciated onfield by Dees fans (not having a go, made mention of this somewhere else a few weeks ago and got good traction from Dees supporters)
But pivotal in the flag era.
He's got his head screwed on so he will succeed in whatever he does next. I could see him in the player welfare space in club land or player management in the future. Not really sure on his maturity level atm just due to his jovial nature. Hoping to hear more of him through podcasts this season.

Pardon the intrusion.

Like just about every footy fan, I was saddened by the Brayshaw retirement. His footy skills, IQ and bravery have been greatly admired over his footy journey.

Angus played with great spirit and fairness and will be missed by heaps of folks outside of MFC.

Pardon the intrusion.

Like just about every footy fan, I was saddened by the Brayshaw retirement. His footy skills, IQ and bravery have been greatly admired over his footy journey.

Angus played with great spirit and fairness and will be missed by heaps of folks outside of MFC.
Would have been a good Sydney player if he hadn’t been a demon. Not sure what makes me say that but it feels right

Forgot to post this in here.

2018 had two awesome finals (And one s**t one) but I'll never forget how loud the crowd was after Gus kicked this goal to put us 30+ up in the 3rd. Probably actually the loudest crowd I've heard at a Melbourne game now I think about it.

Was it loud enough for Kate though?

2018 had two awesome finals (And one s**t one) but I'll never forget how loud the crowd was after Gus kicked this goal to put us 30+ up in the 3rd. Probably actually the loudest crowd I've heard at a Melbourne game now I think about it.

Was at the Hawks game. I think it was a Melk goal in the 3rd or last that was unbelievably clutch. Loved peak Melk

"CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CAN'T BELIEVE IT. CAN. NOT. BELIEVE. IT."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back