Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

His huge clunk against Sydney and the one against 3 Corio defenders in the PF (where he got the free kick anyway) were my favourite. When he's flying for the ball at pace with his arms up, he's basically unstoppable.

An absolute colossus who's a footballer first, as opposed to other 200cm athletes running around - without a doubt the best key forward in the game right now. We will literally build and groom our forward line around this beautiful son of a bitch for the next 5 years.

look out:

Injury free he'll be more dangerous. He'll know our systems better and we'll know him. And if he and Jack (and Dusty) can make it work (like they did in finals) then he could kick 80, and so could Jack, with Dusty chipping in for 60. Which is ridiculous. But also logically possible :eek:

Injury free he'll be more dangerous. He'll know our systems better and we'll know him. And if he and Jack (and Dusty) can make it work (like they did in finals) then he could kick 80, and so could Jack, with Dusty chipping in for 60. Which is ridiculous. But also logically possible :eek:
The Tigers Forward line Triumvirate..............

Tom Lynch expects his partnership with Jack Riewoldt to become even more damaging in 2020

They helped carry Richmond to a premiership last year. But in scary news for rivals, Tom Lynch expects his partnership with Jack Riewoldt to create even more havoc in 2020.

Richmond forward Tom Lynch is already in full training and warned his deadly combination with fellow spearhead Jack Riewoldt will grow stronger in 2020.

Lynch’s 2019 pre-season campaign was heavily interrupted after he underwent knee surgery a few months before joining the Tigers.

This pre-season appears to be a different story, with the premiership big man avoiding any post-season surgeries to be up and about pre-Christmas.

“It was nice to be in the normal program and not have to worry about rehab or anything,” Lynch said.

“I’m feeling great and I’m in everything at the moment, so it’s nice to be out there at this time of year instead of in the gym and swimming in the pool.

“It’s good to be in this position.”

Despite coming into last season under a cloud, the former Gold Coast skipper still played every game in 2019 and booted 63 goals.

He said getting a full pre-season under his belt would better help him explode into 2020.

“It’s good I can now focus on a bit more of my craft now and things like that compared to this time last year when I was battling just trying to get fit for Round 1,” he said.

“I obviously want to build on last season and hopefully improve a little bit going into this season.”

Lynch and Riewoldt managed just 13 games together in 2019 and Lynch believed their connection would grow stronger next season.

“I think the more we play with each other, the better we’ll be,” he said.

“I felt like towards the end of the year our chemistry really grew and I’m looking forward to that really growing again.”

The Tigers have won two of the past three premierships, but Lynch said there was still plenty of hunger for more success.

“To be honest we’ve well and truly moved on from the grand final,” he said.

“It seems like a long time ago now and we’re really looking forward to 2020.

“There’s still definitely massive growth.

“We’re still pretty young and we’ve also got (Alex) Rance coming back in and I’m looking forward to playing with him.

“I feel like we can improve, and every year the competition is improving so you need to improve.”

Meanwhile, the Tigers on Tuesday farewelled the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School’s (MITS) Class of 2019.

Since 2016, a class of Indigenous boys and girls from communities around Australia have come to live in Richmond and attend school each day inside Tigerland.

Richmond’s players presented each of the graduating students with a Tigers jersey while also sharing a barbecue with them.

That game against cats in premlim and even against Port kept us in it bigtime.
ah yes...Huddo screaming like a schoolgirl (sexist!): it's not over yet...........But it's bloody close.

btw, that concludes my testing, from 2020 I'll be posting in this format...with sounds, the only restriction on imgur is the clip is max 1 minute long...which should be fine even for our long chaos goals.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the most successful power full forward for quite a while to change clubs on a big contract. May have missed someone and not sure if Brad Ottens counts as a power full forward.

PlayerOld ClubNew ClubPremierships
Tom LynchGold CoastRichmond1
Lance FranklinHawthornSydney0
Tony LockettSt KildaSydney0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure the most successful power full forward for quite a while to change clubs on a big contract. May have missed someone and not sure if Brad Ottens counts as a power full forward.

Barry Hall St Kilda to Sydney!

Tom Lynch expects his partnership with Jack Riewoldt to become even more damaging in 2020

They helped carry Richmond to a premiership last year. But in scary news for rivals, Tom Lynch expects his partnership with Jack Riewoldt to create even more havoc in 2020.

Richmond forward Tom Lynch is already in full training and warned his deadly combination with fellow spearhead Jack Riewoldt will grow stronger in 2020.

Lynch’s 2019 pre-season campaign was heavily interrupted after he underwent knee surgery a few months before joining the Tigers.

This pre-season appears to be a different story, with the premiership big man avoiding any post-season surgeries to be up and about pre-Christmas.

“It was nice to be in the normal program and not have to worry about rehab or anything,” Lynch said.

“I’m feeling great and I’m in everything at the moment, so it’s nice to be out there at this time of year instead of in the gym and swimming in the pool.

“It’s good to be in this position.”

Despite coming into last season under a cloud, the former Gold Coast skipper still played every game in 2019 and booted 63 goals.

He said getting a full pre-season under his belt would better help him explode into 2020.

“It’s good I can now focus on a bit more of my craft now and things like that compared to this time last year when I was battling just trying to get fit for Round 1,” he said.

“I obviously want to build on last season and hopefully improve a little bit going into this season.”

Lynch and Riewoldt managed just 13 games together in 2019 and Lynch believed their connection would grow stronger next season.

“I think the more we play with each other, the better we’ll be,” he said.

“I felt like towards the end of the year our chemistry really grew and I’m looking forward to that really growing again.”

The Tigers have won two of the past three premierships, but Lynch said there was still plenty of hunger for more success.

“To be honest we’ve well and truly moved on from the grand final,” he said.

“It seems like a long time ago now and we’re really looking forward to 2020.

“There’s still definitely massive growth.

“We’re still pretty young and we’ve also got (Alex) Rance coming back in and I’m looking forward to playing with him.

“I feel like we can improve, and every year the competition is improving so you need to improve.”

Meanwhile, the Tigers on Tuesday farewelled the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School’s (MITS) Class of 2019.

Since 2016, a class of Indigenous boys and girls from communities around Australia have come to live in Richmond and attend school each day inside Tigerland.

Richmond’s players presented each of the graduating students with a Tigers jersey while also sharing a barbecue with them.

More dangerous than 12-1 win loss with jack & Tom , whoa that’s scary and I mean s c a r y

Alistair Lynch ?
10 year deal turned into a key forward .

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back