News 2 Collingwood players being investigated for COVID-19 Breach

Remove this Banner Ad

High horse riders, take a real good look in the mirror. Then look again.
What have you got lurking in your past?
Nothing I wouldn’t have accepted a four week ban for, and thanked whatever higher power may have existed that it didn’t turn out worse...

So should the club punish him too?
No, the club should not, and why should it. The individual stuffed up completely, and l am a big fan of steel. But he knew the rules and what is expected of him

Steele gets drunk. Doesn’t drive. 4 weeks suspension.

Hunter gets drunk. Drives his car. 4 weeks suspension.

Anyone who has been touched by the road toll care to comment?
I think Hunter has only copped weeks for his Covid breaches. They didn't give him anything for the drink driving & smashing cars because of the police investigation. Dont know if that will change down the track though

I am pretty astounded that that was deemed equivalent to the Lachie Hunter incident but there you go. Definitely stupid, would've thought 2 weeks would be about right.
The punishment is disproportionate to the indiscretion that's been committed by Steele.

I wish the club had some balls and appealed it.

No, the club should not, and why should it. The individual stuffed up completely, and l am a big fan of steel. But he knew the rules and what is expected of him
I like you my Home Boy. You love the pies, and that’s all I need to know.
I’m upset about Steele, he’s my boy, I love him. I will defend him until the end of days.

Steele gets drunk. Doesn’t drive. 4 weeks suspension.

Hunter gets drunk. Drives his car. 4 weeks suspension.

Anyone who has been touched by the road toll care to comment?
The suspension from the afl was for the covid breaches, being pissed is a club matter

The punishment is disproportionate to the indiscretion that's been committed by Steele.

I wish the club had some balls and appealed it.
If he got his sentence reduced he’d only go and celebrate with Tyson Goldsack or Dale Thomas. He needs to take his whack and STFU. I like Rusty as much as the next guy but he only has himself to blame.

I like you my Home Boy. You love the pies, and that’s all I need to know.
I’m upset about Steele, he’s my boy, I love him. I will defend him until the end of days.
I like defending steel to, but on this l cannot, it was stupid at this time.
But l can forgive him. But will the team and the club though, or will they think he has been punished enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But l can forgive him. But will the team and the club though, or will they think he has been punished enough
There will be many hugs, no punishment from his family.

I'm in this camp. I think the punishment fit the crime (I know not all on here agree), but I've definitely forgiven him. I'm sure the players & Club already have.

“Club president Eddie McGuire confirmed Collingwood would not review Sidebottom’s vice-captaincy or place in the club’s leadership group.“

It’s time to close ranks. We are Collingwood. Our boy stuffed up, the scum bag AFL have whacked him.

We will win anyway, and then be stronger when Steele returns.

We are Collingwood.

The roll is on.

I think Hunter has only copped weeks for his Covid breaches. They didn't give him anything for the drink driving & smashing cars because of the police investigation. Dont know if that will change down the track though
Whi have Hinger the suspension? AFL or the doggies?

They love him. Your friend gets drunk and stuffs up, you sure as hell don't get angry with him - unless it's a Carey type situation, which it isn't. They'll be laughing at and with him about it very very soon.

Absolutely ridiculous he gets 4 weeks. In comparison hunter broke 4 laws, drink driving, smashing 4 cars, fleeing the scene and getting his mates to try and cover for him. Same penalty. McKenna tests positive after breaking protocols gets 1 week and that is served while in quarantine. What a joke this suspension is

They still could have given him weeks considering behaviour was part of Steele’s suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back