AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not in the Top 5 on the tracker list so would have run less than 13.7km (Martin was highest with 14.6km for the game).

Interestingly; Jake Kelly had 31 total sprints ahead of the next best at 25, and has the AFL record for most total sprints in a game at 49. If people are wondering why Jake Kelly is in the team, it's because he's that guy.
Yep and it is why he has moved forward.

Are we expecting him to be used more up forward based on where he's been training? Is that a stop gap measure given our weaker small fwd stocks relative to our small def stocks?

He flourished when he first arrived because HBF is where he belonged and StK used him as a small fwd. Not sure why we'd think he'd make it as a small fwd at this stage of his career?

Are we expecting him to be used more up forward based on where he's been training? Is that a stop gap measure given our weaker small fwd stocks relative to our small def stocks?

He flourished when he first arrived because HBF is where he belonged and StK used him as a small fwd. Not sure why we'd think he'd make it as a small fwd at this stage of his career?
Yeah you'd assume so. They know what he can do back already and forward is not completely foreign to him. He's been going well by all reports. Could be a handy sub with his speed and the ability to pinch hit forward as well as what he can do back.

I just hope he's better able to listen to his coach up forward. He seemed to be allergic to it down back.

Ben Rutten likes this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

interesting comment about weak small stocks, I'm keen to carry this conversation.
I went through the list and not going to get height numbers, this is what i came up with

Small Forwards:
A.Davey Jnr
J.Davey
J.Menzie
J.Gresham
M.Guelfi
T.Wanganeen

Small Defenders:
A.McGrath
D.Heppell?

Will be very interesting to see the settled team and where all of these boys line up

interesting comment about weak small stocks, I'm keen to carry this conversation.
I went through the list and not going to get height numbers, this is what i came up with

Small Forwards:
A.Davey Jnr
J.Davey
J.Menzie
J.Gresham
M.Guelfi
T.Wanganeen

Small Defenders:
A.McGrath
D.Heppell?

Will be very interesting to see the settled team and where all of these boys line up

If we're at full strength then Redman is also a small defender and now Martin is the running defender. If we can also have a half forward line of Langford, Cox and Perkins who are all capable of running like mids, then our midfield can push back and cover the defence as well.

Modern footy isn't just about how many small blokes or big blokes are in a position, it is about a whole ground system.

Can we cover the opposition's attempt to attack?
Can we win ground balls?
Can we move the ball forward?
Can we find players in space up forward to score?

That's it.

He is a naturally offensive player. His line breaking ability and speed down back was handy but he could be a bit of a weapon if the shackles are released. I can see him playing as a hard running forward flanker taking advantage of fast turnovers and good ball movement but not really as a lockdown defender these days. Maybe down back at pinch. I like the sound of the move.

He is a naturally offensive player. His line breaking ability and speed down back was handy but he could be a bit of a weapon if the shackles are released. I can see him playing as a hard running forward flanker taking advantage of fast turnovers and good ball movement but not really as a lockdown defender these days. Maybe down back at pinch. I like the sound of the move.

He was played FWD at St Kilda. He wasn't great.

His best form by far has been as a defender.

Suspect he'll play a lot of games as sub though.

He was played FWD at St Kilda. He wasn't great.

His best form by far has been as a defender.

Suspect he'll play a lot of games as sub though.
He actually played some great footy at the Saints as a forward but he was patchy. Agree overall though.

I’d like to see him given the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggested that they move him forward last year while Alwyn was still developing. Even though he was patchy at the Saints I think he has looked good for us when he has gone forward. Different teams have different structures and setups as well so he might be more suited to ours?

I agree with others that he will be fighting for a spot so I’m not sure if he starts best 22. It is great though that we have few fringe players pushing for spots and that can come in for injured or suspended players.

Small Forwards:
A.Davey Jnr
J.Davey
J.Menzie
J.Gresham
M.Guelfi
T.Wanganeen

Small Defenders:
A.McGrath
D.Heppell?

it's Menzie, A Davey and Gresham
Guelfi is a utility
others haven't shown much

if it's those three lining up against McGrath, Redman and Kelly, i know whose winning that battle

Is more worthy of a suspension than Wright. That elbow was cowardly and cheap.
I reckon this is a beat up. I think he was searching / reaching for a (non high) bump and the guy just kept getting further away from where contact was anticipated, and instead of making contact, Hind's elbow comes away from the body. Even then it wasn't head high, it grazed past the front of the Swan's shoulder.

This act was from some weird bizarro world.
Robbo is goose.
But even geese can be good value - when made into food.
(Ok bad analogy.)

“Yeah, but that’s fake tough as well, Gerard,” Robinson quipped. “It’s fake, he didn’t want to do it. If he wanted to do it, he would’ve.

“He had every opportunity to hit him ... Look, he didn’t even raise it (his elbow).”

If you watch the video, there is zero reaction from Warner / other Swans. Like they didn’t take it seriously. My boy Hind comes across as flighty but not a thug.

I suggested that they move him forward last year while Alwyn was still developing. Even though he was patchy at the Saints I think he has looked good for us when he has gone forward. Different teams have different structures and setups as well so he might be more suited to ours?
From February but this could be on the money. Different structure at Essendon…. Or maybe a desperate need for a super quick small forward to disrupt the ball exiting our forward line so quickly. Defensive forward playing on the play maker… Wanganeen-Milera this week.

I reckon this is a beat up. I think he was searching / reaching for a (non high) bump and the guy just kept getting further away from where contact was anticipated, and instead of making contact, Hind's elbow comes away from the body. Even then it wasn't head high, it grazed past the front of the Swan's shoulder.
Totally agree. He just looks uncoordinated.

This act was from some weird bizarro world.
Robbo is goose.
But even geese can be good value - when made into food.
(Ok bad analogy.)

“Yeah, but that’s fake tough as well, Gerard,” Robinson quipped. “It’s fake, he didn’t want to do it. If he wanted to do it, he would’ve.

“He had every opportunity to hit him ... Look, he didn’t even raise it (his elbow).”

If you watch the video, there is zero reaction from Warner / other Swans. Like they didn’t take it seriously. My boy Hind comes across as flighty but not a thug.

Looks like a fringe player who's a step slower than he once was trying to go the biff because he's not quite able to make the play anymore.

He just failed at going the biff.

I'd drop him for being dumb.

Looks like a fringe player who's a step slower than he once was trying to go the biff because he's not quite able to make the play anymore.

He just failed at going the biff.

I'd drop him for being dumb.
The poor bugger was suffering from delayed concussion on Saturday night after having a close chat with the AFL's lovechilds(Heeney) fist earlier in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back