Traded #12: Stewart Crameri - Traded to Footscray for pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

crameri will stay . essendon coteries will come up with the $$$ to ensure he does
his manger wants a 4 year deal, bombers are agreeable just need to agree to final $$$ back it in

Coteries have plenty of power and influence at Essendon.

I will go out on a limb and say that EFC shouldn't offer Crameri much extra.

I think they should give him a 3 year offer at a slightly higher rate.

Forget about 4 year deals.

Crameri is The Unit, and while he is not worth as much as reported I believe he is easily our most important forward cog. He plays tall and small and is a difficult match-up when fully fit. I want to see him as 3rd tall in a fully functioning forward line for more than just the odd week here and there. He is not a focal-point forward but has fantastic hands at full stretch on a fast lead. Just get him to push up and back all day and he would be a massive headache for any defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we lose very much if Crameri goes.
Hurley, Daniher, Bellchambers and Ryder will no longer need to be dropped back to VFL, now we will just need to get a good player in return.

Well if the Bulldogs are gonna give him 4years and 1.8mil we better be getting compensation to suit...

Very disappointed! But do think he will be getting 'overs' at the dogs.
Yeah he is, just pissed he is leaving a club he apparently loves and has always been a supporter of, for cash. It's not like Goddard who left a club on its way down, we are on the way up! Would be interesting how he would feel if he missed out on a flag at Essendon because he left. Of course, he could win one at the Dogs.

I'm shattered.

Pick 22+Higgins

:eek: To be fair I think that is just too much for Crameri. I know 22 is probably unders but I don't think it's the difference in a player of the quality of Higgins. Yes he has a lot of injury trouble, but not much point selling low on him when we are in a position of strength in this situation. Hope we can work out a fair trade to get it done early in trade week.

:eek: To be fair I think that is just too much for Crameri. I know 22 is probably unders but I don't think it's the difference in a player of the quality of Higgins. Yes he has a lot of injury trouble, but not much point selling low on him when we are in a position of strength in this situation. Hope we can work out a fair trade to get it done early in trade week.

Probably right i'l rather and established player then a pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back