12 - cutler.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2022
Last Game Played: Round 13, 2022 (omit)
Injury Status: Should be available to play this weekend - 20/7
Quad strain, "standard" injury, will miss about 4 weeks - 29/6

My Boy Draft 2022: Pick 16, ghostdog

Last edited:

awkward-umm-what.gif

One on one defense deep is not really his go. He is likely to be surplus given the defense stocks we now have despite his strong finish. His one wood is half back flank , intercepting and providing a bit of run but we have a few in that race.

Its interesting that everyone seems to have written him off even though he finished the season as one of our most in form players and played a decent final compared to most as well. Will have his chances in 2022 for sure.
everyone loves a whipping boy

Was quite good again today despite and his obvious limitations, he's proving he can still be a solid contributor in the best 22. Not sure if some of the ego's here will be able to concede that. But credit where it's due.

Was quite good again today despite and his obvious limitations, he's proving he can still be a solid contributor in the best 22. Not sure if some of the ego's here will be able to concede that. But credit where it's due.
100% agree.

Totally agree. Was definitely one of our best players when he came on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R2 v. Brisbane (loss)

15 Disposals (13 uncontested, 5 score involvements and 3 i50s)
7 Marks (6th)
356 Metres gained (10th)
66% DE

It's okay, Tommy. You'll get 'em next time.
R3 v. Melbourne (loss)

17 Disposals (5 contested)
6 Marks
1 Goal
3 Clearances
408 Metres gained
6 Score involvements
4 i50s
88% de

Decent game, Tommy.
Should be named on the bench at least.

He may not crash in and use his size that way but he also does not get thrown of the footy like a rag doll. Is putting together some good work but the list spots are looking a bit tight this year.

He may not crash in and use his size that way but he also does not get thrown of the footy like a rag doll. Is putting together some good work but the list spots are looking a bit tight this year.

Quite a few times he was out on the far side, holding his width (which is what he's meant to do) and our players ignored him to kick to the congestion on the near side instead.

Think he's doing well, would be better if our players out of the back half actually looked for the loose player to switch to.

Remind me a bit of Dyson in that regard.

Had a lot of issues with his game but has ironed many of them out to the point he is genuine AFL standard.

As you say, will there be a list spot available for him? From what we've seen of McDonagh and Ham, I know which way I'd be going.

Tom Cutler​

Key stats: 17 disposals, three marks

"'Cuts' only played the first half because he was on restricted game-time as an AFL emergency. He was outstanding, played on the wing and broke the lines to give us plenty of run and set up our attacks. He also helped us defensively with his transition. He ended up getting tagged in the second term because of the influence he was having."

R3 v. Melbourne (loss)

17 Disposals (5 contested)
6 Marks
1 Goal
3 Clearances
408 Metres gained
6 Score involvements
4 i50s
88% de

Decent game, Tommy.
Should be named on the bench at least.
R4 v. Adelaide (win)