Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fanta pants nearly left last year (very publicly) and he’s trying to leave again this year. No brainer why Essendon are under more pressure.

Its funny because that's the perception but there was no public announcement that he wanted to leave. Just a lot of talk and innuendo. It wasn't like Daniher who said "trade me to Sydney".

So I think you can reasonably argue this is the first year that Fantasia has asked to be traded.

Its funny because that's the perception but there was no public announcement that he wanted to leave. Just a lot of talk and innuendo. It wasn't like Daniher who said "trade me to Sydney".

So I think you can reasonably argue this is the first year that Fantasia has asked to be traded.
Maybe not a public request to be traded - but no doubt that last year he expressed to the club a desire to leave and they talked him round by explaining how awesome 2020 was going to be.

People have talked about a future first with a future second going back, which is only probably a downgrade of up to a dozen places (if they finish 6th and we finish 12th it'd be 12 spots). The difference between pick 12 and pick 25 is the equivalent of pick 39. If Port do better and Essendon do worse, say finishing where we finished this year respectively, the difference in points is equivalent to pick 50.

Goes to show how skewed the points system is particularly with overvaluing of second round picks. They'd pay pick 39 in a heartbeat or pick 50 in a fraction of one, and at that valuation we should be asking for something or someone else thrown into the deal. I don't think they'll be quite so eager to get Fantasia for a first round pick downgrade.

Supposedly Port will pull pick #28 to use it in a deal with Sydney involving Aliir and Hickey.
tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, Port really doing their best to trade for a player that they've gotten to nominate their club.

Port have done their best. Our best offer, widely considered to be very fair if not overs, has been unreasonably rejected. If Essendon miss out on #28 for Fantasia the fault lies with one man and one man alone.

Port have done their best. Our best offer, widely considered to be very fair if not overs, has been unreasonably rejected. If Essendon miss out on #28 for Fantasia the fault lies with one man and one man alone.
Your tears are delicious

Kochie? Widely considered? By who exactly?

Your tears are delicious

Tears lol. This is a great development. I'd much rather have Aliir on our list than Fantasia.

Basically every media source who has cared to comment on the matter, basically every opposition supporter who has cared to comment on the matter, and by the looks of the Drafts & Trading board even most Essendon supporters who have cared to comment on the matter.

Tears lol. This is a great development. I'd much rather have Aliir on our list than Fantasia.

Basically every media source who has cared to comment on the matter, basically every opposition supporter who has cared to comment on the matter, and by the looks of the Drafts & Trading board even most Essendon supporters who have cared to comment on the matter.
Your constant coming over and moaning about it really sells that.

Apart from that? You’ll never tear us apart

28 for Fantasia is good.
I don't mind asking the question of a Fantasia & future 2nd for future 1st to test the waters. Once it was rejected, we should have taken 28.
41 would have done me before the trade period.

I reckon future second might suit us more

Was thinking the same thing. Right now we do not have a final list size and how many picks are we going to use up this year anyway.
Could also help the Carlton deal. Give them Saad and one of the future seconds (ours or Ports) for 8 and their future third.
With 6-7-8 we could still trade with Geelong for 15+20. Give up 15 for Caldwell and still have two picks inside the top 10 plus 20 -48-67-73-78.

Was thinking the same thing. Right now we do not have a final list size and how many picks are we going to use up this year anyway.
Could also help the Carlton deal. Give them Saad and one of the future seconds (ours or Ports) for 8 and their future third.
With 6-7-8 we could still trade with Geelong for 15+20. Give up 15 for Caldwell and still have two picks inside the top 10 plus 20 -48-67-73-78.
The reason we've been talking future pick swaps with Carlton on top of 8 is because we dont have a 2nd this year and our only 3rd we need for acadamy bids. If we'd taken 28 on day 1 which was/is a fairly generous offer, we could've given 28 to Carlton with Saad and asked for a 3rd back. Wouldve strengthened our points for acadamy bids this year and we'd have 6,7,8 and would probably be further adavanced in Dunkley and Caldwell talks. Maybe Dodoro will land all his targets and he might be able to get a future 2nd for Raz instead, which would be great. But for me if he misses any of our targets and doesn't get significantly better than 28 for Raz ill be pretty dirty on him.

The reason we've been talking future pick swaps with Carlton on top of 8 is because we dont have a 2nd this year and our only 3rd we need for acadamy bids. If we'd taken 28 on day 1 which was/is a fairly generous offer, we could've given 28 to Carlton with Saad and asked for a 3rd back. Wouldve strengthened our points for acadamy bids this year and we'd have 6,7,8 and would probably be further adavanced in Dunkley and Caldwell talks. Maybe Dodoro will land all his targets and he might be able to get a future 2nd for Raz instead, which would be great. But for me if he misses any of our targets and doesn't get significantly better than 28 for Raz ill be pretty dirty on him.
I think the fact that future first round picks will be needed for Dunkley may have some bearing on not jumping in early.

Silly statement but pick 20 could hold tremendous value come draft night.

Dodo doing his best Daniel Levy could try and improve on it come draft night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back