Review 1994 1st Preliminary Final - Hand of God

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to remind us of the free kick count?

Oh come on, no one looks at free kick counts anymore. We've all been educated enough by the AFL to understand that free kicks are awarded when they are there and the final tally means nothing.

Move on buddy...

the Colbert mark on the other hand, now that was an injustice (Yes, I'll move on one day...)

Yep. I can't ever counter you on that one to be honest!. I'd love to see the whole game again - though 32 free kicks to 13 will always be a head-scratcher to me.

Did umpires Peter Carey, Brett Allen or Peter Mitchell ever seem to have it in for North? Or was it the AFL agenda in general?

As I said in my first post, it's not just the number, but where they were, when they happened, and what didn't get paid the other way.

I also said that, and feel free to prove me wrong, I don't whinge about the umpires by and large.

A case in point. The 2007 Qualifying FInal. IN the first quarter or so, you guys got a few very soft frees. But did it matter? No, because you murdered us because you were by so far the better side it really didn't matter and in reality, the only reason you got them is because you had so much more of the ball. Fair play.

But 32 free kicks to 13 in a game that is decided by less than a kick. Come on.

I was at the game and I have bsolutely no doubt that the reason it was as close as it was is because Geelong were gifted four or five goals by the umps. Yes, we should have kicked straighter and could have put you away etc but that is immateriel when you consider we were playing against 18 Geelong boys and three white maggots.

32 - 13. A joke.

Oh come on, no one looks at free kick counts anymore. We've all been educated enough by the AFL to understand that free kicks are awarded when they are there and the final tally means nothing.

Move on buddy...

the Colbert mark on the other hand, now that was an injustice (Yes, I'll move on one day...)

LOL. For the record, I was genuinely so happy for you guys when you broke through in 2007 and your recent era of dominance has been well deserved. Lap it up pussycats.

And on Colbert - was against that trade from the get go and it hurt us in many many ways. Poor by Pagan, North and Colbert himself.

I was at that game. Amazing atmosphere. Was sitting in the second tier of the old Olympic Stand, and you could see where the pockets of the respective teams' fans were sitting after the game. Geelong's fans were delirious, jumping up and down and hugging and high fiving each other, while all the Roos fans were just sitting there like stunned mullets. :D
Me too.
One of the most stressful games ever. Matched only by the 07 Prelim v Pies and the 09 GF v Saints.
Buddha was his typical brilliant self v NM. He loved playing well against them.

One of the top 5 games I attended. Extraordinary scenes post match. That was footy at its best. How the game has deteriorated since then.

Side note: my brother and I were king hit by two North thugs as we were walking out the ground singing the Geelong theme song. My brother’s glasses smashed over his face. Have despised North ever since then..

Unbelievably Peter Carey had more impact than the greatest of them all, Wayne Carey. Disgusting umpiring and Geelong got what they deserved the next week.

Wayne Carey is probably the most overrated footballer of all time. His reputation is mostly built on Mike Sheehan (a football non-entity) blowing smoke up his arse for a few years. His career also declined very quickly.

Am I doing it right?

This, the 2007 Prelim and the 2009 Saints game (even though we lost) are the best games I've seen.

Apart from the first quarter in the Saints game - Stevie J was an extremely late withdrawal and it looked like the team was smashed for a six by the news - we barely yelped in that first quarter. Gave up five goals or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope your brother did not end up blind like the Geelong loving umpires.
Did you know that North Melbourne are 2nd for free kicks (+400) and Geelong are 10th (+25)?

Did you also know it's against BF rules to make a new account if you get banned.

Did you know that the shinbonner spirit is just a coping mechanism for a s**t club?

Piss off back to the backwater you came from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back