AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

As David King kindly pointed out, 745m gained from his 25 touches to go along with his 10 intercept possessions.

Not denying how good offensively he was but the 10 intercept possessions suggests he was working equally hard the other way as well. p

As someone in this very thread mentioned earlier in the year, he may stuff up (ie; runs to far) but he continues to go for it which is an astounding trait to have in a professional athlete. Easy for him to go into his shell and take the easy options but his dare is second to none.
Hawks are defensively well drilled.
They put roadblocks in to curtail him most the game, but he was still excellent defensively.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All that aside, the thing I like the most is that Hind wants to be here and came back at almost our lowest eb, while Saad turned out to be fair weather only.

I don’t believe for a minute that Essendon couldn’t have made an equivalent offer with the salary, cars, post-footy career, etc.

All that aside, the thing I like the most is that Hind wants to be here and came back at almost our lowest eb, while Saad turned out to be fair weather only.

I don’t believe for a minute that Essendon couldn’t have made an equivalent offer with the salary, cars, post-footy career, etc.

i love seeing his stupid face - hes in the identical rabble he left last year with a different jumper - but locked in for 5 years

That clutch drop he has from 0 to warp speed is absoulutley mind blowing.

Had a good laugh at the commentators with his five bounces in a row play too, especially Lynchy... "Looks like he's playing basket ball" 😅

I was so devestated to lose those other two jets but they had lost their enthusiasm by then, Connor had totally checked out (kind of warrented by his circumstances) and Adam had picked up this strange Figjam attitude he didn't arrive with.

Nick just seems to have this undying will to be part of it all and knows no other way than to give his all...

He is a ripper!

its not the stats as such, they are relatively close - its the price paid

they paid top dollar for a supercar with huge fanfare, we grabbed a beat up old car off the streets of stk that said free to good home - halfway through the grand prix they are neck and neck - its unheard of
Hindsight is always 2020 they say… well in 2020 I didn’t see this coming… but now I look back and can see how stupid both Carlton and St Kilda were… so I’m confused, are we seeing things in 2020 vision or not?

Nick just looks like the kind of guy that will step over his own mother just to wear the jumper each week. genuinely ecstatic to be out on the field

Was surprised to learn he was a Bulldogs supporter growing up.

With the passion he plays with I assumed he was a Bombers supporter and loved the jumper in a more profound way - like current players such as Zaharakis, Heppell, Jones etc do.

Was surprised to learn he was a Bulldogs supporter growing up.

With the passion he plays with I assumed he was a Bombers supporter and loved the jumper in a more profound way - like current players such as Zaharakis, Heppell, Jones etc do.
I know a guy who was a Melbourne player growing up but when he was picked up by Footscray in the VFL he changed his tune. Now always refers to the Bulldogs as "we" and "us".

Nick just looks like the kind of guy that will step over his own mother just to wear the jumper each week. genuinely ecstatic to be out on the field

I reckon I said something similar a little while back. You absolutely need blokes like that at the club, it's infectious.

I know a guy who was a Melbourne player growing up but when he was picked up by Footscray in the VFL he changed his tune. Now always refers to the Bulldogs as "we" and "us".
Wonder how players go after a career at a club they didnt support.

Im sure Scott West bleeds bulldog colours, James Kelly it seems still follows the dons after a career at Geelong etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back