Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

You have the choice to bring in a forward, do you bring

33yo Eddie Betts
22yo Jaidyn Stephenson

baggers!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Unless we play them in the finals this year I think we've seen Eddie's last game against North. Maybe almost his last game. Time to hang up those shorts Eddie.

You have the choice to bring in a forward, do you bring

33yo Eddie Betts
22yo Jaidyn Stephenson

baggers!!! 🤣🤣🤣

So far am more than happy with Jaidyn but can understand the Eddie move for them.

Still has a lot of talent and seems a really good guy to have around the place and guiding their kids.

LDU has as much talent as Stephenson.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Exciting times ahead for sure, Stephenson and Thomas have always been more goal kicking mids just they're growing in confidence and this game nailed more of their shots. But LDU, Phillips, Powell and Simpkin are all very talented in slightly different ways. Id rather not look at it as whos the best, but more of a midfield unit that brings the best out of each.

They know it too. Anytime they are within 50m and can have a shot they don't pass it off unless there is a free man over the top into an open goal. So good to see players with that confidence.
Exactly. There are times when you see some bloke run inside 50 then pass off the ball to hand the responsibility to somebody else - anybody else. Good that these blokes have the confidence to take ownership and every kick they launch is gaining experience for next year and beyond when these kicks will matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne – Jaidyn Stephenson

It’s been a mixed bag for Jaidyn Stephenson in his first season in the royal blue and white stripes, but the 22-year-old is starting to recapture some of the form that saw him win the 2018 Rising Star. In the Roos’ upset victory over Carlton, Stephenson kicked three goals to go with his 24 disposals, eight marks and seven score involvements, proving just how damaging he can be.

If Sleevo gets almost 40 possessions and a goal per game going forward then I don't care if he uses his ass to provide the weather report on Instagram next, I'll gladly give it a like.
Southerly winds

Interesting what he said on the footy show this morning about us building a culture where anyone can speak up and criticise those that need a rocket.

There is a metric s**t of management theory that is all predicated on the idea of trust, vulnerability and psychological safety.

The team in the 90s would have had this, they just did it over drinks in the nightclub after a game. While that part is gone. The premise it is built upon is what makes strong teams strong.

North Melbourne – Jaidyn Stephenson

It’s been a mixed bag for Jaidyn Stephenson in his first season in the royal blue and white stripes, but the 22-year-old is starting to recapture some of the form that saw him win the 2018 Rising Star. In the Roos’ upset victory over Carlton, Stephenson kicked three goals to go with his 24 disposals, eight marks and seven score involvements, proving just how damaging he can be.
Mixed bag?

He's averaging 19.9 touches and a goal a game, pretty much the same as Shai Bolton.

The list of players averaging 20+ touches and 1+ goals a game is as follows:

Christian Petracca
Marcus Bontempelli
Dustin Martin
Shai Bolton

I think Stephenson can lay claim to having a season that is a touch better than a 'mixed bag'.

Mixed bag?

He's averaging 19.9 touches and a goal a game, pretty much the same as Shai Bolton.

Christian Petracca
Marcus Bontempelli
Dustin Martin
Shai Bolton

I think Stephenson can lay claim to having a season that is a touch better than a 'mixed bag'.

Was going to say the exact same thing.

Statistically this is one of the best trades of the last 5 years given the outlay and the fact he's 22 years old.

Mixed bag?

Christian Petracca
Marcus Bontempelli
Dustin Martin
Shai Bolton

His season is as much a ‘mixed bag’ as Cunners is an ‘alright midfielder’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back