Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is hilarious. Our captain returns early to be with the 1-4 year players despite being injured. He gets accused of being skinny and having baggy eyes so he needs the captaincy stripped off of him. Now we've actually got someone saying Clarko needs to be ruthless by stripping the captaincy from a second year captain. And if he doesn't do it then we're not being serious.

FMD. This is what was said at the time by Viney.

“The leadership vote was values-based, with a focus on who best represented our Shinboner Spirit,” Viney said.

“From the vote, we couldn’t split Luke and Jy in terms of the influence they’ve had on the playing group and the club as two of our key leaders.

I can understand people questioning his playing form but to question his captaincy is just down right pathetic (And just to be clear, cause I don't want to antagonise anyone, I'm not accusing anyone of being pathetic, just the attitude). But if you are going to question his form, don't make s**t up and accuse him of playing on players he wasn't playing on. Cause that s**t is pathetic.

Arts.

I’m not sure if it took him eleven years because he was focusing on being an AFL captain and a player. Or if he hasn’t been able to take the next step as a player because he has been focusing on his 11 year degree.
He couldn't focus on either thing because whenever he did one thing, he began to worry about the other thing. Hence, * all progress in either

I know someone who invigilated him (but only with his permission).

During exams he repeatedly stuck his tongue out, did a big wind up then launched his pen into the person in front of him...
...however, the risk of injury was minimal as the pen rarely ever hit the intended target.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arts.

I’m not sure if it took him eleven years because he was focusing on being an AFL captain and a player. Or if he hasn’t been able to take the next step as a player because he has been focusing on his 11 year degree.
Arts ha that explains why his been playing like a clown for the last few years.
Maybe he can put his qualifications to good use by putting on some sort of pantomime for the supporters before the game to get the supporters going instead of masquerading as a professional AFL footballer during the game.

-----------

Another year of Captain Luke, with the clubs/Clarko's stamp of approval today.

115387d1402502429-let-games-begin-my-turbo-build-ugss1jp.gif

11th season. I just know it will finally happen this year.
He did it throughout 2020, to be fair to him. And he has random games of quite high quality. It's just that it doesn't happen enough to justify him being a co captain. I'd sooner see him lose the captaincy and just focus solely on ironing out bad habits. If he has the awareness to realise their existence, that is

Arts ha that explains why his been playing like a clown for the last few years.
Maybe he can put his qualifications to good use by putting on some sort of pantomime for the supporters before the game to get the supporters going instead of masquerading as a professional AFL footballer during the game.
Jesus you’re a miserable piece of work.

campaigner.

Needs to be better on field, simply put. Lucky to hold his spot last year, but Clarko and the players have faith so I hope he has a great 2024.

He did it throughout 2020, to be fair to him. And he has random games of quite high quality. It's just that it doesn't happen enough to justify him being a co captain. I'd sooner see him lose the captaincy and just focus solely on ironing out bad habits. If he has the awareness to realise their existence, that is

1 good year out of 10.. christ the bar has been low.

I cannot wait for Sheez to be captain in a few years. He's going to be so good.

Needs to be better on field, simply put. Lucky to hold his spot last year, but Clarko and the players have faith so I hope he has a great 2024.
Love his attack on the footy but the howler’s this year definitely got beyond a joke. I’ve still got faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back