Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rance. After watching Tex and Hooker destroy him, he is very overrated.

Offers alright rebound but is pretty average stopper. Talia is better IMO

WN123

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Rance. After watching Tex and Hooker destroy him, he is very overrated.

Offers alright rebound but is pretty average stopper. Talia is better IMO
Not sure if Hooker destroyed him but I get your point. Was surprised to open the paper today and see Rance as Richmonds best when Hooker kicked 3 and had a pretty good game.

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure if Hooker destroyed him but I get your point. Was surprised to open the paper today and see Rance as Richmonds best when Hooker kicked 3 and had a pretty good game.
Maybe I've only watched when he's playing bad but every time I see him he has been very average.

hench

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1. Cyril Rioli
2. Patrick Dangerfield
3. Harry Taylor
4. Alex Rance
5. Tracks Cloke
6. Nathan Jones
7. Trent Cotchin
8. Dyson Heppell
9. Jamie Elliot
10. Dan Hannebury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess it's a byproduct of being in a great side, but Luke Breust is ridiculously overrated.

18 disposals - 8 marks - 8 tackles - 6 goals

What a terrible player.

Luke Breust is four years younger then that spud Eddie Betts who had only 9 disposals - 0 marks - 0 goals versus Hawthorn. Guess we now know who's overrated.

Mar 23, 2014
Leningrad
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Partiya Lenina
18 disposals - 8 marks - 8 tackles - 6 goals

What a terrible player.

Luke Breust is four years younger then that spud Eddie Betts who had only 9 disposals - 0 marks - 0 goals versus Hawthorn. Guess we now know who's overrated.
Where was he last week? His performance in that romping win against Adelaide is exactly why he is overrated! Downhill skiier if I've ever seen one. Prove me wrong over the next two weeks, Breust.

Eddie Betts was a gun small forward in our rubbish forward line for a decade. Anyone that knows anything about football would agree that Betts is the better footballer. Take those brown and gold goggles off and give me a spell.

Where was he last week? His performance in that romping win against Adelaide is exactly why he is overrated! Downhill skiier if I've ever seen one. Prove me wrong over the next two weeks, Breust.

Eddie Betts was a gun small forward in our rubbish forward line for a decade. Anyone that knows anything about football would agree that Betts is the better footballer. Take those brown and gold goggles off and give me a spell.

Eddie Betts a better footballer, in what capacity? Last time I checked Luke Breust averages more disposals, more marks, more contested marks, more tackles, more clearances, more contested possessions, more inside 50s, more score involvements and more goals in his career then Betts. He's beating Betts in every statistical category not to mention he has way more upside.

:$

cyril4brownlow

Team Captain
Mar 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Most deluded bloke on this forum. Your name sake is the one who's overrated
No need to get emotional. Goldstein is overrated. Get over it and move on.

It doesn't. Best ruckmen in the comp and the players think he is the 2nd best player this year.
How can a subjective opinion prove another subjective opinion wrong. I think you are confused about how to make a sound argument.

Eddie Betts a spud?? Hahahahaha

Breust has had the luxury of playing in a premiership contending team, while Betts really hasn't played for a premiership contender. Breust is able to beef up his stats as he good ball delivery into the forward line, where he gets credited with the goal after the hardwork of the other Hawthorn players. Breust will be a hack in a couple of years when Hawthorn are s**t again.

On the other hand, Betts has had to work hard to create goals, and is a proven big time player in close games, as shown against the bulldogs a couple of weeks ago. Also, add in the fact that he was forced to play for Carlton back in their mid-2000s days.

Breust is proclaimed to also be a big time player. Check out his stats

Vs West Coast 0 goals (Hawthorn showed what was to come in their distant future by playing like s**t)
Vs Sydney 2014 GF 3 goals (Hawks played well)
Vs Port 2014 PF 0 goals (Hawks played like s**t for 75% of the game)
Vs Geelong QF 1 goal
Vs Freo GF 1 goal (Freo played like s**t, umpires won it for Hawthorn)
Vs Geelong PF 1 goal (Hawks were rather average in this game.)
Vs Sydney 2013 1 goal
Vs Sydney 2012 GF 2 goals (hahaha what a choke by Hawthorn, and Breust going missing in the last 3 quarters besides that last quarter goal)
vs Adelaide 2012 1 goal
Vs collingwood 2012 1 goal

So, Breust a big time player? Nah. Best small forward in the game as called by the 'experts'? Nah. Overrated? You bet.

Mar 23, 2014
Leningrad
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Partiya Lenina
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Where was he hiding in the QF? Even missed his soda in junk time! Also refer to the post above re the 'match winner' that he is.

Luke Breust is the Lindsey Vonn of downhill skiing. He is a B grade footballer that does his job in one of the greatest sides of all time and is consequently overrated. Another Hawk fan 'raised me' Eddie Betts. Breust is incapable of producing match-winning performances like Eddie did against the Dogs. Stick Breust in a bottom 10 forward line and he'd do diddly squat. I could go on but the debate was had several pages ago. Read it - it is healthy and objective. He is a good player that is overrated by the football media universe whose Sun is in Victoria. Mark LeCras is the far better footballer, but much like Pluto he too was taken for granted by Victorian 'experts' prior to the WCE renaissance because of 'elite' small forwards like Breust!! If he shows up when the game is on the line this week or next week, your laughter is justified. You'll win the prelim and/or flag, but it won't be because of Breust. And that doesn't matter...because he does his job like an honest foot soldier should!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back