Past #17: Mitchell Hibberd - won't be offered a new contract - thanks for your efforts Mitch

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he doesn't have genuinely elite athletic attributes? Because he hasn't shown that he can tear a game apart in his first 2 games? Because he doesn't play a position that is difficult to find? Because he hasn't lifted and had an impact in big games/finals? Because he wasn't late to football and hence has less upside with years of developing basic skills to match his naturally elite areas? Because he hasn't won a grand final sprint AND mark of the year? Because he doesn't provide (at a minimum) better-than-average ruck depth? Because he isn't an excitement machine who makes our fans/ the general public actually want to show up to our games?

Apart from all that, Mitch is tracking ok in your opinion?

giphy.gif

Apart from all that, Mitch is tracking ok in your opinion?
I quite like Mitch, was just calling out Snake's bullshit as per. Given a proper run at it he could be a decent 18-25 type, but wouldn't be too fussed either way given we have plenty of coverage in that position and the likes of EVW and Murphy have significantly greater upside outside of the current 22.

I quite like Mitch, was just calling out Snake's bullshit as per. Given a proper run at it he could be a decent 18-25 type, but wouldn't be too fussed either way given we have plenty of coverage in that position and the likes of EVW and Murphy have significantly greater upside outside of the current 22.

But, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but............

You have been shown up for an ignorant goose.

Act like a man.

But, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but............

You have been shown up for an ignorant goose.

Act like a man.
The only person here not acting like an adult is the bloke making snide jokes about his chosen whipping boy/ outlet for pent-up feelings of inferiority in an unrelated player's thread, and then abusing those who call him out on it.

Its just pathetic, and even more so considering you're the guy who lays into other posters who irrationally pot specific players ad nauseum.

I'd have him safe unless we somehow clear more than 6 spots of the senior list

Has been very strong in the vfl, next year he should have Wrights spot

So your saying Wright will get delisted or move via FA?

Id also suggest EVW is a chance for that spot.

Hibberd is likely gone for mine with some possibility of being re-drafted with a late pick or rookied.

The only person here not acting like an adult is the bloke making snide jokes about his chosen whipping boy/ outlet for pent-up feelings of inferiority in an unrelated player's thread, and then abusing those who call him out on it.

Its just pathetic, and even more so considering you're the guy who lays into other posters who irrationally pot specific players ad nauseum.

Your ignorance of Mitch Hibberd shows that you are a s**t footy judge.

You spruik with a bullhorn, but you exhibit the content of a school child.

Your ignorance of Mitch Hibberd shows that you are a s**t footy judge.

You spruik with a bullhorn, but you exhibit the content of a school child.
Nice 3:45am post mate. I've watched Mitch play (live) at junior level and followed his footy for years and certainly hope he makes it, but you'd be ignorant to deny that he's in trouble at this point, given he hasnt once been named emergency this year and Dec is off the back of one VFL game.

Nice 3:45am post mate. I've watched Mitch play (live) at junior level and followed his footy for years and certainly hope he makes it, but you'd be ignorant to deny that he's in trouble at this point, given he hasnt once been named emergency this year and Dec is off the back of one VFL game.

You know nothing about football.

Stick to the SC/DT posse or find another hobby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13374585-D2B1-49EE-9858-F8CD54B61837.jpeg

Beware, like the South Park episode of world of Warcraft, you are dealing with someone, who has no life

While I'm proud of your technological capability, I'm not entirely sure what reposting an official club release we've all seen before is supposed to provide? Everyone knows Mitch is a great endurance runner, it's why he's on our list.

Pick your hat up, dust it off, put it back on, and remember you better have your facts right the next time you try to put me on show to impress the SJW posse.

Last edited:
Pick your hat up, dust it off, put it back on, and remember you better have your facts right the next time you try to put me on show to impress the SJW posse.
Genuinely have no clue what you're rambling about, but it's probably best to move on at this point...

29 disposals, 10 marks, 5 tackles, 2 i50s and 0.1
I thought he was good today, has been pretty good all year. Deserves something.

If he can’t force Mcdonald out of the side now with the s**t he has served up in the last month then I’m not sure the club sees him as a player. Hasn’t even had a look in this year despite the injuries.

I'd have him safe unless we somehow clear more than 6 spots of the senior list

Has been very strong in the vfl, next year he should have Wrights spot
Wrights going nowhere he will sign reduced contract to stay as other options will be Carlton or Gold Coast .
Hibberd is gone delisted just another victim of poor development thru the insipid VFL structure we have had over the last decade.
Will take at least 3 years of having our own VFL side to start things change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back