Player Watch #12: Lachie Hunter – one of our best value trades ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hunter is a gun & great pick up for you guys.

I think you're being a little rough on Baker. Great character to have around at the club and plays his role really well.
I was just being a smart ass to the other bloke. Hunters a ripper, old school AF love it. I got no hate for Baker if he can forge out a career with you guys then good for him

I was just being a smart ass to the other bloke. Hunters a ripper, old school AF love it. I got no hate for Baker if he can forge out a career with you guys then good for him

100% this. Baker has never lacked for attitude or intensity, just execution. Hope he can be at least semi decent for the Dogs because at least he ******* tries.

Last edited:
100% this. Baker has never lacked for attitude or intensity, just execution. Hope he can be at least semi, decent for the Dogs because at least he ******* tries.
Also a ripping bloke. Love seeing him do well for them

He might have been suspended, but not before treating the AFL inquisitor like a dickhead. Very enjoyable. Possibly assisted by previous experience undergoing questioning by the authorities.

One of the best value trades in MFC history
Still can’t quite believe the Dogs gave him up. I’m sure he has issues but bloody hell.

Still can’t quite believe the Dogs gave him up. I’m sure he has issues but bloody hell.

I can understand them wanting to move on, some guys just need a change, more stunned there weren't other clubs interested willing to pay more than a future third, absolute thievery to get him for what we did. Been everything we hoped for and more.

Has been absolutely outstanding, considering the cost. One of those players that you can just trust to win a contest and make the right decision with the ball.

Tougher than I thought, too.

Him and Bevo couldn't see eye to eye. Needed a drunken gambler like Goody to really get him.

Now thats a highlights package you can set your watch to

my ⚡⚡⚡ performance of the week

He is such a smart and creative decision maker under pressure, the underground handballs, knowing hes about to be tackled and getting a handball off quick to the best option, the tap on's...its like hes one step ahead of everyone around him, processing is elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now thats a highlights package you can set your watch to

my ⚡⚡⚡ performance of the week

He is such a smart and creative decision maker under pressure, the underground handballs, knowing hes about to be tackled and getting a handball off quick to the best option, the tap on's...its like hes one step ahead of everyone around him, processing is elite.

One thing I never realized about him is he doesn't use the shoulder shrug to buy a free kick, he actually uses it to shake the tackle and handball it off.

Looks like a bloke who played country footy against men young.

I still remember the one in the 2021 Granny. Which he kicked a goal from. Thank God it didn't cost us.

I don't care too much for disposal numbers in todays game. Half of them over-possess the ball anyway.

I hope we go for a Markov to give us the speed that we lost in the trade period.
Wanting Markov over Hunter... 🤣

What a *

Hunter > Ben Brown > Markov

One thing I never realized about him is he doesn't use the shoulder shrug to buy a free kick, he actually uses it to shake the tackle and handball it off.

Looks like a bloke who played country footy against men young.

I honestly think he does the shrug less now. Definitely still goes for it on occasion, maybe it’s my bias but I think he’s realized umpires don’t give you as many frees for it so he’s stopped trying as much.

Great value so far though. If he’s part of a premiership with us it’s an incredible trade.

I'm glad that he's getting recognition here. On Demonland people seem to hate him for no reason.
There is a good reason a lot of us cant stand demonland. Wouldnt surprise me if its something as simple as Lachie didnt stop so they could take a selfie with them after a win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back