Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our only time for night where we took advantage of the stand rule and Sleevo peeled past Goldy for the handpass is what he should be doing repeatedly. Bizarro world that we don’t do this often......every club does it the majority of the time.
Did we do it more than that one time? We continuously go back from man on mark and kick the ball, leading to a contest then turnover.
He worked hard to make that happen too. Needs to be highlighted in the review of his game. If he does that more i can put up with his softbess.

On Nobles team sheet, whenever he does it up every week, it should have Stephenson's name in bold text and size 72 font on a wing/HBF for the rest of his career. He's too good by foot and too smart, reads the game too well to be rotting on a HFF or a FP where we get it down there 15 times a game at best

FMD. His movement and ball use in the back half stood out like the proverbial. We should be investigated for tanking if we do drop him this week.
One touch in the first qtr and a gutless bruise free display in the second half.

One good qtr, he’s the exact sort of player we don’t want. A flake.

On Nobles team sheet, whenever he does it up every week, it should have Stephenson's name in bold text and size 72 font on a wing/HBF for the rest of his career. He's too good by foot and too smart, reads the game too well to be rotting on a HFF or a FP where we get it down there 15 times a game at best
Stephenson is most effective when weaving through traffic and collecting the ball in space and surging inside 50. Did it the second quarter beautifully and caused Carlton headaches.

It is for this reason alone I give Nobles praise for starting him in a forward pocket in the 2nd half. You think we know better than Nobles! Come on FG

Stephenson is most effective when weaving through traffic and collecting the ball in space and surging inside 50. Did it the second quarter beautifully and caused Carlton headaches.

It is for this reason alone I give Nobles praise for starting him in a forward pocket in the 2nd half. You think we know better than Nobles! Come on FG
He actually started on the bench in the second half. Terrible coaching to a confidence player coming off a big qtr.

Our HB line for the rest of the season should read -

Sleevo - Corr - Thomas

Plenty of run, plenty of line breaking ability, good ball use. We need a shot in the arm off HB.

The only thing that worries me is Sleevo defensively, but his run and attacking play should counter that.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

One touch in the first qtr and a gutless bruise free display in the second half.

One good qtr, he’s the exact sort of player we don’t want. A flake.
I agree with this take.

The second quarter showed what he can do , the other three were poor

He actually started on the bench in the second half. Terrible coaching to a confidence player coming off a big qtr.
If that effects him that much we have a problem

His possessions and line-breaking ability across HB definitely created the illusion of him getting the ball more than the 15 possession or so stat line suggests.
It stood out and he was playing brilliantly in the second qtr, but didn’t do anything after that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This kid needs a kick up the ass. Underperforming in a huge way. Someone tell him he can be the kid that pissed his career away or he can start pulling his weight and show some determination and become the player he is capable of

Purely for his laziness i'd drop him back to VFL.

I don't care how "talented" he is, just not a team player and we need players who want the contest more than ever.

Sincere doubts on his future for mine if he doesn't change how he goes about his football.

Remember when he was BOG against the Weagles last year? What has happened?
Doesn’t give a * just like the majority of his teammates.

Something stinks internally. You don’t go from talented to complete potato unless something is rotten.

Too many examples of this in the current team to be a Stevo only issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back