Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

****! Even Dom ******* Sheed is playing better footy than this guy..

Career best ranking

DaQSCFJVMAAv-e4.jpg:large

I don’t quite understand why we have chucked him back into defence, it has stifled his development in the past, so why persist with it.

Completely agree with this. You can tell he hates it and is terrible at it.

He is slow off the mark (despite being quite quick after the first 5-10) which just allows his man too much room.

He honestly looks like an amateurs player who has got home at 1am and smashed some maccas the night before a game

Why have we got an opposition supporter derailing the Luke McDonald thread bagging our club?
Agree. No time for albatross utensil-knuckles.

Go and get some help mate. You are far from your best self.
Stop watching north if it hurts. Put a record on and

Garlett picked his pocket and it senses to me not all is well.

All preseason he is touted as moving into the middle.
Stuffs up by having a drink in Tasmania.
Gets suspended for JLT 2.
Starts year off disgustingly in Gold Coast and stays in defence for the next two rounds after being promised midfield time.

Me thinks he doesn’t have the tank to go into the middle or he’s being punished by being stationed in defence.
Considering he blows up by the second quarter I can see why he’s in the backline but I wonder if there is more to it.

Not enjoying his football at all.

Garlett picked his pocket and it senses to me not all is well.

All preseason he is touted as moving into the middle.
Stuffs up by having a drink in Tasmania.
Gets suspended for JLT 2.
Starts year off disgustingly in Gold Coast and stays in defence for the next two rounds after being promised midfield time.

Me thinks he doesn’t have the tank to go into the middle or he’s being punished by being stationed in defence.
Considering he blows up by the second quarter I can see why he’s in the backline but I wonder if there is more to it.

Not enjoying his football at all.

I hope you're wrong, and I think you are. I do agree that he remains not up to the level expected fitness wise. But I think he's building into the season.

He's played 2 out of 3 good games IMO. Certainly not great games which is disappointing.

Actually thought he was OK on Saturday we have a lack of genuine backmen and when Sam wright is available McMillan or luke will be moved onto the wing. Melbourne played a small forward line as well Hogan played up the ground our backline looked pretty shaky especially as we were smashed out of the middle in the second half

I'm sure most players want to play in the middle. Unfortunately not everyone can play where they fancy.

Either as a wingman or attacking half back, he's still going to need to defend.

If we move him, Macmillan and Clarke out of defence, who plays there?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I'm sure most players want to play in the middle. Unfortunately not everyone can play where they fancy.

This is the thing. People think there are solutions to the midfield shortage currently playing in other positions and the VFL. There aren't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy, Nielson, Ahern, Mountford, Wright.

Take your pick!

McMillan, Clarke and McDonald are going to be better served being involved in midfield rotations

Murphy, Nielson, Ahern, Mountford, Wright.

Take your pick!

McMillan, Clarke and McDonald are going to be better served being involved in midfield rotations
When Wright is ready yes. I get the impression from Scott's comments that Ahern is a way off. Anyway doesn't he fall into the same category as Luke etc..

Murphy may force hus way in at some point. Nielson doesn't help with the rebound we require off hb.

We need hb who can create and set up attack. Luke can do that.

Understand that, but it doesn’t make sense to spend the whole summer training him as a midfielder only to play him as a defender.

Understand that, but it doesn’t make sense to spend the whole summer training him as a midfielder only to play him as a defender.
Players need to be adaptable. He's spent enough time in defence to be comfortable there.

He should be our set up man across hb. Pushing forward when he can. If he's not that he's a defensive wingman.

Hartung is our offensive winger. That's no changing anytime soon.

Actually don't think he was to bad on the weekend, he attacked the footy ferociously, tried to create and took the game on. Certainly an improvement on the first two rounds. As above, I think he needs to accept that his ideal place in the side is as a defensive winger, who can do a bit of good work in congestion when required and still drift forward and bang some long goals. I wonder if complacency might be a bit of an issue for him considering his somewhat unique path to the elite level...

Actually don't think he was to bad on the weekend, he attacked the footy ferociously, tried to create and took the game on. Certainly an improvement on the first two rounds. As above, I think he needs to accept that his ideal place in the side is as a defensive winger, who can do a bit of good work in congestion when required and still drift forward and bang some long goals. I wonder if complacency might be a bit of an issue for him considering his somewhat unique path to the elite level...

Agree he wasn’t that bad. He was named in our best five in most write ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back