Traded #12: Stewart Crameri - Traded to Footscray for pick 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably right i'l rather and established player then a pick.

We still haven't offered a contract to Addison this year who had a pretty solid year to be honest. Very versatile, can play fwd/back or tagging role through the middle, as tough as they come and a good teammate. Skills aren't the greatest and no worldbeater or anything, but just a very solid player who could look good not having to be a main focal point in a forward line. Would you have any interest in something like Addison + Pick 22 for Crameri?

We still haven't offered a contract to Addison this year who had a pretty solid year to be honest. Very versatile, can play fwd/back or tagging role through the middle, as tough as they come and a good teammate. Skills aren't the greatest and no worldbeater or anything, but just a very solid player who could look good not having to be a main focal point in a forward line. Would you have any interest in something like Addison + Pick 22 for Crameri?

Yeah i'l probably would. imo the club needs a good crumbing mid/fwd.

Tutt and Addison...stop taking the piss. We are not looking for list cloggers who struggle to even get a game at a bottom 4 side. Pick 22 and Higgins would be a fair trade. Higgins has talent but is a massive risk to take on considering his body is made of glass. He would fill a need for us also.

Bulldogs fans should not undervalue Crameri here. Just because he may request a trade doesn't mean he'll go for minimum chips. If he walks to the PSD he will certainly be no guarantee to make it to the dogs.

Tutt and Addison...stop taking the piss. We are not looking for list cloggers who struggle to even get a game at a bottom 4 side. Pick 22 and Higgins would be a fair trade. Higgins has talent but is a massive risk to take on considering his body is made of glass. He would fill a need for us also.

Bulldogs fans should not undervalue Crameri here. Just because he may request a trade doesn't mean he'll go for minimum chips. If he walks to the PSD he will certainly be no guarantee to make it to the dogs.

Yeah you right

After getting * all for Gus last year i'l be disappointed if we don't get something good in return.

The Dogs are not going to give up Higgins plus 22 for Crameri. Higgins was a first round pick a few years ago & if not for injuries would be in the top 5 players at the club. If you are not prepared to pick up a 2nd tier player plus pick 22 then he will probably end up at Melbourne or St Kilda via the preseason draft.

As much as I rate Crameri, he is not worth pursuing if Essendon demand someone like Higgins as part of the deal.

Why would we trade higgins when he is at his lowest value? Higgins is equal to Crameri if not better and probably plays through the midfield when he is fit.

The Dogs are not going to give up Higgins plus 22 for Crameri. Higgins was a first round pick a few years ago & if not for injuries would be in the top 5 players at the club. If you are not prepared to pick up a 2nd tier player plus pick 22 then he will probably end up at Melbourne or St Kilda via the preseason draft.

As much as I rate Crameri, he is not worth pursuing if Essendon demand someone like Higgins as part of the deal.

It may not be higgins, but it will definitely have to be a player of value to get the deal done.

It may not be higgins, but it will definitely have to be a player of value to get the deal done.

Untouchables would be Murphy, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Stringer, Macrae, Smith, Griffen, Cooney, Libba, Roughy, Hrovat, Hunter, Minson, Talia & Morris. Pick from the rest, maybe Wood or Johannisen.

Untouchables would be Murphy, Wallis, Dahlhaus, Higgins, Stringer, Macrae, Smith, Griffen, Cooney, Libba, Roughy, Hrovat, Hunter, Minson, Talia & Morris. Pick from the rest, maybe Wood or Johannisen.

cant believe you would offer johannisen. up and coming rebounding half back that we desperatley need. he is another untouchable.. You could argue wood yes..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johannisen. I'm sick of having players whose bodies are crumbling. All this time on Gumby, bloody Prismall, ,Myers, Winders, now it's looking like Hurley, all the, "if he gets his body right, if he can hold up" bullshit is s**t. I don't want yet another hospital 'what if' case. Johannisen is ready to go.

Johannisen. I'm sick of having players whose bodies are crumbling. All this time on Gumby, bloody Prismall, ,Myers, Winders, now it's looking like Hurley, all the, "if he gets his body right, if he can hold up" bullshit is s**t. I don't want yet another hospital 'what if' case. Johannisen is ready to go.

Us saying yes to letting go to Johanniesen is probably like you guys saying yes to letting go of Hibberd.. (not that he is at the level of Hibberd yet.. but is on his way to being a good defender) not going to happen.

Us saying yes to letting go to Johanniesen is probably like you guys saying yes to letting go of Hibberd.. (not that he is at the level of Hibberd yet.. but is on his way to being a good defender) not going to happen.
Hibberd was one of the reasons that for most of the year we were a top 4 side. He was stiff not to be AA this year. Johannisen has proven nothing. Hibberd is an outstanding defender. Johannisen, by your admission, could be on his way to becoming a 'good' defender. More likely of the same trade value as Houli was to us a few years ago - he's unproven.

Hibberd was one of the reasons that for most of the year we were a top 4 side. He was stiff not to be AA this year. Johannisen has proven nothing.

(then why do you want him?) and to you guys he hasn't yet to us bulldogs supporters who have seen him grow he has.

I'd hate to see Johannisen go too, but you have to give someone up in order to get someone good in return. I would rather we keep Grant as I think he has the X Factor & although JJ is a talent, I think he can be replaced more easily than others.

I would love to see us just swap pick 22 for Crameri but realistically it is not going to be enough & Essendon want a player that could be in their best 22 & JJ fits the bill.

I'd hate to see Johannisen go too, but you have to give someone up in order to get someone good in return. I would rather we keep Grant as I think he has the X Factor & although JJ is a talent, I think he can be replaced more easily than others.

I would love to see us just swap pick 22 for Crameri but realistically it is not going to be enough & Essendon want a player that could be in their best 22 & JJ fits the bill.

That is massive overs.. he fills a need and we wont be getting rid of him. its not gonna happen. anyway we hold the cards as he is uncontracted and we arent gonna get done over in this deal. anyway ill leave the essendon supporters discuss in their thread what they think.. (at the end of the day we have no say in what the hell happens).

106 games?
How many this year? 3.

Before all of the Bulldogs supporters start thinking they'll bend us over - remember Crameri was an Essendon supporter and is a good club man. Our offer is not significantly below what WB are offering him. I doubt he would risk going to GWS.

WB would have to up their offer, if other clubs enter the frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back